• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron filter Questions

PsychoPsychonaut

Bluelighter
I had a few quick question! I posted in the mega thread but got ignored/unanswered. I also UTFSE aaaaand nothing.

1.)the whatman luer lock filters. I googled them and they seem like the price of them would add up quickly with daily usage. I saw a listing for "Whatman filter papers" Can i get those and simply replace the inside of the luer lock micron filter( the filling basically), thus saving money?
Or are filter papers for something completely different?...

2.)I'm looking to IV Triazolam. What ratio of Bacteriostatic Water to drug solution is ideal? I'm looking to store 10 '0.25'mg pills. (2.5mg Triazolam) The 'Micron Filter Mega Thread' guide doesn't really give me a clue on what I'm trying here...

As you can see I'm very new to this micron filter stuff(not IV administration mind you..)Any helping hands?

no, don't get filter papers,

Get individually sealed and sterile packs of the 0.2um pore size, I'd go with PVDF if you're shooting triazolam. Are you injecting triazolam in Bacteriostatic water alone? or are you adding a little propylene glycol? or what's up?

no, don't get filter papers,

Get individually sealed and sterile packs of the 0.2um pore size, I'd go with PVDF if you're shooting triazolam. Are you injecting triazolam in Bacteriostatic water alone? or are you adding a little propylene glycol? or what's up?

I was planing on just injecting the Triazolam with just Bacteriostatic water alone.
What would adding a little propylene glycol do?

Thank you very the quick reply!

Since benzodiazepines are like barely if at all soluble in water, which is why most people don't inject benzodiazepines, and why the injectable benzodiazepines on the market like IV diazepam, lorazepam, etc, all have propylene glycol in it mixed with bacteriostatic saline/water.

How much triazolam are you intending to inject, have you checked how soluble it is in water? Not very...

Well I just got a bunch more of the 0.25 so I now plan to store 30 of them. I plan to get my tolerance down before IV'ing cause ATM it is really high.
But the reason I started this endevour to IV Triazolam is its extremely low Oral Bio-Availability. So I figured IV would be nearly 100 % (Plus I like to IV things ;) )
Like I said (and you can probably tell) I'm new to MicronFilters and the such that comes with it. So a few questions for ya.
1.) Should I buy some propylene glycol and mix that into the concoction as well?
2.) Will the significant increase in BA of IV administration outweigh the loss of BZD's being low water soluble?
3.)Would bacteriostatic saline be better than its water counterpart? Then if Q 1. is a yes There would be no water at all in the solution correct? Just 7.5mg Triazolam+bacteriostatic saline+propylene glycol.

EDIT:And yes I know Insufflation also has extreme BA. But I have my reasons for choosing the IV route.

Last edited:
be sure that you're using USP 100% food grade propylene glycol, yes it mixes with water easily and you'd only need a couple drops worth of PG, your shot will still be mostly water but around 5-10% PG should be what you attempt to create concentration wise IMO.

Bacteriostatic Saline is water, with salt added, so it's basically the same as bacteriostatic water, but it contains salt and a preservative for longer lasting storage of solutions and also for those who IV a ton, bacteriostatic saline isn't going to mess with your red blood cells as much as BS H2O.

OK I'm getting the PG. You say it should be 10 % (5% ) of the solution I'm attempting to create. What is the other 90%?
Do I just dissolve the pills in Bacteriostatic Water?

Triazolam isnt water soluble (4.53mg/L), so you'd have to dissolve them in the PG or PG-water mix. and yes, nasal is 98% absorbtion, so IVing them is poking yourself for no good reason at all.

The other 90% is water.

Triazolam isnt water soluble (4.53mg/L), so you'd have to dissolve them in the PG or PG-water mix. and yes, nasal is 98% absorbtion, so IVing them is poking yourself for no good reason at all.

The other 90% is water.

That wiki source for Triazolam Intranasaly being 98% is just a one time trial where they administered it to dogs. Which I imagine have a much longer route from their tip of noses to lungs=a hell of a lot more mucous membrains/blood vessels= a lot more BA Intranasaly then a human would

But on topic; where does the Bacteriostatic Water come into play?

5-10% PG, 90-95% bacteriostatic saline or water, honestly the need to differentiate between saline and water for most users is not very high, saline has the same consistency as blood, which is critical for people who are receiving huge volumes of intravenous fluids.

Could you not plug the triazolam (administer rectally) as a PG solution? It is certainly less irritating to your veins and a large margin safer.

At the doses you'd typically use there would not be enough PG left around in the rectum to effect anything; it's like your sinuses but larger surface area.

Okay final question how much Bacteriostatic Water would I need to disolve 30x0.25mg pills? I tried reading this thread below (excellent source) but I just can't seem to figure it out.
It also states I would need a 60cc syringe for just 0.25mg of Triazolam? I'm extremely confused...
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/489494-Benzodiazepines-Solubilities-in-Water

EDIT: Each of my pills weighed out to 100mg if that helps in anyway...

Last edited:
it would take a helluva lot of water to dissolve 30x0.25mg, this is why we're suggesting you use a mix of water and 5-10% propylene glycol.

Will 0.1 UM Micron Filters get Clogged Or can I Buy those For Like Dilaudids and Hydromorph Contins And Morphine Pills Etc.

it would take a helluva lot of water to dissolve 30x0.25mg, this is why we're suggesting you use a mix of water and 5-10% propylene glycol.
Okay. Say I want to dissolve 20. with 1 part PG to 9 parts BSW. How much BSW would i need?

EDIT:NVM! After doing the math, I realise now presuing his route is futile. I'm off to search for better ways to IV BZDs

Last edited:
Sorry but I read a reaport of some man mixing 50%+ propylene glycol with his no-nwater-souluable substance.(The othe being BSW I presumed)
I was curious how much/what ratio someone could IV PG without htere being major long term cause. This fellow seemed like this was his norm. So if any1 knows any info on the Toxicity of PG and IV please let me know. This would greatly help my endevour.

Last edited: