• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine

Topekomsi

Greenlighter
Has anyone ever smoked old meth injection cottons to avoid cotton fever? Like, for example, by pulling a small amount of water through each cotton into a syringe, then put it into a bubble and let the water evaporate off? Just curious what others experiences with this are like and if anyone has any recommendations or knowledge about this.. or if there’s any reason it could be dangerous that I am unaware of..

Probably not particularly dangerous but seems like a lot of work for a tiny amount of drug residue.

Probably not particularly dangerous but seems like a lot of work for a tiny amount of drug residue.
Not too much work, I mean it takes about five minutes. If the cottons used had good sized shots pulled through them then it can add up to a decent little smoking session. It’s not too bad if you’re out and need a little boost til you can get more. I just mainly wanted to know if smoking old cottons, some of which may be several months old, could cause any harm. Im assuming the bacteria would die from the heat. I’m too lazy to google what kind of bacteria’s could be on old cottons and what temperature each can withstand..
And this is probably a stupid question, but will some of the meth evaporate with the water? I know not all does obviously cause this strategy clearly works, but if I heat the water just a little to get it to evaporate quicker will the meth go too? I guess it would probably come down to their boiling points....

My good friend who was a fentanyl user and very much opioid dependent once ended up dosing with amphetamine while in withdrawal, he said he immediately regreted it very strongly, he said it made his withdrawals much worse. (Later on he had the same thing happen when he IV'd a shot out of a cooker that had meth residue in it). Increased his anxiety, tremors, blood pressure, and restless legs and made it very hard to prepare his IV opioids.

I don't see any reason that you couldn't extract meth off of cottons using water, and either smoke, plug, or eat the result. Just don't IV/IM/SC.

It’s quite amazing how much meth gets stuck in a cotton filter. I’ve taken next day shots of cotton filters that have dried into a rock hard meth little meth ball and gotten a reasonable little rush.

I’ve never had cotton fever. I’ve wondered if meth is actually anti-bacterial.

Not too much work, I mean it takes about five minutes. If the cottons used had good sized shots pulled through them then it can add up to a decent little smoking session. It’s not too bad if you’re out and need a little boost til you can get more. I just mainly wanted to know if smoking old cottons, some of which may be several months old, could cause any harm. Im assuming the bacteria would die from the heat. I’m too lazy to google what kind of bacteria’s could be on old cottons and what temperature each can withstand..
And this is probably a stupid question, but will some of the meth evaporate with the water? I know not all does obviously cause this strategy clearly works, but if I heat the water just a little to get it to evaporate quicker will the meth go too? I guess it would probably come down to their boiling points....

I use my stovetop (warm/LOW setting) to speed up the evap process every time when reclaiming pipe residue and always get a massive amount from seemingly little. I believe yes, its directly due to boiling points between the two.

I should have said it before, but as a rule of thumb, avoid using cotton to filter your drugs. I used to do it myself, but wheel filters (micron filters) are readily available and safer. (I don't inject drugs anymore, but if i did I'd only use a wheel filter.)

It’s quite amazing how much meth gets stuck in a cotton filter. I’ve taken next day shots of cotton filters that have dried into a rock hard meth little meth ball and gotten a reasonable little rush.

I’ve never had cotton fever. I’ve wondered if meth is actually anti-bacterial.
I have, and believe me it’s not antibacterial. I’ve actually had Cotton fever from the meth itself, cause of bacteria that was on it. It’s awful and I do everything I can to avoid it. Cotton fever is one of my biggest fears when using via the iv route. Especially when I was a heroin addict cause I already was usually hurting from withdrawals.
There is definitely quite a bit left over, especially if you don’t try to break it all down and soak it all up cause you’re in a hurry or something. I’ve gotten decent highs from just using one wash before.
I used to save my heroin cottons for months and if I ever had an issue where I couldn’t get more the cottons would last me quite a while. But I would get cotton fever sometimes from doing that. The trick is to let the cotton sit out and fully dry before storing it somewhere.... but that didn’t always work to avoid the fever. I bet that if you let them dry then stored them in a bag in the freezer that would reduce the risk of cotton fever quite a bit too, never tried it tho.

