View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that combining DXM and MDMA could potentially lead to Serotonin Syndrome, I think combining MXE and 6-APB could potentially be just as dangerous. It's likely that MXE affects serotonin like DXM and Ketamine do, and it's fairly obvious that 6-APB does.

Please avoid this mix - just because you felt fine when attempting it does not make it safe.

But ketamine + mdma is a standard and safe combo, so I'm not sure your logic is sound. But MXE is unresearched so it's probably best to avoid.

Methoxetamine and beta-blockers anyone? I am aware that, to varying degrees, beta-blockers are metabolized by cytochrome P450 2D6. Is MXE also a CYP2D6 substrate?

Any other interactions to look out for?

Thanks.

But ketamine + mdma is a standard and safe combo, so I'm not sure your logic is sound. But MXE is unresearched so it's probably best to avoid.

The assumption that MXE + MDMA is a safe combination because ketamine + MDMA is a safe combination is a dangerous one. MXE has a different pharmacological profile to ketamine. Problems could occur with MXE that do not occur with ketamine.

^ Plus, I don't think it's even good to say Ketamine + MDMA is a safe combination. Many people do the combination regularly with no negative side-effects, but many people have also combined DXM + MDMA, or MDMA and MAOIs, or any of the other dangerous combinations that can lead to Serotonin syndrome.

Ketamine affects serotonin in a similar way to DXM, so it's likely to be dangerous too if the doses are pushes too high. Probably to a lesser extent than DXM, but personally despite the alleged safety profile it's something I'd avoid.

MXE + MDMA should definitely be avoided as we simply don't know yet if it's going to be a dangerous combo or not, and there's definitely a potential for that risk to be there (quite a big one actually) so risking it would be a big mistake until further research into its effects have been done.

I can tell you that MXE + Methylone = almost a heart attack. No joke. I don't know if this is a serotonergic issue or what, but when combining shit with MXE it's your heart you have to look after first. MXE is not a drug that is easy on the heart. It's probably not as bad as cocaine. But from my experience it feels like it's about halfways as bad as using cocaine and being sober.

So on that alone I would not recommend MXE combined with MDMA. If combined I would take the MXE after the MDMA has mostly worn off, but NEVER take MDMA after taking MXE.

You'll probably live. But your heart is going make you ask yourself how much you love your heart. (and if you do, never do that again!)

^ Very well said and good advice, and a good point too, it's likely the DRI action could cause further complications like heart/blood pressure issues. Something to watch out for, and also suggests that combining it with other stimulants (even ones that aren't serotonergic) could also be dangerous.

This doesn't seem the most combo friendly in a lot of ways, I'd stick to combining it with weed or non-stimulating psychedelics personally :D

Methoxetamine and beta-blockers anyone? I am aware that, to varying degrees, beta-blockers are metabolized by cytochrome P450 2D6. Is MXE also a CYP2D6 substrate?

Thanks.

I'm not sure we know abotu the metabolization of MXE, best ask that in ADD. As to beta blockers: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/573529-Methoxetamine-Subthread-Adverse-Effects-Side-effects?p=10140750&viewfull=1#post10140750

As for other interactions, go back to page one of this thread.

Ketamine affects serotonin in a similar way to DXM, so it's likely to be dangerous too if the doses are pushes too high. Probably to a lesser extent than DXM, but personally despite the alleged safety profile it's something...
Ketamine has no affect on serotonin. And from what I've read about MXE, it doesn't either.
People should probably stop spreading these seratonin syndrome rumors.
DXM is an oddity and works completely different than other dissociatives.
I'm not saying you should go combine MXE with MDMA or something, I'm just saying seratonin syndrome is not a risk.
And ketamine and MDMA is not at all a dsngerous combo.
Ofcourse we should use caution when combining drugs, but let's not go around around spreading false information.

I personally have grown a liking to MXE+LSD.

Anyone else like this combo?

I've only tried low doses of MXE on low doses of LSD.

Generally like a few bumps midway through to the end on 1 hit of medium strength blotter.

Ketamine has no affect on serotonin. And from what I've read about MXE, it doesn't either.
People should probably stop spreading these seratonin syndrome rumors.
DXM is an oddity and works completely different than other dissociatives.
I'm not saying you should go combine MXE with MDMA or something, I'm just saying seratonin syndrome is not a risk.
And ketamine and MDMA is not at all a dsngerous combo.
Ofcourse we should use caution when combining drugs, but let's not go around around spreading false information.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6460944

Ketamine inhibits serotonin uptake in vivo.
Martin LL, Bouchal RL, Smith DJ.
Abstract
Anesthetic (120 and 160 mg/kg. i.p.) and subanesthetic (80 mg/kg) doses of ketamine HCl were found to prevent completely the depletion of whole brain serotonin (5-HT) by p-chloramphetamine (PCA). Furthermore, ketamine HCl (160 mg/kg) completely blocked the depletion of 5-HT by PCA in every individual brain region studied (Midbrain-thalamus, hypothalamus, striatum, hippocampus and cortex). Administration of ketamine alone had no effect on brain 5-HT levels. Nialamide (a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor) and fluoxetine (a selective 5-HT uptake inhibitor) also prevented the depletion of 5-HT by PCA. However, of these three agents, only nialamide prevented the depletion of 5-HT by reserpine. These results suggest that ketamine blocks PCA-induced 5-HT depletion by inhibiting 5-HT uptake and not by inhibiting MAO. Ketamine only weakly affected either [3H]5-HT or [3H]spiroperidol binding to 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 receptors respectively even at concentrations as high as 1 mM. These data support the contention that the primary direct effect of ketamine on serotonergic systems is the blockade of 5-HT uptake and that blockade of 5-HT uptake may mediate some of the behavioral effects of ketamine, such as analgesia.

