• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Microdosing possibly overplayed, not as effective as macrodosing, or at all

[
my redoses are all over the place - sometimes they don't do much, or so i think anyway, and sometimes they send me to the ultraworld

but yea i do have plenty to go larger on the redose....sometimes i regret it - usually when the sun comes up and the birds start chirpin and im like man i need to go to sleep but im wide awake - basically i gotta really keep an eye on myself because ill think im not tripping enough somewhere in the first 4 hours, even tho i am, and there goes another dose down the hatch

but overall, i do really like when a redose kicks everything back into gear.....so really my only complaint sometimes is that it's a little too long...i do prefer to trip at night for whatever reason and that almost always sends me to the morning anyway

and then i might only sleep like 3 hours but im hardly tired the next day like i would normally be if i only slept that short of a time - which i really like - and im in a great mood - always

i swear by acid - i think it's super good for me and it's the only drug that doesn't give me a hangover, or i don't feel bad about it even in the slightest

usually with the lower doses, i'll wanna do it again much sooner, where when i go higher dose, that's not the case
Again I’m not gonna disagree with you. I truly feel LSD has helped me develop personally, especially socially, no social anxiety, pressure or awkwardness at all.

Purely natural and relaxed in myself, and I’ve not lost any personality or presence.

But there is too much of a good thing sometimes. Everything in balance, or else inbalance. Lol, just that space makes a huge difference. Except they decided to call it imbalance.

I prefer inbalance. More than unbalanced.

One great time to drop acid, 3.30 am summer time.

Sun rising, mist, birdsong, traffic, people, life, and just the consciousness and emotional body clock, you really end up having a proper mental all day trip that is so deep and visually amazing.

Can be a challenge to be rising in intensity as the bustling world picks up more bustle.

You don’t miss anything about the acid that way.

Most times, I’m always spur of the moment, it’s evening between 7 & 9.30 pm, or just before midnight though.

[
Again I’m not gonna disagree with you. I truly feel LSD has helped me develop personally, especially socially, no social anxiety, pressure or awkwardness at all.

Purely natural and relaxed in myself, and I’ve not lost any personality or presence.

But there is too much of a good thing sometimes. Everything in balance, or else inbalance. Lol, just that space makes a huge difference. Except they decided to call it imbalance.

I prefer inbalance. More than unbalanced.

One great time to drop acid, 3.30 am summer time.

Sun rising, mist, birdsong, traffic, people, life, and just the consciousness and emotional body clock, you really end up having a proper mental all day trip that is so deep and visually amazing.

Can be a challenge to be rising in intensity as the bustling world picks up more bustle.

You don’t miss anything about the acid that way.

Most times, I’m always spur of the moment, it’s evening between 7 & 9.30 pm, or just before midnight though.

hell yea you're right - i do need to do that someday...sun rises at like 430 here in the summa too :cool:

hell yea you're right - i do need to do that someday...sun rises at like 430 here in the summa too :cool:
Brace yourself though. I only dose then if I’m confident about no jitteryness.

My mum gets up 5 am every day and is the chief cause of my anxiety.

But when I’m utterly blasted on high doses of acid, and physically comfortable, it’s like nothing can bother me.

Timing is everything when tripping and dosing.

Afternoon dosing can be good too. But the tail end is less rewarding as the day ends, night drags on, and there’s no life distraction and routine and can feel a bit empty, purposeless as the trip fades.

I did have a wicked trip all day last time I took 500 ug at 3.30 am.

Loads of edibles and lots vapor, the usual tonne of kava, I was absolutely, magically, visually, mentally, fully gone on acid. Wavy, melting, non ordinarily structured 3D surroundings to find endless new viewing angles in and mystical spaces of thought and contemplation to enter.

I sat in the sunny garden for some hours that day with my mum pottering around.

I never told her I was on one of the best full on and purely good but still taxing, trips of my life.

I wondered if it was apparent.

I asked her the next day, if it was obvious I was totally wasted on acid extreme all day.

She never had a clue. That’s holding it down, being natural.

