• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC Microsoft Flight Sim?? Should I?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So I just bought a car, that being said I got car payments so I need to probably save as much money as possible but I was wanting to get the new flight sim on computer. I have a dell g3 with a gtx 1660 ti for gaming(I play PlayStation more) it’s a laptop, and I still don’t have a mouse for gaming, I use my PlayStation controller via Bluetooth anyways I was wondering if anyone got it yet and can tell me 1. Is it going to be shit on my computer performance and gameplay wise, I could find this out for myself but y’all make shit too easy for me and are quick with the links so I figured I’d try. And 2. If you would recommend it and have bought it would you buy it for 60 or wait for a sale. I’m just over paying 60 for games now a days, especially when I can only get 1 or 2 play through. I’d like to get this game to see around the world, see different airports different lands that I can’t see on my own right now and just something chill I can smoke too

Yeah I was one of the Alpha testers and have been flying around and chilling for a few months now. I wouldn't invest in any money in hardware but it's an absolute blast if your hardware will support it. I'm afraid I don't know what a Dell g3 is as far as CPU and memory, but your graphics card will support it I'm pretty sure. The web site has the particulars for it and it runs surprisingly well on what they call minimum specs. I have a full set up, but sometimes just use a PS4 controller and it plays as smooth as butter.

I flew a 747 through Hurricane Laura in the SIM, and it was quite the light show. :LOL:

I give it a (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) rating.

Yeah I was one of the Alpha testers and have been flying around and chilling for a few months now. I wouldn't invest in any money in hardware but it's an absolute blast if your hardware will support it. I'm afraid I don't know what a Dell g3 is as far as CPU and memory, but your graphics card will support it I'm pretty sure. The web site has the particulars for it and it runs surprisingly well on what they call minimum specs. I have a full set up, but sometimes just use a PS4 controller and it plays as smooth as butter.

I flew a 747 through Hurricane Laura in the SIM, and it was quite the light show. :LOL:

I give it a (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) rating.
Damn you hahaha There goes 60 bucks and I’ve I got 16 gb of ram. So it’s pretty decent. I hope steam has a discount or something. I’d like to see my birthplace, Cali the desert fly over where my mom lives in Florida. Does it have any sort of career mode?

Yeah, it has a rudimentary career mode for the moment, I have been too busy flying different locations to explore that aspect yet. One of my "bucket list experiences" would be to fly from Rio or some other area in South America and bush fly back to the US. Losta really great places in the world to explore that were previously just glossed over in previous SIMs due to lack of data and storage on one's local computer. This SIM has all the available for instant download from the cloud and opens new vistas for exploration in detail that was previously not available even with premium (as in paid for) add on scenery that comes free with the SIM.

It is, however, a gigantic download for the bases system (87 GB), time is dependent on your internet connection. I have a gigabit connection and it took over an hour. A bottle of wine and a few bowls should tide you over ;)

If you have game pass then you can check it out for free without having to pay the 60 dollar price tag. It was a nice upgrade from Flight Sim X, but I'm waiting for it to be a little more fleshed out and have additional vehicles we can add in like the previous versions.

If you have game pass then you can check it out for free without having to pay the 60 dollar price tag. It was a nice upgrade from Flight Sim X, but I'm waiting for it to be a little more fleshed out and have additional vehicles we can add in like the previous versions.
Yeah I just now seen that and I got for a dollar. Ima test on my computer tonight and see if it runs

Yeah, it has a rudimentary career mode for the moment, I have been too busy flying different locations to explore that aspect yet. One of my "bucket list experiences" would be to fly from Rio or some other area in South America and bush fly back to the US. Losta really great places in the world to explore that were previously just glossed over in previous SIMs due to lack of data and storage on one's local computer. This SIM has all the available for instant download from the cloud and opens new vistas for exploration in detail that was previously not available even with premium (as in paid for) add on scenery that comes free with the SIM.

It is, however, a gigantic download for the bases system (87 GB), time is dependent on your internet connection. I have a gigabit connection and it took over an hour. A bottle of wine and a few bowls should tide you over ;)
Thank you so much! I appreciate the time you took outta your day to help me. Currently downloading now @ 16 gig of 91 so ima go get something to eat. I hope everyone is having a blessed day! Don’t smoke all your shit without me ;)

Yeah I just now seen that and I got for a dollar. Ima test on my computer tonight and see if it runs

Also with that 1 dollar deal for gamepass, Microsoft randomly gives people 1 year for free when signing up sometimes. I did beta for Ultimate pass when it first came out and they gave me the pass for free until Oct 2021. Idk why lol