I use my stovetop (warm/LOW setting) to speed up the evap process every time when reclaiming pipe residue and always get a massive amount from seemingly little. I believe yes, its directly due to boiling points between the two.
Yea I finally got over my laziness and had a conversation with DrGoogle.. The boiling point of meth I believe was 170 degrees C. (Don’t quote me on that, I could be remembering wrong.) Obviously water is 100. So as long as you don’t heat it over 170 the meth shouldn’t evaporate. The best way to do that would probably be to just barely simmer the water and i doubt it’d reach 170. And I think it also said that most bacteria (other than rare heat resistance ones) is killed at 140, which by the time you have evaporated all the water off and start melting the meth to smoke I’m sure it’ll have reached that.... but I’m not sure what the melting point of meth is, maybe 170 was the melting point not boiling point.. who knows, don’t feel like looking it up again right now. Point is, it works and should kill the bacteria as well.

I should have said it before, but as a rule of thumb, avoid using cotton to filter your drugs. I used to do it myself, but wheel filters (micron filters) are readily available and safer. (I don't inject drugs anymore, but if i did I'd only use a wheel filter.)
Are micron filters the ones used in cigarettes..?? Cause other than cigs I’m not sure where else I’d find them where I live. Nor do I inject or use enough to buy some, I use cottons balls and swabs for other things tho so I always have those available. I have heat many people say those filters are safer tho.

Are micron filters the ones used in cigarettes..?? Cause other than cigs I’m not sure where else I’d find them where I live. Nor do I inject or use enough to buy some, I use cottons balls and swabs for other things tho so I always have those available. I have heat many people say those filters are safer tho.

No. Micron filters are also called wheel filters. They are manufactured and you can get them from needle exchanges or buy them on Amazon. You need no-needle syringes to use them.

Yea I finally got over my laziness and had a conversation with DrGoogle.. The boiling point of meth I believe was 170 degrees C. (Don’t quote me on that, I could be remembering wrong.) Obviously water is 100. So as long as you don’t heat it over 170 the meth shouldn’t evaporate. The best way to do that would probably be to just barely simmer the water and i doubt it’d reach 170. And I think it also said that most bacteria (other than rare heat resistance ones) is killed at 140, which by the time you have evaporated all the water off and start melting the meth to smoke I’m sure it’ll have reached that.... but I’m not sure what the melting point of meth is, maybe 170 was the melting point not boiling point.. who knows, don’t feel like looking it up again right now. Point is, it works and should kill the bacteria as well.
I wouldn't even say "simmer", just very warm lol. I mean you could go a little higher, I just won't because I worry about forgetting it.

I only have experience with this and iv-ing with heroin so I’m not sure it’s exactly the same. Idk if I read correctly but I would reuse heroin soaked cottons all the time because I was so desperate once I was out and I never got cotton fever. Idk about smoking old cottons because I’ve never done it or heard anyone do it before but I’m sure if you dilute it enough it should be ok. I’ve never had cotton fever but knew a couple of people it happened to and from what they said they knew instantly when it happened that something was wrong

I have, and believe me it’s not antibacterial. I’ve actually had Cotton fever from the meth itself, cause of bacteria that was on it. It’s awful and I do everything I can to avoid it. Cotton fever is one of my biggest fears when using via the iv route. Especially when I was a heroin addict cause I already was usually hurting from withdrawals.
There is definitely quite a bit left over, especially if you don’t try to break it all down and soak it all up cause you’re in a hurry or something. I’ve gotten decent highs from just using one wash before.
I used to save my heroin cottons for months and if I ever had an issue where I couldn’t get more the cottons would last me quite a while. But I would get cotton fever sometimes from doing that. The trick is to let the cotton sit out and fully dry before storing it somewhere.... but that didn’t always work to avoid the fever. I bet that if you let them dry then stored them in a bag in the freezer that would reduce the risk of cotton fever quite a bit too, never tried it tho.
Yikes. I believed this for months because of the post alleging this antibacterial property. I just may have made a mistake assuming my solution id left out was gonna be okay.

Sometimes Ive felt slack on prepping everything proper so Ive used dirty needles assuming there would be some caustic reduction of bacteria! I just cleaned this one out before the last shot so maybe not the worst Ive done but fuck.

