• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Minimizing compulsive redocing

Ignio

Bluelighter
When you take cocaine, you get that amazing high from the first lime that you keep chasing., thus resulting in compulsive redosing.

Have anyone experienced with the time it is necessary between each line for maximizing the effects of line? 30 min? 1 hour? Longer? Or is not possible to measure in hours but days? I can easily take cocaine day one, sleep and then as soon as I wake up take a line that feels like the first. Even though the sleep has only been two hours?

Is this due to sleep doing something to ones serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine? If then, could you some how mimic sleep with things like Quetiapin which is affecting the actions of certain chemicals in the brain known as neurotransmitters. Quetiapin is used to treat Schizophrenia (amongst others) which is known to be associated with an overactivity of dopamine. Quetiapine works by blocking the receptors in the brain that dopamine acts on. Thus Quetiapin should kill some of the cocaine effects which is also my experience as it is effective taking when wanting to sleep after cocaine use. In order words, Quetiepin will lessen the cocaine high.

On wiki under cocaine it says: "Metabolism Hepatic CYP3A4"
One of the contraindications listed under Quetiapin is CYP3A4-inhibitors. What does this mean?

But I am going off of my own topic now, how to prevent compulsive redosing of cocaine (and meth, MDMA etc for that matter as well)

People will reply with smoke weed, combine with opiats, drinks alcohol, this might make you more high and thus less prone to search to cocaine high, but now I am talking about the cocaine high and the special neurotransmitters influenced by this.

On wiki under cocaine it says: "Metabolism Hepatic CYP3A4"
One of the contraindications listed under Quetiapin is CYP3A4-inhibitors. What does this mean?
Quetiapin will inhibit the metabolism of cocaine, but will inhibit cocaines effects too. So the cocaine will stay longer in your system, because the metabolism is inhibited, but you won't feel much, cause of the quetiapin, so it'll only increase side effects like cardiotoxicity.

Quetiapin will inhibit the metabolism of cocaine, but will inhibit cocaines effects too. So the cocaine will stay longer in your system, because the metabolism is inhibited, but you won't feel much, cause of the quetiapin, so it'll only increase side effects like cardiotoxicity.

Will you explain that to me in greater details. Every night I take 50mg og Quetiapine to help me get to sleep. I do this in nights where I have taken cocaine too, I shouldn't do that since it will increase side effects of cocaine?

Will you explain that to me in greater details. Every night I take 50mg og Quetiapine to help me get to sleep. I do this in nights where I have taken cocaine too, I shouldn't do that since it will increase side effects of cocaine?
Well, I just looked it up.
Quetiapine is metabolized by CYP3A4 and a part of cocaine(around 10 % ) is metabolized by this enzyme too. So while quetiapine is metabolized by CYP3A4 it can inhibit the metabolism of cocaine by CYP3A4. But 10% is not that much so imo it won't interfere with the metabolism of cocaine too much. Maybe the cocaine will stay in your system a little bit longer than normal.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19941909
Quetiapine is an effective atypical antipsychotic medication that was reported to reduce substance use and craving in patients with schizophrenia. This clinical effect of quetiapine is hypothesized to be due to its low affinity for dopamine receptors and its weak attenuation of central reward functions. The present study was designed to determine the magnitude of the reward attenuation induced by different doses of quetiapine and its effectiveness at reducing the effect of cocaine. Experiments were performed on male Sprague-Dawley rats that were trained to produce operant responses to receive rewarding stimulations to the medial forebrain bundle. In a first study, we tested the effects of three doses of quetiapine (5, 10, 20 mg/kg) on brain stimulation reward using a within-subject design and the curve-shift method. In a second study, we tested the effectiveness of a low and high dose of quetiapine (5 and 20 mg/kg) at blocking the reward enhancing effect of cocaine (4 mg/kg) in different groups of animals. Quetiapine produced a weak (20% ) but significant attenuation of reward. Cocaine enhanced reward by 20 % and the combination of cocaine with the high dose of quetiapine lead to cancellation of each drug effect. The low dose of quetiapine did not alter baseline reward but completely blocked the effect of cocaine. The magnitude of the reward attenuation induced by quetiapine is consistent with its low affinity for dopamine receptors. Its actions on dopamine and non-dopamine neurotransmission are likely to account for its effectiveness at blocking the enhancement of reward by cocaine.
So yes, quetiapine will help cancle out the effects of cocaine and given that it doesn't really inhibit the metabolism of cocaine it won't increase the side effects

I don't have my PDR on hand, but near the back, there's a couple pages about various medications, and which CYP--- Enzyme group they are substrates of (metabolized by) and also lists which ones are inducers, or inhibitors. I call em' the liver pages:\

I don't remember exactly which one, but I believe Cocaine HCL is a INHIBITOR at some CYP site...I wanna say it's a CYP-3A4 INHIBITOR....but it could've been CYP-2A. I remember for certain that it's an inhibitor and not an inducer....because I thought it would be the other way around, given that it's a stimulant...but nope it's an inhibitor.

I highly recommend everybody to invest in a PDR, you could probably score a slightly older used one dirt cheap somewhere. They should be household literature....or there should at least be one in every medicine cabinet.

EDIT; using Seroquel to come down off coke just sounds wack to me....anti-psychotics....yuck. That is all.