Writing-up Microdosing Classical Psychedelics & Cognition

@MHarris_UCF_Psych

What dose range is considered a microdose for the study?
Thank you for the question! The exact criteria for dosage requirements won't be available until a report is written after the study. This is to avoid steering participants from their normal regimens in any way, as we are fairly limited in what is allowed in this study. What I can say currently, is that a dosage range frequently discussed within the microdosing community and on these forums will allow you to be eligible. The criteria we've established is also of a similar nature to other microdosing research.

up to 25 micrograms of lsd when I read it.
but you have to have dosed recently and be on the peak effect (60+ minutes of more after ingesting) otherwise you are not in the sample, also must be less than 60 yr old I guess.

I suppose it ties in with performance testing in the productivity and employment sectors of interest.

Something a bit different regarding the age issue actually! The control version of the study, with people who are not microdosing, is comprised of a student population at the university. In order to make the two groups comparable, the committee advised restricting ages across both groups to be between 21-45. We certainly appreciate your efforts for trying though, and in the future would like to design experiments that everyone can participate in. There's still so much research waiting to be done.

Looking forward to reading this study! Sounds really interesting.
Hopefully a decent sample can be attained! There are still another 10-14 days left where we aim to collect data in, but percentages of successful completions have been low so far. Lots of interest to view the study, just limited completions. We certainly understand the apprehension by some given the nature of what is being studied, as well as the limited time window to perform the task in to capture what the effects may be doing. The timeframe to collect data may have been underestimated so we shall see what the next ten days brings and then plan accordingly from there.

Hopefully a decent sample can be attained! There are still another 10-14 days left where we aim to collect data in, but percentages of successful completions have been low so far. Lots of interest to view the study, just limited completions. We certainly understand the apprehension by some given the nature of what is being studied, as well as the limited time window to perform the task in to capture what the effects may be doing. The timeframe to collect data may have been underestimated so we shall see what the next ten days brings and then plan accordingly from there.
It’s a learning curve in regards to how the data is collected. I have designed surveys myself and it’s not easy, I can’t imagine it would be that for you especially given the subject in question.

I really do hope you get a few more taking part. Best of luck!

For anyone reading the post, we have been able to gather a limited number of successful completions for the experiment. Thank you so much to those participants that completed it!

The statistical power for any analysis right now would still be quite low however, so if you happen to be microdosing this weekend, please consider spending a half-hour and contributing through the whole experiment! The window to collect data will only be open for a few more days before we'd need to begin analysis. Please note you would want to take the experiment 2 - 4 hours after administering a microdose. We do intend on sharing the final report back here on the forum so everyone can read it, pending we receive enough participants to conduct the analysis.

This project, if nothing else, can become a great proof of concept that participant recruitment for cognitive research can be made more accessible than how traditional lab-based studies are conducted. It means that the microdosing community can be more integrated in the research process, and we can begin to conduct behavioral research more easily with remote-based participation. This differs from the common survey-style research that has become synonymous with microdosing research, and which is more subjective than performance data.

Thank you again to those that are able to participate!