• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methodone/heroin detox long habit

billtheshit

Greenlighter
i was on 60mg of methodone for 5 plus yrs and heroin 10 plus. Got to COLD TURKEY !
After several failed detoxes I have come to the point were I know if I get passed w/d's I will be able to live clean but I cant get passed 2 nights and no sleep. Need some of ypurr positve c/t stories and experience to help me through this.

just went cold turkey off heroin and Xanax about a month ago for god knows how many times but usually I go to rehab but this time was cold cold . Best advice I can give is have a tough babysitter. I stayed at a friends house the first 2 weeks. I knew she had subs in her room from when her brother got clean. No matter how much I begged her to give me one she wouldn't . If you have a close friend or spouse that can keep an eye on you and show some tuff love I believe it helps. I also took about 4 30 min baths a day plus another 5+showers a day. Seemed hopeless the first week but if you eat clean and try to move around however little it might be everything counts. I drank a lot of tea and water and tried to take down whatever food I can which wasn't much but again anything is better then nothing. I obviously still feel like shit at 30 something days but much better then the first week.
You can do this!!! its a battle you can win but you gotta give it all you got . Its not easy but if 1 person ever succeeded staying clean that means you or I can be #2 and 3
All the best!

Thank you for sharing. I'm ready to quit also. I have been on H for over 10 years and am using over a gram/day iv now. I tried methadone a couple years ago the last time I tried to quit and while it made the wd's almost disappear at 120mg/day, it was just the same thing as an H habit. Definitely want to quit CT this time.

Edit: I apologize if I disrespected the OP by putting my story about not successfully quitting when they specifically asked for the opposite. The title just caught my attention, I'm definitely going to be following this thread. Thanks, billtheshit for making this thread. I'm sure you'll get through this CT, bro. You definitely sound determined.

Last edited: