• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methamphetimines story on Triple J

Thanks for the link Cowboy Mac.

The stories of violence faced by hospital workers dealing with meth users are ghastly to say the least. One would expect and hope these people are well paid :\

I agree with Biscuit regarding Paul Dillon's descriptions of base, ice etc. But he is correct in saying things can change overnight term/ trend wise. I think it would be difficult to accurately define every form of base or rock, but in saying that, I think there are forms of street speed which are likely fairly common, but which don't really fit any of his descriptions. Overall I thought the segment wasn't bad though.

Slightly off topic perhaps, and something I have asked about in the past, but I'm wondering if anything is ever given to these patients so as to hasten elimination of the drug. It's been mentioned on occasion before that by acidifying urine, the elimination rate of meth is increased. Is this ever done, or are risks of complications a deciding factor? Or is the practice simply not considered effective?

I'm not sure this occurs with Meth, but a study done in 1974 on the elimination of amphetamine showed that as well as hastening elimination, the psychological response to amphetamine was also markedly reduced when urine is pH 5.

Any comments from BL medical consultants?

Gunne & Anggard in Torrell T et al (eds) - Pharmacology and pharmacokinetics; Plenum, New York; Soured from Rang et al, Pharmacology 4th Ed

phase_dancer, i dont know fuck all about chemistry and everything, but what u just posted, is it saying that in the case of amphetamines, possibly the age old myth of eating vit C will reduce affects? and if we wanted to prolong affects drink things like milk?

or am i totally wrong in the way im thinking?

I know from close relatives who work in mental health and welfare that violence amongst homeless people is on a sharp increase due to the availability of stronger amphetamines. Also more mental illness caused from it.
It really is a concern to them atm.