Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Methylone (bk-MDMA)--First Time--Entactogen Evolution

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
Today I had my first tango with methylone. Here is the play-by-play:

Set/Setting: No other drugs taken today, not even caffeine. Full stomach, well-rested. Alone at home on a Monday, chillin’. Good mindset, though kind of bummed about running out of mephedrone yesterday. All that sadness will be GONE soon enough ;)

I retrieve package from mailbox and open it. Outer pkg. says “Bonsai Fertiliser: Not for Human Consumption”. I lol, then snort tiny amount to test for allergies and then put some on my tongue. Tastes kind of good! Immediate visual changes that I get from all drugs. Swallow a capsule containing about 100 mg.

No effects for about 25 minutes, then BAM! Explosive diarrhea a la MDMA. Should’ve taken a prophylactic Imodium, but frankly didn’t expect m1 to have that much effect. Lesson learned. I take one and feel much better. Also down a handful of ginger powder to calm the stomach. Relief.

Watching Jeopardy! followed by Wheel of Fortune (just felt right =D), which is where things really take off. I’m spouting off answers left and right and getting more correct than ever before. Eyes roll back and I'm hit with pleasure so strong I have to put my head back on the couch. Euphoria comes in waves. Identical to MDMA with a tad more stimulation, which I really appreciate. Muscles twitching, heart pounding. What I imagined Ecstasy would feel like before trying it. Slightly more euphoric than MDMA, if that's possible. Can’t stop rubbing my arms and moving around on the couch.

I check my pupils and find them to be majorly dilated. Can’t stop smiling at all the pleasant thoughts swimming around in my head—things I want to do with my career, all the ways I can use this drug and so on.

I retreat to my room and put on some music, which of course sounds absolutely blissful. Effects are somewhat reduced but still intense. Been about an hour since dosing, so I decide to down some caffeine in the form of hot chocolate + coffee. Yummy!

As the effects wear off, I notice some sedation...feels more like opium than a stimulant by this point. Mellow but not drowsy. Expecting a horrid comedown, but it never comes. Just some jaw clenching and mild sensitivity to noise. Would be nice if the drug lasted a bit longer, but the lack of an MDMA-like comedown is well worth the shorter duration. I also find that my daily poppy pod withdrawals (constant yawning, drowsiness, crankiness, cold sweats) that set in like clockwork around 8 p.m. are strangely non-existent for the entire evening. Bonus!

Summary: Overall, I'd say m1 is like a shorter-acting, more euphoric version of MDMA. While my memory and cognition are absolutely obliterated on E, they were sharpened on methylone. Faster, more accurate thinking and typing with a mild creative kick. It didn't seem any less intense than Ecstasy, just shorter-lasting. No problem working, thinking or carrying on a conversation.

I know it's not fair to compare one drug to another, but that's the best way I can describe it to people who haven't tried it. Methylone is a unique and special drug, but the similarities to MDMA can't be denied--pupil dilation, eye rolls, euphoria, talkativeness, tactile enhancement, the whole 9. Only differences were shorter duration and a more pleasant comedown.

While peaking, I had the thought that methylone is a logical progression in the evolution of entactogens for practical purposes (depression management, etc.) First it was MDA: long-lasting, psychedelic and highly neurotoxic. Then came MDMA: shorter duration, more predictable effects and slightly less neurotoxicity. Now methylone is on the rise--a drug that has all the properties of MDMA but is shorter acting with fewer lingering side effects on mood and cognition. May not be less neurotoxic, but it certainly feels like it. It brings to mind Shulgin's comments about these "party" drugs being developed into pharmaceuticals someday. (He actually patented methylone as an antidepressant, which I think is awesome. Too bad it never took off).

In conclusion, I give methylone a 9 out of 10 in terms of overall pleasantness. Neck-and-neck with MDMA and hydrocodone--my all-time favorite drugs--with effects that are strangely similar to both.

~~Side Note~~ In no way am I dissing MDMA, so please don't take it that way. I know there are a lot of Ecstasy fans on this site (myself included!), but I honestly feel methylone is a better fit for me personally. I get very crazy for a few days after taking E--depression, paranoia, crying, anxiety, argumentativeness...not to mention feeling completely retarded cognitively. Your mileage may/will probably vary.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_methylone
substancecode_cathinones
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

How do you think it would go with a low dose of opiates?

Great report, btw. Thanks.

Think 40-60mg would do something?

How do you think it would go with a low dose of opiates?

