• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine vs Dextromethamphetamine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruelBri

Bluelighter
So, If I am prescribed Adderall everyday, and i were to take a pill that has methamphatime in it, will that fail me on a drugtest or is it basicvally the same chemical...

methamphetamine and dextromethamphatine all turn into the same molucule when digested???

Methamphetimine converts to amphetimine in the brain.
So any amphetimine will test positive.

im assuming a regular lab test from the doctors will show different types of amphetmines?? as in meth-amph / dex-meth-amp

So, If I am prescribed Adderall everyday, and i were to take a pill that has methamphatime in it, will that fail me on a drugtest or is it basicvally the same chemical...

methamphetamine and dextromethamphatine all turn into the same molucule when digested???
My methadone clinic does a simple dipstick test and it can distinguish a difference between amphetamines and methamphetamine without sending to a lab. I know from experience. They absolutely can tell a difference. Good luck hope this helps

If meth converts to amphetamine in the brain, then why does meth show up as methamphetamine and.not amphetamine?

I'm speculating, but they most likely have antibodies specific for methamphetamine that they can use in an immunoassay.

BTW questions about drug detection arent allowed on the forum. Just for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.