• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methaqualone

Anyone on this board try white pipe in South Africa? Please share your experience.

I never smoked it but I got suspected Mx instead of XTC. Slept for like 36 hours (5 pills) felt better than any benzo I ever had ,so whatever it was I enjoyed it... but if I was expecting a rush (was at home chilling at the time) and at a party I would have been pissed.

Dealer looked fucked on MDA which is why I bought them, he was phoning random people on his phonebook (friend gave me the heads up), mumbling incoherently about these "pills" he had, lol.

They look like this, which is why it's easy to mistake for X:

http://www.drugaware.co.za/mandrax.html

I haven't been able to identify the suspect logo stamp I had from articles yet. The 5-0 round here don't bother with testing too much, they'd probably have to reduce the charges a lot of the time if they did because most of the X here is so shit you lucky if it increases your heart rate.

I never smoked it but I got suspected Mx instead of XTC.

Funny you say that because my wife got some mandrax from mexico in the early 90s. I think I might have posted something like this in this thread last year. Their nickname for the drug was "mex X" because it supposedly kind of made you feel like you were on X. It occured to me reading your post that mandrax pills are stamped with Mx so maybe thats were they got the nickname in part. Anyway she described the drug as being very energetic,euphoric, and social with an almost E loved up feeling and laments that there isn't any around anymore. However her mom used to be strung out on qualudes and when she would visit her mom in San Francisco as a very young girl she has memories of her mom sleeping all day long. Anyway, her mom who was a conoisseur of sedatives in the 70s and 80s and continues to take xanax says that methaqualone was the best there is. She prefered the euphoria to tuinal, amytal, and seconal. She also prefered the euphoria to methamphetamine and black beauties which she loved too. Liked to mix ludes with cocaine, which hearing her describe it sounds like it is one of those magical classic combinations like cocaine and heroin or sauternes and foie gras. Her mom also used to love to get the biphetamine and methaqualone formulation when it used to be on the market.

Last edited:
Biphetamine T 20 , those would have been great pills. oh the 70s... lots of good drugs on the pharms books.

Took two of my dad's RORER 714s back in 2000 when I went to visit him in New York. They expired in 1979. Still remarkably potent. Basically like a benzo high but more of an energetic, "functioning" euphoria (like opiates). After the initial warm rush wears off you are left sedated and content. And yes, the jellyfish effect was pronounced, I felt bone-less.

Yeah your muscles turn to wobbling goo. Don't do this if you need to move places without falling the fuck over, and not being able to get up for a while... repeatedly.

The frigging stuff was everywhere in the early 70s. People were just flopping all over the place, its like you get instantly drunk although it feels a lot better. It was also suspected that one of my best friends who turned into a super coke freak and weighed about 90 pounds would take 4 to pass out at the end of his run, ended up dying.

I think the government just freaked out because it was like everywhere overnight! I did not know it was addicting though, would they be like benzo withdrawals? or just psychological.

Sopors !!!
Rohr 740!!!s

Methaqualone is a barbiturate, and barbs have been shown to be physically addicting in much the same way alcohol is. It would be physical AND psychological.

^ It's not a barb, but it is a strong GABAergic. So yeah... that almost always means easy potential for a harrowing physical addiction.

The withdrawal is apparently very bad, and so is smoking that shit. People look worse than meth addicts afterwards.

Funny you say that because my wife got some mandrax from mexico in the early 90s. I think I might have posted something like this in this thread last year. Their nickname for the drug was "mex X" because it supposedly kind of made you feel like you were on X. It occured to me reading your post that mandrax pills are stamped with Mx so maybe thats were they got the nickname in part. Anyway she described the drug as being very energetic,euphoric, and social with an almost E loved up feeling and laments that there isn't any around anymore. However her mom used to be strung out on qualudes and when she would visit her mom in San Francisco as a very young girl she has memories of her mom sleeping all day long. Anyway, her mom who was a conoisseur of sedatives in the 70s and 80s and continues to take xanax says that methaqualone was the best there is. She prefered the euphoria to tuinal, amytal, and seconal. She also prefered the euphoria to methamphetamine and black beauties which she loved too. Liked to mix ludes with cocaine, which hearing her describe it sounds like it is one of those magical classic combinations like cocaine and heroin or sauternes and foie gras. Her mom also used to love to get the biphetamine and methaqualone formulation when it used to be on the market.