I shouldve known this too since Ive got MRSA SHOOTING METH before! 2019! Some ridiculous cognitive dissonance happened here. No ones fault really I shouldve read into it better. Im SO glad I remembered this post and checked into stuff

Anyway, Im 100% fucking done with IV until further notice. Need to be cleaner about this like 1000%.

Ive been delusional on some of my drug and alcohol antics lately. Im barely getting high this morning anyway. Dont know why but good riddance.

I just wrote this fucking instructional on proper IV use all nice and tidy as well. Then I dont even follow my own directions. Christ.

@Perforated Im not angry but man oh man. Im gonna get some antibiotics prescribed pronto.

Im gonna get some antibiotics prescribed pronto.
If you got an infection due to using dirty needles, old cottons, a solution that was left at room temperature, or any kind of dirty/old equipment you really should get checked out as soon as possible. Waiting too long could be the difference between life and death.

People often get overconfident when it comes to shooting drugs, I've seen all sorts of ridiculous claims on this forum (thankfully they usually get corrected by someone else).

One needs to be as sterile as possible every single time, remember that bacteria and other microorganisms are invisible to the naked eye, you don't know what might be growing in there (and something will be growing, the only question is whether your body will be able to deal with it).
Otherwise it'll be like playing russian roulette... And there are way worse outcomes than "cotton fever", endocarditis is one example.

Last edited:
If you got an infection due to using dirty needles, old cottons, a solution that was left at room temperature, or any kind of dirty/old equipment you really should get checked out as soon as possible. Waiting too long could be the difference between life and death.

People often get overconfident when it comes to shooting drugs, I've seen all sorts of ridiculous claims on this forum (thankfully they usually get corrected by someone else).

One needs to be as sterile as possible every single time, remember that bacteria and other microorganisms are invisible to the human eye, you don't know what might be growing in there (and there will be something growing, the only question is whether your body will be able to deal with it).
Otherwise it'll be like playing russian roulette... And there are way worse outcomes than "cotton fever", endocarditis is one example.
Yes thank you. I have my appt in 6 hours and off to the pharmacy I go. Im more prone to endocarditis than usual as well due to a valve defect. Im a little worried. During and after that post Ive had this minor epiphany today about how stupid some of my behavior has been (again) and Im sorting it out.

I actually feel okay. A little (little) hungover and weird feeling but its okay. I dont know whats going on but Ive been up to 1 1/2 bottles liquor daily, fuckin mouthwash and sanitizer. Crazy RISKY IV use on a few occasions lately. Today I can barely drink a beer. No desire for anymore meth at all til I sort this out at LEAST and no needles. I put them down for long periods of time (months) and this is looking like put down time.

sigh

Yes thank you. I have my appt in 6 hours and off to the pharmacy I go. Im more prone to endocarditis than usual as well due to a valve defect. Im a little worried. During and after that post Ive had this minor epiphany today about how stupid some of my behavior has been (again) and Im sorting it out.

I actually feel okay. A little (little) hungover and weird feeling but its okay. I dont know whats going on but Ive been up to 1 1/2 bottles liquor daily, fuckin mouthwash and sanitizer. Crazy RISKY IV use on a few occasions lately. Today I can barely drink a beer. No desire for anymore meth at all til I sort this out at LEAST and no needles. I put them down for long periods of time (months) and this is looking like put down time.

sigh
Everyone makes mistakes man, yeah it was a little reckless but whatever, shit happens. Just don't let it evolve into something serious. Live and learn.

Has anyone ever smoked old meth injection cottons to avoid cotton fever? Like, for example, by pulling a small amount of water through each cotton into a syringe, then put it into a bubble and let the water evaporate off? Just curious what others experiences with this are like and if anyone has any recommendations or knowledge about this.. or if there’s any reason it could be dangerous that I am unaware of..
I am new and I don't know where to write something, so I am sorry. I tried Meth about 4 or 5 times and I did not feel anything at all! I was awake but that is about it.. I don't know why you all like it so much! It totally ages people quickly too. Look up "The Faces of Meth." It is scary!

I am new and I don't know where to write something, so I am sorry. I tried Meth about 4 or 5 times and I did not feel anything at all! I was awake but that is about it.. I don't know why you all like it so much! It totally ages people quickly too. Look up "The Faces of Meth." It is scary!

Click that button to make a thread. Fill out your title and your body and hit post.

What other medications you on?