^ Studies suggest Ketamine is a Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor like DXM, and I believe I read elsewhere that this was thought to be one of the few reasons for why it has great anti-depressant potential, though that I'm not 100% sure of so take my words with a pinch of salt. :) (They also tell us that it's not a Serotonin Releaser. But combining an SRI with another SRI is dangerous, and MDMA itself has SRI action.)

That said, it's not a strong one, so in reality the combo is unlikely to be dangerous, unless maybe you were close to overdose levels of both drugs in the first place, particularly given how high the doses in the test were. However, given that I only really like to indulge with high doses of Ketamine, it just seems a risk not worth taking, however small the actual risk is.

Given the similarity in structure it's plausible to say MXE will have a similar effect, and given it hasn't been studied we can't say if the effect will be the same, weaker, stronger.. So it just seems very anti-harm reduction to tell people the combo would be safe just yet ;)

If you're interested, another similar study talks about its effects on Dopamine and Norepinephrine too: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12963082 Interesting how Dopamine is only affected by one of the isomers.

Short version: Given how weak an SRI Ketamine is I really don't think the potential for Serotonin Syndrome is there, but isn't the best advice to never combine SRIs, no matter how weak they are? :)

Last edited:
Don't usually do things like this but took 2 grams of mushies last night with 100mg of MXE and went on a colorful ride of legendary proportions. 8(

Highly recommended... Not a down vibe in the trip.
Broke right through my own ego death like a shattering window. Never felt bad at all.

One highlight was CEV's looking like rainbow sphaghetti and meatballs swirling about.
OEV's were rockin' too.

It was a highly introspective and enlightening experience.
Didn't take all that long to come down either for some reason.
4am rolled around and I noticed I was sobered up and went to bed!

Not a single regret.
It's a shame people believe the government that these things are bad for you.
I get a lot of work done like this. I'm my own psychiatrist.
Feeling happier and better about life all together.

Last edited:
Today I feel slightly shaky and depressed.
Although, I can handle it and realize it's from not getting high again, or basically coming down from the shrooms and MXE.

I had taken some of the MXE orally and some in the nose... and I hear some lingering effects can last 24 hours.

So now that I'm am totally down and did not get high again the following night of the shrooms and MXE, it is slightly depressing. But I know why and am seeing through it by keeping myself busy and hydrating and eating well. Coming back from such eventful places I can see how I can be slightly depressed now that everything is back to normal.

It would seem there is some sort of slight come down in my experience with this combination. But it was still well worth it and I think this kind of thing is normal.

It can help to make me slightly irritable towards others too it would seem.

Last edited:
Today I feel slightly shaky and depressed.
Although, I can handle it and realize it's from not getting high again, or basically coming down from the shrooms and MXE.

I had taken some of the MXE orally and some in the nose... and I hear some lingering effects can last 24 hours.

So now that I'm am totally down and did not get high again the following night of the shrooms and MXE, it is slightly depressing. But I know why and am seeing through it by keeping myself busy and hydrating and eating well. Coming back from such eventful places I can see how I can be slightly depressed now that everything is back to normal.

It would seem there is some sort of slight come down in my experience with this combination. But it was still well worth it and I think this kind of thing is normal.

It can help to make me slightly irritable towards others too it would seem.
Whats there to be sad about as long as you hold the knowledge that you can always return to a somewhat similar plane? Obviously laws and such conflict with this but it is within your power to make a similar experience happen again. Thoughts like this have always sustained me and never really cause me to be sad at the end of an experience. Certainly when I know during the ride that what i'm receiving currently is a gift and I may never again be able to reach this plane I always know that there are multiple more planes to discover and explore. Lastly, I cannot express simply how thankful I am to have been allowed this gift. Most people will never get to come even close to experiencing what a real psychonaut or traveler will in their lifetime(they can but what a hard journey that would be while being weighed down by today's ignorance's). This feeling also sustains me. At the end of the day remember that you are graced with a blessing to be able to see things that others never will, to have experiences that others never will, and so on and so forth!

That's the truth.
People with a closed mind will never see what I have.
and I've seen some serious stuff. lol

I think I need to learn how to decide what of it is real or not.
I guess to me, it all is.

Thanks.
i don´t know if mxe is a noradrenaline releaser. but it may be.
and because amphetamine and beta blockers are very dangerous when taken together i wouldn´t risk it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.