• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Methodism is possibly the worst

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Went to the local Wesley based (they had a huge rock with his name carved into it on the front) Methodist movement Church last Sunday expecting something Leonard Ravenhill / Revival based but my God was I let down.
Everything I'd heard about Wesley really rang with me & my favourite Christian Revival Preacher ever Leonard Ravenhill always spoke so highly of Wesley "God didn't raise Methodism he raised Wesley" but it seems the basic concepts have been wiped away.

It was all the usual Christian stuff, a load of old folks reading the same stuff from The Bible with no real understanding of it, The words of Paul & the whole of Corinthians is ESSENTIAL to understand (Sorry Liberals but it's true)

The preacher I assumed was Chinese so I had respect for her, I assumed she had sen people under Mao nailed to the cross in their Church & YES Mao did have people stuck up on a cross but it turned out she was from South Korea (oops)

I've never seen such a whitewash of a religion in my life, they are nearly as bad as The Catholic Church in many ways, words are cheap to speak it's the actions I'm interested in.

Went to the local Wesley based (they had a huge rock with his name carved into it on the front) Methodist movement Church last Sunday expecting something Leonard Ravenhill / Revival based but my God was I let down.
Everything I'd heard about Wesley really rang with me & my favourite Christian Revival Preacher ever Leonard Ravenhill always spoke so highly of Wesley "God didn't raise Methodism he raised Wesley" but it seems the basic concepts have been wiped away.

It was all the usual Christian stuff, a load of old folks reading the same stuff from The Bible with no real understanding of it, The words of Paul & the whole of Corinthians is ESSENTIAL to understand (Sorry Liberals but it's true)

The preacher I assumed was Chinese so I had respect for her, I assumed she had sen people under Mao nailed to the cross in their Church & YES Mao did have people stuck up on a cross but it turned out she was from South Korea (oops)

I've never seen such a whitewash of a religion in my life, they are nearly as bad as The Catholic Church in many ways, words are cheap to speak it's the actions I'm interested in.

Interesting post. One reason churches have lost their way
Polish-20211016-210804055.jpg