Hmm... Maybe I should go out and acquire some of the real shit, sounds good. I know I felt really, really good after taking 1 but I was tired already (morning after) and was expecting a stimulant to keep me awake and got the opposite. You say she compared it to MDMA almost? Probably why it's sold as E, it's a lot cheaper (than MDMA at least). Even poor people can afford it here but that will change as it's slowly dying out in favour of methamp and crack.

I think a lot of the stuff here is also full of antihistamines, most probably cyclizine (valoid). I won't be smoking it, no way am I gonna put dirty ass cuts and binders into my lungs, swallowing that shit is bad enough.

God, vintage pharms are cooler than any MDxx tablets or LSD blotter designs. Even if they were "stunt pills" and they mostly stuck to opies, I loved watching "Drugstore Cowboy" for this reason.

Quaalude. What a serene name. "Xanax" sounds like an assassin robot.

So does "Klonopin." It sounds like a bowling robot. :D
Most benzo names are weird except "Restoril" (temazepam). Restoril sounds nice, restful.

I think a lot of the stuff here is also full of antihistamines, most probably cyclizine (valoid). I won't be smoking it, no way am I gonna put dirty ass cuts and binders into my lungs, swallowing that shit is bad enough.

I know that diphenhydramine was in the licit mandrax formulation and I believe illegal Mx. Whether done by accident or design diphenhydramine increases plasma concentrations of methaqualone I think by competative inhibition of what ever enzyme metabolizes methaqualone.

Wish I had tried the drug first hand, my reason for starting this thread is to get info about the nuances of the high having tried other top shelf sedative hypnotics like seconal, placidyl, chloral hydrate, and a shit load of different benzos. Seems like I hear alot about euphoria, energy, sociability, sex enhancement on the on hand, and incoordination, messed up gate, and excessive sedation on the other. I think set and setting as well as expectations have a huge influence on this one.

I am going to post some stuff from opie from time to time: There is a greater wealth of info and personal experience on the topic:

from MrNatural (5-15-09)

Think I might have posted in one of those earlier threads, but an addition, I think. Ran into a friend in Piedmont Park at some music in 72 who had access to the spoils from a store heist. Said no one wanted these Parest 400, cause all wanted the Rohrer 714. Got a sealed jar of 500 for $100 and supplemented with same size 30mg Desoxyn, a super smooth stimulant. Got me thru a six week roadtrip of nation's parks and cities and through the first fuel crunch and the cold winter of 72-73. Ran out right after the second tornado of Spring 73 that came within a block of my house. Lumber came through the roof and destroyed where I had my stash until it got so low I could carry it.

I did have the pleasure of trying my first 2 714s on the same day I tried my first hashoil. (70 or 71)

Posted by BUC 5-15-09

In the early eighties when ludes were becoming increasingly difficult to find.........."Boot Ludes" started to show up more and more. They looked like the real thing........but when you took one it was obvious it wasn't the stuff.

Some people would try to eyeball them to determine their authenticity.

We had a sure-fire way of knowing........

A buddy from work had a mild alergic reaction to ludes.
He'd be more than happy to "test" one for us..........an hour or so after swallowing one he'd break out in hives. If we saw the hives.......we'd break out our bucks.

Another quick little lude memory.

We used to have this connection.........late 70's.
This motherfucker was a classic lude head.
We'd give this guy a call and he'd say.........come on.
Fifteen minutes later we're pounding on his door.........no answer.
Knowing better than to leave we'd be pounding.......ringing the door bell........yelling.
Finally this dude would open the door.
He'd look like he just rose from the dead.......hair all crazy......leaning on the door frame.
He'd be like.........what's up?
Motherfucker.........wake up.........we're here for the ludes.
Ludes?.........Oh..........the ludes........yeah........come on in .

Isn't it true most (if not all) ludes on the street are now nearly exclusively diazepam (according to DEA Microgram bulletins)? I read a report that there were real ludes on the streets of CA in 1999, from Indian labs.
This is one drug i'd love to try. It must be good if they banned it outright

Dude...They didnt take them of the street because they are the best drug ever. its just there are other drugs that can take its place that dont have sucha high potential for abuse. ex: benzos..

Opiates would be off the market to if they could find a non recreational alternative.

Posted by Flipside 11-25-06 on opl:

T, ya definatley missed the boat. I think , no I'm positive qualudes were the first drug i absolutely fell in love with, took em from age 15 till about 20 when they were pulled from the market. In fact I worked as a pharm tech for a year and used to grab handfulls outta the bottle.

Just freaking felt sooo good and don't know about any other of the women out there , but they made me horny as hell.;)%)