Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Methylallyltryptamine freebase

Working_Class

Bluelighter
This thread is some accounts (as of now onging and escalating dose on days far removed from one another) of various doses of a base triptamine referred to coequally as MALT.

10 mg vaporized
Produces a pleasant euphoria and temporary disjuncture of senses. Color enhancement is intense even at this low dose, and thoughts seem to go inward as the ability to perform simple calculations on paper dissolves for about 20 mins. If one point is focused on in the visual field, everything around takes on a tidal breath to it, rhythmically heaving to and fro. The type of color augmentation is as if the exposure on a picture had been cranked up and everything is saturated deeper with whatever color it typically is, as though everything is luminescent and almost neon, with patterns becoming a more prominently apparent feature in anything that is observed, and a slight vibrational distortion emanating especially from anything that is in direct sunlight or any digital screen that emits light. Music is extremely pleasant, and the release from the desire to rely on stimulants to help with focus is gone. Also, a sensation of cold comes over my fingers and toes and moves inward, putting me on the edge of shivering without actually doing so.

The overall experience being about 20 - 40 mins with a sharp drop off at the 15th minute, slowly fading into baseline. Pleasant, easy to manage and interesting.

Last edited:
I did another round with 30 mg while very drunk. It started out, not so drunk (3rd beer, 1.5 mg etiz), then I suppose disinhibition got me all wiley and I wanted to do some sort of stim, which I don't have any of except dexadrine, and that's for school, not bucking lines or recreation. So out came the 30 mg Methylallyltryptamine while playing some games with friends online, since game night has become a virtual thing these days.

Started out; one nice big hoot while under the influence of my other drugs produced an "evening out" effect. Sobered me up a little, while inducing psychedelic headspace. Same 30 mg scale measured dose was in the pipe the whole time, but I took it sort of slow, it took 3 pulls to get it all. Anyways, the stimulation was pretty intense, I sent a long, embarrassing drunk PM to a mod, and hammered away at more beers and did chemistry homework until 2 am, did 1.5 more mg etiz, and drank 6 more beers, which in retrospect, was not a smart thing to be doing. I was sure aware of the whole risk factor, but having been so stimulated (and it was stimulating), the additional CNS depressants didn't seem to elicit their true depressive effect on me. On I went, hallucinating, doing chemistry homework, enjoying the heavy stimulant buzz trip I was on.

The full hallucinogenic nature of the drug was largely suppressed by the depressant mixture, but the stimulation was intense. I woke up pretty hungover, but fucking buzzing with a very positive, silly, non stop afterglow stuck inside the house. The afterglow in this case was the most notable part, it was like a whole day residual stimulation, positive sensation, and continual cognitive euphoria. I also skipped my medication that day, as I was so dried out when my alarm went off, it felt like the right thing to do and said "fuck it" and rolled over after drinking a liter of water to sleep in until 11 am. Also a notable occurrence, is that I remember pretty well the whole experience, which is abnormal for the amount of liquor and etiz I downed. I did not follow the mantra that night, I just carried on like a hedonistic fool. Shame ensues... Anyway, on to the next experiment. My heart still beats...

I did another round with 30 mg while very drunk. It started out, not so drunk (3rd beer, 1.5 mg etiz), then I suppose disinhibition got me all wiley and I wanted to do some sort of stim, which I don't have any of except dexadrine, and that's for school, not bucking lines or recreation. So out came the 30 mg Methylallyltryptamine while playing some games with friends online, since game night has become a virtual thing these days.

Started out; one nice big hoot while under the influence of my other drugs produced an "evening out" effect. Sobered me up a little, while inducing psychedelic headspace. Same 30 mg scale measured dose was in the pipe the whole time, but I took it sort of slow, it took 3 pulls to get it all. Anyways, the stimulation was pretty intense, I sent a long, embarrassing drunk PM to a mod, and hammered away at more beers and did chemistry homework until 2 am, did 1.5 more mg etiz, and drank 6 more beers, which in retrospect, was not a smart thing to be doing. I was sure aware of the whole risk factor, but having been so stimulated (and it was stimulating), the additional CNS depressants didn't seem to elicit their true depressive effect on me. On I went, hallucinating, doing chemistry homework, enjoying the heavy stimulant buzz trip I was on.

The full hallucinogenic nature of the drug was largely suppressed by the depressant mixture, but the stimulation was intense. I woke up pretty hungover, but fucking buzzing with a very positive, silly, non stop afterglow stuck inside the house. The afterglow in this case was the most notable part, it was like a whole day residual stimulation, positive sensation, and continual cognitive euphoria. I also skipped my medication that day, as I was so dried out when my alarm went off, it felt like the right thing to do and said "fuck it" and rolled over after drinking a liter of water to sleep in until 11 am. Also a notable occurrence, is that I remember pretty well the whole experience, which is abnormal for the amount of liquor and etiz I downed. I did not follow the mantra that night, I just carried on like a hedonistic fool. Shame ensues... Anyway, on to the next experiment. My heart still beats...
Lollillolilol, I actually laughed at this having a nice time reading the story of a night! :) Makes me want to try tryptys, which are the only drug class I haven't experienced with as of yet, aside for LSD25.
Very nice trip report; Cheers!

They're a worthwhile experience for sure! Cheap thrills, something different, stimulating and satisfying. Some have a bit of a dirty feeling to the tail end, like DPT and 4-ACO-DPT, and even a little bit of grungy sensation with 4-ACO-MET and the hydroxyl counterpart, and even a few of the others, but still very worth it. I'd have to say the dirty sensation might *to me* feel like a slight chest tightness, and residual stimulation. Not sure where that comes from, but it's something I only find with the acetyloxy and hydroxyl counterparts, the bases don't seem to hang around and feel that way, but they cause some pretty intense HPPD if you use them a little too "on the regular", I've found. Smoking bases is by far the heaviest hitting visual experience, very euphoric and blissful.

Have never gone beyond 30 mg Methylallyltryptamine or Dipropyltryptamine, but man it's a pretty intense experience even with some spacing out of 10 mg hoots. 4-ACO-DPT needs doses a little higher to get a decent effect, but they all have a certain character to them. Not unlike the different phenethylamines, amphetamines and opiates. They all have a special place in my heart. Even the dirty ones <3

Indeed, the tryptamines are certainly a unique and special class of drugs, unique among psychedelics and the drug pantheon in general.