• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Microdosing DXM every few hours and regurlarly using PST, Serotonin syndrome?

noone1

Bluelighter
I've talked about this before seems like if I use a DXM in teaspoon amounts all day it triggers some sort of response in me. I'm not talking about getting high DXM doses this is at last 4+ hours apart with nothing else in the cough medicine. Each time this happened I've been using opiates, sometimes with caffeine, sometimes not abusing pst for days. I have to take a lot of benzos to calm down. It is similar to a panic attack but even when the benzos hit I have physiological responses, shaking severely difficult to explain but if I did not have benzos available I believe that I would have a seizure or some sort of debilitating condition.

The response last time was if benzos calm me down it must be a panic attack but I don't buy it. Even the worst panic attack I've had doesn't feel like this, it feels like something physical happening. Could you get serotonin syndrome with only using opiates and potentiates?

Maybe you're a poor metabolizer and DXM accumulates, leading to nasty side effects

Do you get high off of codeine?

^that is a difficult question to answer the few times a doctor has prescribed me codeine I was addicted to pst and did not try to get high off it but I felt something.

The really strange part about this is if I combine PST and caffeine sometimes I will get a panic attack but I can tell it is only a panic attack an can ride it out.

I used to get high off DXM constantly so I do not think I am a poor metabolizer I would have to take a whole bottle to get typical effects. However ever since I have aged i have been unable to "trip" off DXM like I once did the few times I tried I get the weird shaky feeling. I do not know if it is possible to become a poor metabolizer as one becomes older unless there is something wrong with my liver now?

Maybe the thebaine interacts with the caffein/dxm as all three substances have stimulating properties

^Possibly I guess like last time it will be a mystery forever unless I end up in the E.R. and get checked out or something. It is clearly not in my head since this time I did it without even realizing. DXM is the factor every time. This seems to happen to nobody else.

You are taking too much DXM. A teaspoon of DXM-containing syrup is certainly not a microdose, and by taking it several times a day, you are allowing levels of both DXM and DXO to build up to excessive levels in your system.

Take no more than 30mg over the course of a day to properly use it in an attempt to prevent tolerance from growing to opioids.

Are you sure its not caffeine i get shakey hands after too much caffeine

You are taking too much DXM. A teaspoon of DXM-containing syrup is certainly not a microdose, and by taking it several times a day, you are allowing levels of both DXM and DXO to build up to excessive levels in your system.

Take no more than 30mg over the course of a day to properly use it in an attempt to prevent tolerance from growing to opioids.

That sort of makes sense, I'm just used to taking whole bottles at a time to get high so don't see a small teaspoon three or four times a day as too much but you could be right I have stopped and limited myself to no more than one teaspoon.

How many milligrams is one teaspoon ? And do you take the DXM to help reduce opioid tolerance ?

How many milligrams is one teaspoon ? And do you take the DXM to help reduce opioid tolerance ?

10 ml which has 20mg of DXM in it I actually use the dosing cup and don't go over the line (too often) so this is accurate. Indeed I am using this to reduce opiate tolerance along with magnesium, grapefruit juice and stopping every few days.

It works but it has a price. Eventually if I over do it too many days I am still getting incredibly high but feel no euphoria. Pin-point pupils, depressed breathing, sedation and hiccups but no euphoria. After I fall asleep I will wake up high. Weird shit.

But manageable the anxiety feeling from the DXM making me feel like I am going to stroke out dead worries me a lot. It is like panic attack +1