• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron filters...

That's cool... Well that being said the sterilfilt tips are great and I'm sure the cup is useful to. I'd recommend those

Is mentioning brand names that are available and good quality advertising? It isnt really as we are not marketing reps for a company and dont sell them through here.

If anyone appears as if they are commercially flogging things thats obv not good but personal recommendations should be ok?

Micron filters are used for many purposes and not just drugs.

People wont bother with them if they arent readily available. Its hard enough getting the fresh needle message across.

Personal recommendations are good. Obviously it's a grey area determining what's 'advertising', brand pushing or shilling, and what isn't, which is probably part of the reason we banned all source discussions in the past.

But this is of major value to HR advice, especially dealing with IV questions, so really we shouldn't be too worried and should allow some discussion using common sense discretion to determine its limits.

That's cool... Well that being said the sterilfilt tips are great and I'm sure the cup is useful to. I'd recommend those

Sterifilts are are def a step up from cotton but have drawbacks like quickly breaking down after a single filtration whereas a micron filter can be rinsed with IPA and reused not to mention being able to filter out bacteria which sterifilts can't.

Yes, technically speaking it is a good idea to use 'em. I've heard of certain dispensaries (in Canada, I believe?) giving out very small micron filters which can be inserted into a syringe barrel, for people who shoot pills. I thought that sounded interesting.

If you're disadvantaged you could do what I always did and use the good ol' q-tip method of filtration. Not "ideal" but then again blasting powerful drugs through yourself isn't ideal either lol, as you alluded to previously.

I will say this, though: not once in the 5 years or so that I've spent interacting with the hard drug using community have I met someone (outside of this website) who used one or even knew what a "micron filter" was. Not even once.
I use them 13mm micron 0.2 from exchange supply on the net. Because we only get sterifilt here and i i.m.often,after 32y theres nowhere left xept fem and if i ever went there i would use it always and 2DVT keep me from going there. I use them microns for dope not pills and they work fine. Wish i had them years ago! Good Luck and hit me up if you need the sites exact name

Okay, is it just me, or is all this "use a micron filter" advice tantamount to no advice at all?? I just spent hours looking up where a person could actually acquire these AND the small # of other things necessary to make them effective. And almost all I could find were shipments that cost between $1-200. Even if you piece it together from different places. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but the people giving this "advice" seem to be assuming that most users will have access to a credit card, several hours of time for research, and a computer that can be connected to the internet for that long (i.e. no using McDonald's wifi to do some quick browsing on an out-of-service cell phone). So am I wrong somehow, or does the use of micron filters require 1- parents with a bank account you can mooch off of, 2- A high-paying job inaccessible to most addicts, or 3- a sugar daddy/mamma to just buy you things whenever you want??
Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as harm reduction goes it hardly seems like it's worth mentioning, considering that 99% of all addicts will have no way to actually access these things. Granted, I think it's a great idea on a highly theoretical level, or if you just happen to be lucky enough to be one of those highly privileged addicts, but most people from that demographic aren't injecting drugs in the first place and if they are, they tend to have access to cleaner products to begin with. It all sounded so good to me when I first started learning about it, but the more I look it up the more telling addicts to use a micron filter is like telling homeless people to "get a job"... it completely ignores any of the realities associated with making that possible, and it causes a lot more harm than it reduces. Maybe say, "if you're white and at least middle class, use a micron filter, otherwise just ignore because this is not for you"?? And once again, I would love to be proven wrong here.....

In the UK you can get "spoons, vitamin c/citric acid, microfilters, alcohol wipes and needles for free from any methadone clinic or addiction center. Do they not have anything like that where you live?