• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methylphenidate HCl IR Plugging

Erinkr83

Greenlighter
Regular rectal administration of methylphenidate possibility of rectum/GI damage

I plug approx. 180-190 mg of Methylphenidate HCL per day. I've been using the medication this way for about 2 years.
There hasn't been any significant side effects or possible indications of damage until about a week or 2 ago, when I started to have symptoms of not feeling like I have to poop and it smells absolutely putrid. I have not been able to feel any signs of damage or swelling. I will admit to slacking off when it comes to eating healthy/regularly.
I know that methylphenidate and my slight disregard for healthy eating both have the potential to cause some GI issues, but I have not been able to find any information about possible health problems directly related to rectally administering of methylphenidate.
Does anyone have any experience or insight involving the safety of this much of rectal administration of Methylphenidate HCL? I prefer this ROA to all others.
Thanks

I can't personally relate but this fellow from 5 years ago can:

Regular rectal administration of methylphenidate and the possibility of rectum/GI damage
renderTimingPixel.png

"I plug a total of 180 mg of XR methylphenidate per week, usually spread over 2-3 doses/day for 1 or 2 days. I have recently been using ~10cc (compared to 3-4cc) or room temperature water to crudely remove the pill binders. I've been using the medication this way for about 6 months.
There hasn't been any significant side effects or possible indications of damage until about a month ago (which is also when I started using more water), when I started to have symptoms of IBS (may be genetic as my father has it) and have occasional severe stomach cramps that reach full intensity instantly and last for under a minute, completely resolving for ~5 minutes before coming back again (usually when I have a bowel movement after this, it is watery and yellow and smells absolutely putrid. Also I've become constipated 3 times recently and have had little luck when treating it with fiber laxatives, stool softeners or glycerin suppositories. I have not been able to feel any signs of damage or swelling. I will admit to slacking off when it comes to eating healthy/regularly and staying sufficiently hydrated when I'm stimulated (hydration isn't a problem normally).
I know that methylphenidate and my slight disregard for healthy eating both have the potential to cause some GI issues, but I have not been able to find any information about possible health problems directly related to rectally administering any substances, let alone methylphenidate. Does anyone have any experience or insight involving the safety of weekly rectal administration of methylphenidate? Are my symptoms indications of something serious? Are my poor diet (2 "meals"/day, lots of cheese and fats, very little fruits and vegetables) or dehydration (mostly when using MPH) likely the cause of my symptoms? I prefer this ROA to all others, but can "let it go" if need be."
Thanks in advance.