LSD doesn’t change me, not like MDMA. MDMA could make me a dumbass, a bit “biological” at times, and impulsive and less aware. I’m much better company on acid.

But I used to go to work on huge doses of MDMA and cannabis, really tripping, I would need a magnifying glass in Tesco’s to read the home shopping screen on my trolley and product labels on like, 700 mg’s MDA 6.30 am start til 5 pm on the busiest Saturday of the year.

Another time I took 54 strong also MDA Buddha pills in 11 consecutive days, working my final ever 7 days at Tesco’s.

It was like walking around on a different floor level to everybody else, as if I became invisible. Nobody clocked.

Taking acid before a Dustbin round one day didn’t go so well. I phoned up the next morning, and quit. I said to the powerful woman like scary boss Karen, bravely and with no reservation…”Karen I’m really sorry I can never do the bins again. I’m 6 foot 2 and the bins are made for midgets, it puts my back out.”

She said, “alright then Alex I’ll tell Justin Shepherd who’s 6 foot 7”, and hung up on me.

She did tell him. And he quit. He decided yeah, he’s right. That’s why I’ve got this bad back.

So she got 0 for. The price of 2 in the end.

A few years later after university, I worked there again no problem and was the fittest, fastest worker in the company.

Moral of the story- Tesco’s on ecstasy/MDA is okay (but not fun).

Working as a dustman on LSD, not fun at all.

Are you not seeking abstinence in those who want to try heroin? You arent saying only start small. You are essentially saying dont start using heroin because you have seen what it can do. That IS abstinence. The last option is decent advice but it isnt based on promotion. If we could educate people on the consequences of heroin use, the end goal would be to not get them to use it, or get them off it. That is abstinence, isnt it?

Yes, abstinence is the best way to prevent harm from drugs. But we are not going to ever attain that and rarely do people listen to advice to remain abstinent. That's why HR is a moving target. I did indeed say I first suggest abstinence. But if that doesn't work, I don't just continue to push abstinence, I move on and try to reduce harm as much as I can given a new set of circumstances. I just feel strongly about the abstinence-focused method of harm reduction. "Just say no" did a lot more harm than good, IMO. The way we taught about drugs as a society when I was kid led to me first viewing drug users as almost like sub-human criminals, crazy people who can't be trusted, to then seeing everything I was ever told as being a lie when I found out that weed was awesome once I tried it, and then I proceeded to try everything with no reservations and it led to great suffering and near destruction of my life. A can't help but think a more realistic and holistic drug education would result in a higher degree of critical thought when people decide what they want to try and what they think is not worth the danger.

I think microdosing was overhyped in the same way CBD was
You know I have been waiting for a post to post my gripes. lol :D And this I can say, my fellow BL'ers that know how to use CBD and microdose (becacuse they already have macrodosed) are the opinions I trust. But I have had a grudge against CBD and microdosing due to people that never macrodosed think they are cool for mircrodosing.

With microdosing I can get with if people know the drugs. I have come across some younger guys who's brains wold spill out their ears if they macrodosed yet think they are "in the know" by microdosing. That sort of irritates me. To me a macrodose will always be better for some people. It created an almost yuppie type response. A too cool for school attitude in some people and to me these drugs are meant to be macrodosed. Now I know some BL'ers I respect believe in it but these people know their drugs already and have room to talk about micodosing. So it is not the actual act of mirodosing that irritates me it is who is doing it that irritates me. The whole legal attitude.

CBD: totally sick of the same type of MDs or yuppie type of people that want to separate the medicinal properties from "the high" to get the medicine out of cannabis and not just some stoners tool. Nonsense. To me the part of the healing is the high, the insights, the mind effects of cannabis. Not just a physical component. To me CBD sort of implies the high in cannabis is bad bad bad. I mean we are starting to see that as psychedelics trying to separate the trip from the healing part. I saw an article that was impying that you can get the healing part without actually having to take the psilocybin. All of this reaks of mistaking the Easter Bunny for Easter and Santa for Christmas instead of the true behind the scenes deeper meaning. It is diluting the facts.

