• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Methylone and anti depressants?

freedom_echild

Greenlighter
my knowledge of this substance is limited, was wondering if it is bad to combine the two? I know certain antidepressants and mdma aren't a wise choice due to the risk of seratonin syndrome.

a guy I know has recently stopped using mdma after being warned it shouldn't be combined with his particular antidepressant, he misses the feeling and while I know methylone only gives you a similar experience i'm sure he'd love this question answered.

thanks.

it depends on which antidepressant you are on because some dont effect serotonin.

in general it is dangerous to mix drugs that increase your serotonin.

what antidepressant are you taking?

I thought that, generally speaking, most antidepressants do have some effect on serotonin. What other kinds of antidepressants are there? I know that noradrenaline plays a role in some of them but I wasn't aware of any that had an effect on just noradrenaline.

I'm not doubting you I'm just trying to learn something here :)

I thought that, generally speaking, most antidepressants do have some effect on serotonin. What other kinds of antidepressants are there? I know that noradrenaline plays a role in some of them but I wasn't aware of any that had an effect on just noradrenaline.

I'm not doubting you I'm just trying to learn something here :)
you are right, almost all antidepressants act as serotonin reuptake inhibitors, but there are also a few which aren't. there are also selective noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors like reboxetine and viloxazine, and there are also noradrenaline-dopamine reuptake inhibitors, of which at least bupropion is marketed as antidepressant. I think there are even some atypical tricyclic ADs which affect noradrenaline and dopamine much more than serotonin.