• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Methiopropamine and 5-HTP?

PandaGun

Bluelighter
Hi there,
I was wondering if the combination would cause a mild a serotenergic rush?

Many thanks!

Methiopropamine is a noradrenaline-dopamine reuptake inhibitor without significant serotonergic activity, so no.

Last edited:
Methiopropamine is a noradrenaline-dopamine reuptake inhibitor without significant serotonergic activity, so no.

What he said.

Also, MPA is a primarily a release agent, Its structure is very similar to methamphatmine.

What he said.

Also, MPA is a primarily a release agent, Its structure is very similar to methamphatmine.

That's what I initially thought too, but Wikipedia specifically points out that it is, surprisingly enough, *not* a functional analog of methamphetamine, by which I assume they are referring to the fact that it actually seems to function primarily as a reuptake inhibitor rather than a releasing agent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methiopropamine#Pharmacology

Of course that could be some Wikipedia editor misinterpreting the literature. Probably wouldn't be the first time. Might have to look into this later.

It seems as if the study is screening reuptake inhibition without regard for release.
So Methamphatmine being also a reuptake inhibitor, would carry a similar statement.

What he said.

The effects of methiopropamine make pseudoephedrine look good, I guess that is what is meant by not a functional analog.

5htp is just as poor.

So, OP, the answer is no, you will not get high at all from this combination, you'll just get a high pulse rate.

The effects of methiopropamine make pseudoephedrine look good, I guess that is what is meant by not a functional analog.

5htp is just as poor.

So, OP, the answer is no, you will not get high at all from this combination, you'll just get a high pulse rate.

I don't know what your talking about.

You absolutely could get high on MPA.

Maybe you can, honestly I could get higher off a couple of sudafed, mpa just gives me physical effects like vasoconstriction, blood pressure & pulse rate.

Get some proper drugs, it's not at all like methamphetamine, that sulphur makes it shit.