So I think it is the hypocritical part of is the thing that irritates me. How did we get so puritanical that euphoria is a bad thing? Or insight is a bad thing? A trip without the trip. A high without a high. To these people I say take a hike!

That is all.

Last edited:
Placebo and marketing hype is one hell of a drug.......

I actually recognize the benefits of CBD however it takes at least 500mg for me to notice them.

I think so much of the CBD and microdosing hype is from naive people or those wishing to make a $$ buck off naive peopl;e.

Cbd definately helps muscle spasms but you have to push the dose to the 100-500mg range. 10mg dont do shit. Gets expensive.

Dont take 500 all at once try 100 every hour or two.

Last edited:
Isnt that what you need tho? More stimulation for a busy day?

For me its no good, even at 10ug i feel tripped out and pushy.

But around 0,1g of cubensis helps alot with focus and balancing my mood.

But ymmv and alot of people love micro doses of lsd.

Id rather just trip balls a few times per year and deal with my daily stuff in other ways.

It didnt work for me - i prefer one real trip a week to 3 microdoses.

Daily I like a pinch of testosterone and hcg with cbd and ashwagandha - helps you work, rest and play.

the aim of drug harm reduction is to not take drugs. What confuses people about drug harm reduction is;
Why would they be conveying to me the message its okay to take drugs and giving me advice on my taking drugs...

...The end goal though? Dont take drugs.

I have volunteered with several harm reduction organizations and that was not the message. NOT at all. On the contrary, the people who created these associations are usually drug users. These associations are usually against drug prohibition.

You know I have been waiting for a post to post my gripes. lol :D And this I can say, my fellow BL'ers that know how to use CBD and microdose (becacuse they already have macrodosed) are the opinions I trust. But I have had a grudge against CBD and microdosing due to people that never macrodosed think they are cool for mircrodosing.

CBD: totally sick of the same type of MDs or yuppie type of people that want to separate the medicinal properties from "the high" to get the medicine out of cannabis and not just some stoners tool. Nonsense. To me the part of the healing is the high, the insights, the mind effects of cannabis. Not just a physical component. To me CBD sort of implies the high in cannabis is bad bad bad. I mean we are starting to see that as psychedelics trying to separate the trip from the healing part. I saw an article that was impying that you can get the healing part without actually having to take the psilocybin. All of this reaks of mistaking the Easter Bunny for Easter and Santa for Christmas instead of the true behind the scenes deeper meaning. It is diluting the facts.

So I think it is the hypocritical part of is the thing that irritates me. How did we get so puritanical that euphoria is a bad thing? Or insight is a bad thing? A trip without the trip. A high without a high. To these people I say take a hike!

That is all.

I think so much of the CBD and microdosing hype is from naive people or those wishing to make a $$ buck off naive peopl;e.

That's your opinion, but not everyone has to be high to benefit from cannabis. We must not forget that in the plant, there are many other molecules than THC: CBD, CBN, CBG, terpenes...

So someone who consumes CBD flowers can benefit from its therapeutic effects without being high. This is a fact. Personally, I don't use THC anymore because it makes me anxious, paranoid, and lazy. However, CBD flowers help me fight migraines and nausea almost as effectively as traditional weed, without the side effects, which is a real benefit to me.

For microdosing, it must also be said that not everyone is cut out for high doses of psychedelics...some people will end up with HPPD or PTSD, whereas with a mini/micro dose, they can explore their consciousness smoothly, without similar risk for their mental health. And eventually increase if necessary. And here again, there are people (study page 3 on this thread) who benefited from 20 micrograms of LSD to relieve pain as effectively as an opioid. I don't see the point of condemning this approach?

Last edited:
Never liked caffeine - just find it shite.

tenor.gif

i love my moka pot

I have volunteered with several harm reduction organizations and that was not the message. NOT at all. On the contrary, the people who created these associations are usually drug users. These associations are usually against drug prohibition.
If you follow the conversation you will see I point out fairly clearly the difference between the fraudulent drug war and its failed policies, and the need for evidence based drug policy. One which DOES NOT, and I REPEAT, DOES NOT, seek to criminalize people who take drugs. I have said this several times now in posts I spent a significant amount of effort on writing.