Think 40-60mg would do something?

very well indeed but take more like 200mg oral to get a decent kick out of it.

this is a very addictive drug if you snort it, watch out

Thanks Sentience! Glad you likey :)

40-60 mg. would probably be a good starting point to "test the waters". Opiates might go well with m1, but I find that I don't desire them at all during the methylone high.

Good tip about snorting...I'll keep it in mind.

Anyone know about the potential of m1 to "lose the magic" if taken too often? Is it always relatively effective, or does it greatly lose effects like MDMA if used too frequently (say, once a week)?

I heard that people have used it every weekend for up to a year or two before the magic is lost, with tolerance never seeming to get past double the initial dosage.

Past the first year or two of regular weekly use, it seems that the magic can start to tapper off drastically.

This is based on anecdotal reports.

Do you think its safe to order by mail?

@Sentience: Thanks for the info! That's what I've heard too. Still plan to be as conservative as possible to be sure.

As for the safety of mail ordering, I'd say it's pretty safe depending on where you live and the laws and such. Methylone's legal in the U.S., but not approved for human consumption (according to Erowid). While it "could" be treated as an analogue, it's usually sold as a bath salt or plant fertilizer--if you could prove that's what you used it for it might help in case of arrest.

In other words, until methylone becomes front page news in your country, there probably won't be any big busts. If there are, they usually go for the dealers first. Anything could happen though.

Would it be illegal if I wanted to spray it on some spiders and see how they behave? They are not technically animals.

^^ Perhaps because everyone reacts to drugs differently? 8)

Lady Codone, it's been two days now, have you still not noticed anything in the way of emotional fragility (a la post-MDMA)? I ask because this is one of the more attractive aspects of methylone that I've read about. And thanks for the report. :)

I have no idea how it had me feeling more euphoric than MDMA, as my expectations weren't very high going into it. Never had a "bad" or weak pill before, so it's not that if that's what you're getting at. I am very sensitive to drugs--and that includes everything from caffeine to opiates--so there's rarely a need for high doses.

@ikkyu: No post-MDMA mood issues, though my normal PMS craziness is as present as ever. I've actually felt more productive, focused and upbeat than normal...especially for this time of the month :\ (I've indulged 3 more times, btw).

Glad you had a good experience, but I should warn you - it is very habit forming. If you have the discipline to use it on a monthly basis, by all means stick to that. I have a decent level of self control, but still could not resist the psychological hunger for it. I've consumed (and IV'd) over 40G's since February 2010, and have just recently called it quits. I was redosing 250mg, fully aware it had no pleasurable effects anymore since I lost the magic.

I'm not saying it's insanely addictive but it does have a pull similar to coke if you really enjoy the euphoria. Just don't abuse it!

Nice report Lady codone....my two favorite drugs are MDMA and hydrocodone(not oxy like everyone else) and I LOVE methylone. If done correctly..meaning doses taken at just the rigth time this one is a keeper....9 out of 10 for sure! Have you had a go a 6-APB yet?

Interesting. I've heard from several reports that methylone, while euphoric and empathogenic, gives only a fraction of what mdma gives in strength. I really need to try this myself now...

i don't see how 100mg of methylone had you feeling more euphoric then a normal dose of MDMA

only if you took not enough mdma:\

at a low dose methylone would be more satisfying as i have snorted 25mg doses before and found it to feel like cocaine, this would not work with mdma where you need a certain amount (125mg+) to come up properly

mdma is certainly superior in terms of euphoria and emotional feelings, while methylone is more speedy and has more potential for redosing and subsequent paranoia

Yea i agree, Methylone never reached the same peak as MDMA did for me. I would say they are similar for sure but methylone lacks the magic. Also methylone seems to alternate between feeling great and short spurts of anxiety/dysphoria. MDMA never had this effect and it is always 100% positive for me.

@theotherside: Never tried 6-APB but will have to look into it :)

I can see the potential for abuse with methylone and will only order it periodically so as to have limited access. I tend to take drugs in small doses, but DAILY. Not good with something so similar to MDMA. Already noticing light-headedness on the comeup similar to what I get with frequent MDMA use...luckily I only have one dose of the gram left!!!

@eLW: Not sure of the exact times involved in the trip report, but would estimate that it all happened over the course of an hour and a half.

Recently gave some to my best friend and she really enjoyed it as well, though it wore off WAY faster for her. She was dancing and feeling good, then walked outside for a minute and was sober by the time she got back inside. I feel it for a good hour, so YMMV for sure.

MDMA never caused eye-wiggles/eye rolls for me, whereas m1 does. It's almost uncontrollable but very pleasant. Never tried crystal, but m1 is somewhat speedy...especially on the comeup. No paranoia for me though.