• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Microdosing LSD for pain relief

I tried it, didn’t work and only exacerbated my pain. I love psychedelics for a wide variety of things but not this..

-GC

I tried it, didn’t work and only exacerbated my pain. I love psychedelics for a wide variety of things but not this..

-GC
Pain can cause depression which numbs the pain, you take something which alleviates the depression and you feel the pain.
That's my take on that.

Pain can cause depression which numbs the pain, you take something which alleviates the depression and you feel the pain.
That's my take on that.

In my experience (personal and professional) depression exacerbates pain and doesn't numb it (unfortunately)

I find 20ug lsd still annoyingly just pereptable but have had interestingly effective responses from approx 10ug microdosing schedules (didn't notice any pain relief though)

Headline is fucked. It is an interesting study for sure but nahhh it’ll never and couldn’t ever replace morphine.

just read the article - of course 20ug is going to change the way the brain perceives things cos it's a (just) perceivable dose of lsd, doh!

agree that the morphine replacement thing is a nonsense, but it's definitely true that learning to have a different relationship to pain can be hugely beneficial and can lead to pain relief...and also true that stuff like psychedelics and meditation can help to facilitate that new relationshp

just read the article - of course 20ug is going to change the way the brain perceives things cos it's a (just) perceivable dose of lsd, doh!

agree that the morphine replacement thing is a nonsense, but it's definitely true that learning to have a different relationship to pain can be hugely beneficial and can lead to pain relief...and also true that stuff like psychedelics and meditation can help to facilitate that new relationshp
As a chronic pain patient, I have been through all the courses and I can tell you for some it works, the whole accepting the pain and what have you but for me it does not and wouldn’t ever. I will always needs opioids for pain relief and thats just that.

I don’t know if you’ve ever dislocated your hip but I do that at least 3 time’s a day.....

As a chronic pain patient, I have been through all the courses and I can tell you for some it works, the whole accepting the pain and what have you but for me it does not and wouldn’t ever. I will always needs opioids for pain relief and thats just that.

I don’t know if you’ve ever dislocated your hip but I do that at least 3 time’s a day.....

I'm not assuming I'm aware of how your pain effects you, but am interested in why you have taken my post personally

Your speak with great authority about the future - other methods will not work "ever" and you will "always" need opiates etc - got next weeks lottery numbers too?

I realise your statements are based on extreme circumstance, a highly-educated guess if you like :) However, the invitation is to keep the possibility of change/healing open and not help to close it further with self-debilitating self-talk and rigid ideas about what we 'know' will be the situation in future. Anything can, does, and will happen!

I'm a chronic pain patient too if that's important, I also take opiates for relief sometimes

Pain's a fucking bitch eh...an interesting one though

I'm not assuming I'm aware of how your pain effects you, but am interested in why you have taken my post personally

Your speak with great authority about the future - other methods will not work "ever" and you will "always" need opiates etc - got next weeks lottery numbers too?

I realise your statements are based on extreme circumstance, a highly-educated guess if you like :) However, the invitation is to keep the possibility of change/healing open and not help to close it further with self-debilitating self-talk and rigid ideas about what we 'know' will be the situation in future. Anything can, does, and will happen!

I'm a chronic pain patient too if that's important, I also take opiates for relief sometimes

Pain's a fucking bitch eh...an interesting one though
I didn’t take your post personally, I was just commenting that yes what you talk of may work for some but it won’t for others and I am one of those others.

Unless gene therapy becomes a thing in my lifetime and cures my faulty collagen I will always need my prescribed pain medication.