• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine Withdrawal Response Pattern

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
Had an unusual experience where the hunger returned but the insomnia remained. Thoughts? Seemed a bit manic, etc.

Absolutely no bad feelings/crash/etc ??

Weird. Especially after a long stint?

Also I can always eat a little through a binge but the uncontrollable hunger arrives as soon as I’ve had some sleep.

And the insomnia only arrives 3-4 nights after last dose. I always get 2 days or nights of sleep first.

Sometimes I get a good 24-36 hours from the last dose until I start to feel comedown anxiety even if not buffered by benzos or APs.
Dude I was using milligrams of flu-alprazolam every day
no stimulants - no caffeine - no nicotine - I hate cocaine/crack - no meth

how is that possible?

Meth withdrawal I feel like a literal Zombie, My dopamine is already fucked so alls I want to do is A sleep or B do more Meth

A big part of a bad meth comedown is the anxiety and ruminating negative thoughts. If you are very psychologically healthy and at peace with yourself then I expect comedowns might be a lot easier because you have no fears or anxieties for it to latch onto and turn against you. If you can reach Nirvana you are probably safe from meth comedowns.

A big part of a bad meth comedown is the anxiety and ruminating negative thoughts. If you are very psychologically healthy and at peace with yourself then I expect comedowns might be a lot easier because you have no fears or anxieties for it to latch onto and turn against you. If you can reach Nirvana you are probably safe from meth comedowns.
was totally non-anxious and no negative thoughts; was rather happy/manic

I probably reached nirvana then? OK

Does this mean I am a good person, enlightened or just ready to fuck and give it up move on I don’t understand it’s a weird reaction and it’s a little bit unsettling because of the unending insomnia which should be solved soon and no longer be an issue

I suspect the lack of THC in my system is making me manic and the more we a smoke the calmer I get and flu-alprazolam seems to be helping

I've experienced insomnia after stopping meth, although I usually end up sleeping a lot once I manage to enter sleep-land (not uncommon for me to wake up at 12 - 1pm). I don't think it's that uncommon, probably has to do with our circadian rhythm being somewhat fucked, but it doesn't last too long if you practice good sleep hygiene.

IME the worst thing is the lethargic feeling it gives you and the complete lack of motivation. This can be partly prevented (not 100% though) by not binging for multiple days without sleeping, I've said it plenty of times but prolonged sleep deprivation is one of the worst things you can do to your brain&body.

You quit the "several other drugs" at the same time? If so that might be contributing to the insomnia, THC will definitely do that.

Also the benzos you're taking are probably preventing the worst of the crash as well. As you know, flualprazolam is a very potent benzo so it's no wonder you're not getting much anxiety. Be careful about the rebound though...

My friend can always eat 2 full meals a day while binging, usually can't sleep for 2-3 days in total after smoking 0.5-1g during the first few hours can't remember if the third day of wakefulness was due to a top up after the first day. My friend never had sleep problems for all subsequent days once she's managed to fall asleep the first time after binge use. Your insomnia is definitely due to weed withdrawal possibly exacerbated by the unknown cocktail of drugs you're also abstaining from

abilify is partial agonist at dopamine 2 receptors so i think it is the cause of insomnia
I dont take abilify.

i am low in MAO and if your implication was DA -> insomnia due to excessive activation, or quantity of D2 receptors, I can dig it.

I've experienced insomnia after stopping meth, although I usually end up sleeping a lot once I manage to enter sleep-land (not uncommon for me to wake up at 12 - 1pm). I don't think it's that uncommon, probably has to do with our circadian rhythm being somewhat fucked, but it doesn't last too long if you practice good sleep hygiene.

IME the worst thing is the lethargic feeling it gives you and the complete lack of motivation. This can be partly prevented (not 100% though) by not binging for multiple days without sleeping, I've said it plenty of times but prolonged sleep deprivation is one of the worst things you can do to your brain&body.

You quit the "several other drugs" at the same time? If so that might be contributing to the insomnia, THC will definitely do that.

Also the benzos you're taking are probably preventing the worst of the crash as well. As you know, flualprazolam is a very potent benzo so it's no wonder you're not getting much anxiety. Be careful about the rebound though...
I don’t think you appreciate how full of energy I am. No lethargy. I am still somewhat “unreasonably happy” for the run I went on.

I will buy the Nirvana explanation.

My friend can always eat 2 full meals a day while binging, usually can't sleep for 2-3 days in total after smoking 0.5-1g during the first few hours can't remember if the third day of wakefulness was due to a top up after the first day. My friend never had sleep problems for all subsequent days once she's managed to fall asleep the first time after binge use. Your insomnia is definitely due to weed withdrawal possibly exacerbated by the unknown cocktail of drugs you're also abstaining from
I had quit the other drugs a while ago though. I would give an exact timeline but it is mostly irrelevant.