You are speaking from a black and white perspective. One that only supports either being a good or bad person based on what side you are on, and not how valid your point is and whether it actually could be beneficial. If I seek to challenge the idea that there should be structure and that drugs are not safe nor harmless and they will, can and have harmed people since forever, then I am for prohibition? You are implying that if someone supports proper regulation it means punishment and criminalization. It does not. If I dont want needles in my community that kids could pick up and play with, just because I want there to be a lawful structure in place to protect others does not mean I want prohibition.

This super defensive "Dont take away our drugs! And if you support any sort of positive change then you are a threat to us" mentality is flawed and detrimental. The current drug policy needs to change but in its place wont be a policy that lets you do whatever you want. And if you think that, well, thats a very naive belief based on a world that doesnt exist nor ever will.

We shouldnt be demonizing people or drugs. We should be controlling them in the best possible ways, both people and drugs though. We need control. Our society is built upon hiearchies of control that for the most part, at least away from corrupting influences, works pretty well. I think some people have a really unrealistic and uninformed opinion about drugs that veers towards just blanket attacking anything or anyone that doesnt justify the destructions drugs can and will do. They seemingly want to live in a world where drugs are out of control and causing immeasurable harms to society but, hey, at least drugs are available. At least we can get high. Because thats the most important thing, right?

Obviously not. Society would crumble if we simply opened the taps and let go of seeking to hold up society. We wouldnt be a very caring and responsible society. There has to be a line drawn in the sand and I say that and I allow for A LOT of sh*t personally. I think I am extremely open minded and accepting but there is living in a romantic world where just letting people do what they want and we live happily ever after, and the reality. People will do harm to themselves and others. We will still have bucket loads of problems to deal with, lots of them. The crime, the economic damage, the social issues, mental, emotional, psychological etc. For all the freedom you give people, the fact is many will utilize that freedom to do the same things they did when those freedoms werent there. The question then becomes; what are the consequences? Its not rainbows and unicorns. You are dealing with the raw power and potential of drug use/abuse and its capability to either transform peoples lives or derail them completely.

You arent for prohibition if you see these REAL issues and want to find beneficial ways of tackling them WITHOUT, EMPHASIS AGAIN ON WITHOUT, criminalizing people and drugs.

I have studied psychotherapy (not actively a therapist, or anywhere near sufficiently qualified) and parts of addiction studies too. For all the positive reaffirming and nurturing environments established to accomodate peoples needs and their issues, there are also just as many boundaries, expectations and firm, sincere and well intentioned structures in place to ensure the client knows who owns responsibility for their core issues. For people perhaps not adequately trained in these lines of work, there can be a tendency sometimes to misinterpret and sometimes confuse the role of the authority figure in the relationship. And to assume it means to take on the baggage of others and be a scapegoat, a pin cushion, whipping post etc. To make excuses, be led down to the garden path, to not hold firm and address the issues and challenge them etc. No system we have in place, for and against the current drug policy supports such characteristics. People get help with their drug use/abuse but they are not considered exempt from their duty to recognize their issues and prevent them from affecting others. This is a form of shared responsibility in society. You talk about having volunteered for harm reduction organizations but you are not exposed to the dark realities of the underbelly of drug use/abuse, not as a volunteer. You can be a volunteer at a psych ward, doesnt infer you are treating the patients and know what is going on. You could be a volunteer at a football stadium but you arent playing with the professional A team. A volunteer is a pretty low level position, unless you volunteer as a trained/qualified professional. Its a little bit more complicated than the idealistic and restricted view into a vast world. A world that would scare the sh*t out of you if you were to step into the shoes of someone who is on the front line on a daily basis with some of the worst examples of abuse and addiction.

At the end of the day, your drug use/abuse is your responsibility. For all the support you can get, including better drug policies, there will never be a time when that responsibility doesnt belong to you. If you cant assume that responsibility then society will do instead. Again, that doesnt make me a prohibitionist.

Last edited: