• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methylphenidate extraction, multi-brand & generic

If the pills are ground up fine you shouldnt have to let it sit to long. I usually stir it and let it sit for 10-20 minutes.

The mph dissolves in the alcohol and it doesn't gel up (in my experience anyways which was a bit) like it would with water or even 70% ISO. I'm guessing because its different molecularly so it doesn't react with the anti abuse like H2O

I have some questions about the process. I am prescribed Concerta 54mg. The pharmacy gives me the new 2018 Mylan brand. They are round. Not like the barrels of the older ones. Anyways, as far as I understand, I will separate the two colors and grind up the white part with my foot Pedi. Then put the white crumbs into ethanol solution (QUESTION #1 How much ethanol should I use per pill??) (QUESTION #2 How long should I wait for the solution to be done extracting?) and filter with a coffee filter into a Pyrex dish. (QUESTION #3 How long does it take for it to evaporate?) Should I then put the dish into the microwave and turn it on for a few seconds or just let it evaporate in the air? (How long until it is evaporated? How will I know that it's done and ready to scrape up?) (well, I guess when it doesn't look wet anymore, lol!)

[merged your thread and snipped the double post]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's oddly a recurring problem with stims abusers and their extractions: They've got a minute amount of alcohol solution, maybe with their stim dissolved within, and goddammit it's not going fast enough, throw that flammable solvent in the nearest heat source.

One thing we stims abusers are truly good for is separating microscopic beads that may contain drugs and sorting them by color. One by one. I advise you to give that a shot first, original poster #76, including the part where you polish them, one by one, with a nail file.

I don't know what any of this accomplishes; I know sometimes the same color is used for deterrent bead as for XR drug vehicle bead--because they're the same bead. I mean, they use polyethylene glycol polymers because it gels in contact with water, preventing IV while conveniently delivering a slow dribble of drug. They throw a second bead type in to give you a little instant-release kick, and to reassure you there is drug in your pill when you snort it to no noticeable effect.

In the time it would take to segregate, polish, dissolve, and dry (why dissolve if you're going to just dry? It was already dry.) you could have just let it soak in a small glass of water overnight, releasing all the drug into the water.

Please remember that methylphenidate can saturate your dopamine transporter, well within a normal user's heavy dosage. By that I mean there's a limit to how high you can get with it. It also makes users more susceptible to meth/amph addiction, which is a benefit you keep getting at high dose, even if you don't get any higher. So, be careful, don't bother taking more than 3x your daily dose.