• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methylphenidate

I totally understand what you are saying man. I think a lot of kids with ADHD (who aren't just misdiagnosed like so commonly happens now) just learn differently. Like this lady I met who I guess had bad ahdh explained to me that she just can't learn or function well in a typical classroom, she needed to be more hands on with learning and doing stuff. I hate that schools have this one specific way of running a class and how kids should learn, and if they don't fit into that, we medicate them. Kids are so over-medicated now. The very first time I tried ritalin, my first thought was "Holy shit, I can't believe they give this shit to 6 year olds." Like, it's fucked, we're getting kids high on stimulants (whichever way it effects them, its still a mind altering substance) in order to deal with them and wedge them into what we deem 'normal'. It's crazy to me. Like methamphetamine makes a lot of ppl more focused and motivated too, and a lot of people use it for that reason. I know a lady who is a big meth head and she is badly ADD, so she uses meth so that she can focus and stay on track, etc. But obviously nobody in their right mind would recommend someone with ADHD try meth to deal with it, but its not that different using other types of amphetamines and methylphenidate (which is so similar to cocaine). I was blown away when I started researching the similarities between methylphenidate and cocaine. Sooo many people I know who have ADHD and have taken meds for it say the exact same thing as you, that it makes them more introverted, quiet, stunts their creativity, etc. I can't imagine what it must do to childrens' emotions and moods. From what I've been told, even when taken at prescribed therapeutic doses, you still feel a bit of a crash later on? Do you find that?

How old are you? Have you considered trying to see how you would function without the concerta (Talk to your doctor first of course)? Or is your ADHD really severe when you don't take your meds?

I read that another problem with concerta and ritalin is that tolerance is built really quickly, even when taken in prescribed doses, so you have to keep raising the dosage to get the original therapeutic effects. I don't know how true that is but I thought it was interesting.

I realize though that for some people its so bad that they literally cannot function without meds and so they don't really have any other choice. It's such a complicated issue. I just think with kids, it has to be incredibly damaging to dope them up on stimulants. :eek:S

Sorry for ranting, this is just something that's always interested me lol.

Haha no apology needed. You hit it dead on the nose..
I'm 17, about to be 18 next month(wootwoot!)
I'm gonna address things in the order you stated them for the sake of ease:
1) Yes you do experience a crash but that only happen when you are going on it for the first time or going back in it after a very extended break. And lemme tell you, that crash is way more intense than any other crash I have ever experienced. It had me passing out mid text message at six in the afternoon...
2) I actually decided to stop taking it on June 15th (graduation day) and only recently began taking it again, I can function without it but it takes a lot of effort to get things done. I find that if I work in 20 minute intervals, taking 5 minute breaks in between, I can work much more efficiently than working with no break. But it doesn't compare to being medicated..
When coming off the pills I actually experience a very euphoric high. This is because unlike people without ADD/ADHD, methylphenidate calms me down, also ot inhibits the flow of dopamine. And when I got from taking it every day to nothing at all, the dopamine let's loose and I'm high as a kite all day.. Quite frankly, it is my favorite high lol:)
Also, when trying to come off, the problem is my mother, not the doctor :/
By the way, if you ever have any questions about ADHD feel free to ask :)

I love methyl. Its crazy powerful people look at ritalin and concerta and just think oh thats some weak shit or thats some gross shit lol just a small dose is potent enough to hit u. Its like synthetic coke! Just break up a bunch of em, snort 10mg line at a time lol it will be like an 8 ball by the time you take 3.5 grams hahahaha

I love methyl. Its crazy powerful people look at ritalin and concerta and just think oh thats some weak shit or thats some gross shit lol just a small dose is potent enough to hit u. Its like synthetic coke! Just break up a bunch of em, snort 10mg line at a time lol it will be like an 8 ball by the time you take 3.5 grams hahahaha

How the hell do you snort concerta? I have a really hard time just breaking it up...

So.... New to this site and this is the thread I found on methylphenidate so here goes.... Now I've read alot about the subject in alot of different methods in the last two hours or so and correct me if I'm wrong but methylphenidate is ritilin right? Wouldnt even be asking but i have seen on a different website someone call it concertA but i swear I looked it up and it said its the same name for ritilin right? So anyway not my problem first you need to understand i have a naturally high tolerance for adderall, vyvanse, ritilin, anything like it, ever since I started abusing them I've had a high tolerance, but the funny part is I stopped for about two to three years and even when I do it once a month now two years later, I still have a high tolerance, but anyway, the next thing you'll need to know Is at around 5 30 pm I took 7 twenty mg methylphenidate, I know to alot of you that is alot 140 mg at once for the first time in a month might be alot for some people but I want to get high really dont get high on these so lets say "feel it" more . next.... My dumbass sees someone post about how they plugged theirs and it was so much better then I did some research, because I'm not going to lie I have done it once before. And if your going to be nasty or hate I dont got time for it ? but there is tons of people saying how great it is, and I read directions and everything, ok not going to try to get too personal here but I have to say this part so someone can tell me what I did wrong! I used one of those baby syringes that they told me to use that I had to get from my sister mind you, so now you know how long it was, and they told me it had to be about four inches but if it ever hurt to stop obviously, so the whole baby syringe was in (tmi ) sorry people, and one more thing everyone was saying you needed to go to the bathroom before that and I did that too, I did six of Them up there! Because they said you dont need as much with this or anything you plug and I waited and waited and its now 3 am and I was wondering how long it took to kick in i cant find that answer anywhere., everyone said it was so much better i didn't think it would matter that I did seven earlier, so do I have to do more than I did originallylly? Was it not far enough? Too far? Help me I only have six or eight left and dont want to waste them but if the high is better I'm a junk box of coarse I want that, I was going to IV it but I decided on something safer and everyone said it was better. Help.

So.... New to this site and this is the thread I found on methylphenidate so here goes.... Now I've read alot about the subject in alot of different methods in the last two hours or so and correct me if I'm wrong but methylphenidate is ritilin right? Wouldnt even be asking but i have seen on a different website someone call it concertA but i swear I looked it up and it said its the same name for ritilin right?

The name of the chemical compound is Methylphenidate.
Ritalin is easily the most common out of the many methylphenidate-based products on the market; Concerta is an extended-release version based on a fancy capsule. Other brands include Methylin, Metadate, or Medikinet, many of which come in IR and XR versions of their own. There's even a patch formulation called "Daytrana". Oh, and there's Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin), which is Methylphenidate that only has the active "dextro"-form of the molecule in it.

thank you for the answers everyone. I'm also taking Methylphenidate and I've also been searching for some answers to this question.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for taking the time to read that and answer my question! Yeah I looked it up and I've just been getting confused because there's alot of different names brands for it but dont know why I just didn't think to just type in the pill wow blonde moments sometimes loll its the methyl one (forgive spelling cant remember) so now I know and now I completely understand what it iI. Thanks ?

*now knows what they mean by this drug is the worst comedown ever* woke up at one pm after having to take a sleeping pill at five am, and felt Like death I'm better now because I have more but in reality I'm just prolonging the experience until two or so more days but I have prescribed pills to help me with coming Down that I take normally but takes hour or two to kick in, think that's why I probably dont care, but if anyone can help with anything else please do. Ty. And btw not that anyone cares but took my dose down from seven to five today, figured I'd try a safer route first, then take a fee more if I needed them rather than take seven or eight or more!