• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Methamphetamine

ImNotHere.

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just have a couple questions regarding meth use and the covid vaccine:

I am hoping to get vaccinated next week and I was just curious to see if there were any other vaxxed meth users out there who would be willing to share any insights about the experience. Like, how long did you wait to use again before/after the vaccine and how were you affected by it, if at all.

*I'm not worried about the safety of the vaccine, btw lol, these are just questions Google wasn't able to answer

Thanks in advance :)

Hi. Welcome to the forum. There do not seem to be any interactions to worry about between the vaccine and meth. I was high when I got vaccinated (and dropped some acid the same night) and many people have reported similar here and on other forums. The only downside I see is if you get the flu like symptoms that some people get after being vaccinated and are simultaneously coming down off meth and have a hard crash. You might end up feeling doubly bad. But I don’t think that’s dangerous, just annoying and uncomfortable.

If you are worried, stop taking meth for 72 hours prior to the vaccination. Then your system will be pretty clear of it anyway. And if you can get through 3 days without it you ought be able to last a week without meth to give the vaccine time to get through your system.

Good luck. Let us know if you have a negative experience though.

What he said! ^

The vaccines do not interact with meth. It would be advisable to stay clear for a week after getting though like @Atelier3 mentioned because it’s good to see if you have any adverse side effects from the vaccine that you might not notice when using. That’s all.