• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines microdosing shrooms while on antidepressants?

TheBigAristotle

Greenlighter
Hi all. I found scatterings of research on the internet, mostly anecdotal varieties of what it's like to combine shrooms with antidepressants. I'm on WellButrin XL and Rexulti 2 mg as well as 70 mg of Vyvanse for ADD. Would microdosing shrooms be OK on these medicines? Or not so much?

Thanks!

Maybe have a look here:

Maybe have a look here:
thanks a lot @mr peabody . those links are very helpful , especially that psychedelics interaction chart. interesting enough WellButrin XL is said to not interact that much. It's my Rexulti that is the problem. I wonder if I should taper off it over the next X amount of months. I've got some mushrooms coming in in the next 2-3 weeks, might not be enough time. I'll try them anyway though. Willing to try almost anything for depression and productivity.

Wellbutrin, being mostly a prodrug to norepinephrine reuptake inhibiting agents, is an exception among the antidepressants which doesn't touch serotonin. Vyvanse is prodrug to dextroamphetamine, do your own research whether you wanna combine here, I don't see a specific (pharmacological) danger if you feel well while taking these drugs daily.

But brexipiprazole - they market antipsychs now openly and directly as antidepressants (not just 'augmentation' that is), really, I've just googled it. Must have good faith in their lawyers. - is a very potent antagonist at the target of shrooms, 5ht2a. So you'd need to stop this one some days before taking them to get a real effect, but then again here on BL recently read a link to a paper that psilocybin is effective against depression even in presence of an antagonist but that's in regular dosages, not microdosing which probably needs the receptors available for any effect beyond placebo..