• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Methylphenidate (Ritalin) Analogs, alternatives or RCs - ran out of my medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeveralLayers

Greenlighter
Hey Bluelight... I'm prescribed Ritalin for my ADHD and recently ran out. My script doesn't renew for another 2 weeks, so I was looking to find a analogs or alternative to Methylphenidate. Preferably one that's legal in the US. I take Methylphenidate for my ADHD and I literally need it to study and get any amount of work done. I get literally nothing done without it. I read about a few such as:

Ethylphenidate, 3,4-Dichloromethylphenidate, 4-Fluoromethylphenidate, 4-Methylmethylphenidate, Dexmethylphenidate, Isopropylphenidate, HDEP-28, HDMP-28

and wanted to get your guys' opinions. on what you think i best for my circumstances.

Thanks. :D

Dexmethylphenidate will be your best option in this case. Your serotonin and dopamine will be balanced back out as if you had the prescription for ritalin but it may not keep you as calm as the ritalin.

Dexmethylphenidate will be your best option in this case. Your serotonin and dopamine will be balanced back out as if you had the prescription for ritalin but it may not keep you as calm as the ritalin.

I read that Isopropylphenidate was good for studying and concentration. The general consensus seems to be Ethylphenidate for recreation, Isopropylphenidate for focus/productivity. The other analogs aren't as popular. I'm gonna look at Dexmethylphenidate. What do you think about it when compared to the Isopropyl?

Thanks.

Oh I just looked at this and didn't remember that Dexmethyl is Focalin. I was looking for a nonprescription analog that I can order from a RC site. In other words my ritalin script ran out and I was looking for something cheap to substitute it for. I mean I can get ritalin, but it's like $8 for 20mg, which is insane. Focalin was a little cheaper, but still out of my price range. So I saw Isopropyl was like $17 for a gram and Ethylphenidate was similarly priced, but supposedly not as good for concentration and productivity.

Yes, they are very close and will do the same thing and that is also a safe option. I found through personal experience though, that because they were trying to replace Ritalin with it, they found it would keep your cognitive abilities in tact, but you would not stay calm on it.

Last edited:
This is pretty much a 'What should I take' thread, which is against the rules, so closed for now
Please do your own research and PM me if you have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.