• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine- Reagent testing question(s)

Mr.Wonderful11

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I had a few questions about reagent testing, specifically for methamphetamines.

There is a picture on dancesafe that lists different reagents that test and change specific colors for methamphetamine (amphetamine) including marquis, Simons A&B, mandelin, lieberman, and folin. I'm trying to narrow these down to as few as possible because I only test every now and then (I acquire in bulk), plus they apparently only last 6mos-1yr in the freezer. Which ones are the most important/best for testing for meth and verifying other substances potentially cut into the goods are not present like opioids, MDA, etc. I know some are recommended as primary and secondary tests (marquis then simons for narrowing down difference of amp and meth).

A little clarification with specifics as to which tests in what order and so on would help greatly as this will be my first time utilizing reagents to test for purity. I know ventilation, eye pro, gloves, the works as it's mainly sulfuric acid is required. I'll be using fentanyl testing strips that test for multiple analogues in conjunction with the reagents. I'm seeking the most full proof method to safely identify what I'm consuming without lab testing. Thank you.

i know this isn't what you may wanna hear but from my personal history of meth use in the past, i really suggest stopping and getting help i was in your shoes a year ago, i'm not better than you or wanna lecture you but i wanna tell you that meth destroys you, you might be seeing signs in your life now about it, that's how it starts and gets to be hell. i got clean 8 months ago, i still cannot feel pleasure from normal things, my dopamine receptors are messed up not even sex is pleasureable, they had to put me on a very low dose of addrrall to help me feel somethinf again and i got a whole wide list of issues, please i just wanna say get help, if not now think about it, i know how great it is but it's gonnna ruin you. forgive me if i upset you but i don't want anyone else to suffer what i did with that insidious drug. i did things during it i regret so much and now have PTSD from what i allowed that drug to let me do and yes this sucks but there is help and treatment. i hope you all the best and whether now or some other time please get help, drugs have 3 endings, institution, jail, or death, that's it. you are worth so much more.

i know this isn't what you may wanna hear but from my personal history of meth use in the past, i really suggest stopping and getting help i was in your shoes a year ago, i'm not better than you or wanna lecture you but i wanna tell you that meth destroys you, you might be seeing signs in your life now about it, that's how it starts and gets to be hell. i got clean 8 months ago, i still cannot feel pleasure from normal things, my dopamine receptors are messed up not even sex is pleasureable, they had to put me on a very low dose of addrrall to help me feel somethinf again and i got a whole wide list of issues, please i just wanna say get help, if not now think about it, i know how great it is but it's gonnna ruin you. forgive me if i upset you but i don't want anyone else to suffer what i did with that insidious drug. i did things during it i regret so much and now have PTSD from what i allowed that drug to let me do and yes this sucks but there is help and treatment. i hope you all the best and whether now or some other time please get help, drugs have 3 endings, institution, jail, or death, that's it. you are worth so much more.
Fluxit,

No offense taken, I appreciate what you're trying to do. I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough recovery, I hope your brain ends up healing quickly and you are no longer plagued by this.

It is hard for me because I sought an escape from trauma and it lead me down a road full of hills, up and down. However, I learned alot and took positive things from my experiences and going forward I'm much safer, more cautious, and most importantly I have something to look forward to. This enables me to use drugs like they should be utilized, as a tool for enhancing activities to enjoy life instead of as the source of enjoyment. Don't get me wrong drugs are very powerful and few people have the want to understand themselves let alone the drugs, and themselves on drugs. But I believe that when they're used correctly and in moderation, to gain in a positive way; they can be a good thing. I believe everyone has there vices and we are dying everyday, it's up to you to pick your poison.

I agree with
Fluxit,

No offense taken, I appreciate what you're trying to do. I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough recovery, I hope your brain ends up healing quickly and you are no longer plagued by this.

It is hard for me because I sought an escape from trauma and it lead me down a road full of hills, up and down. However, I learned alot and took positive things from my experiences and going forward I'm much safer, more cautious, and most importantly I have something to look forward to. This enables me to use drugs like they should be utilized, as a tool for enhancing activities to enjoy life instead of as the source of enjoyment. Don't get me wrong drugs are very powerful and few people have the want to understand themselves let alone the drugs, and themselves on drugs. But I believe that when they're used correctly and in moderation, to gain in a positive way; they can be a good thing. I believe everyone has there vices and we are dying everyday, it's up to you to pick your poison.
i understand entirely as i had a very similar history of using meth myself to deal with trauma i had and also with my bipolar disorder and the chaos that brought along with the depressions that destoyed my life 5 times, rapes etc. I also at the time thought i could control it but no one can in reality. I am not telling you what to do, in fact i am hapoy you decided to ask about regent testing your stuff and search for harm reduction. and yes drugs in recreation are good, i still sometimes use some non hardcore drugs to get high (prescription non opiod stuff.) so no judgement here. However before you choose the poison of meth i just want you to know meth is neurotoxic, like kills dopamine receptors, it leads to psychosis, stroke, sudden death, heart attacks, just a really fucked up drug, the extra methyl molecule causes it to be 4x as strong as amphetamine to make it more available across the blood brain barrier. I know how good it is, but the ammount of dopamine meth releases in your brain when you take it is huge, the brain changes it does happen at any dose. just remember no matter how much will we have when you use this drug your mind is being programmed like a labrap (no offense just stating similarities) to compulsively redose and seek more. it is just what it does to everyone. Idk i don't wanna sound like one of those people saying don't do this or that but these are things i wish someone said to me when i used to get on here asking stuff. I'd say if you absolutely must use a stimulant why not opt for something like dexedrine or Adderal, or sumilar amphetaminesl? Yeah they aren't the same but feel similar, and are much much safer. However all i wanted to do is give the info in case it may help, Like you said though everyone picks their poison and i respect you ability to choose. All the best sincerely.

These reagents are actually for screening prior to more comprehensive tests like HPLC or Mass spec, ie. they help chemists narrow down what is in a sample so they can proceed with the best tests. You really need to use eight or ten of these screening reagents to get a really good vague idea of what is in a sample and is very hard for a non-chemist to interpret. Keeping that in mind, combining several of these tests can rule out certain substances - that makes these reagents better than nothing...

I agree with

i understand entirely as i had a very similar history of using meth myself to deal with trauma i had and also with my bipolar disorder and the chaos that brought along with the depressions that destoyed my life 5 times, rapes etc. I also at the time thought i could control it but no one can in reality. I am not telling you what to do, in fact i am hapoy you decided to ask about regent testing your stuff and search for harm reduction. and yes drugs in recreation are good, i still sometimes use some non hardcore drugs to get high (prescription non opiod stuff.) so no judgement here. However before you choose the poison of meth i just want you to know meth is neurotoxic, like kills dopamine receptors, it leads to psychosis, stroke, sudden death, heart attacks, just a really fucked up drug, the extra methyl molecule causes it to be 4x as strong as amphetamine to make it more available across the blood brain barrier. I know how good it is, but the ammount of dopamine meth releases in your brain when you take it is huge, the brain changes it does happen at any dose. just remember no matter how much will we have when you use this drug your mind is being programmed like a labrap (no offense just stating similarities) to compulsively redose and seek more. it is just what it does to everyone. Idk i don't wanna sound like one of those people saying don't do this or that but these are things i wish someone said to me when i used to get on here asking stuff. I'd say if you absolutely must use a stimulant why not opt for something like dexedrine or Adderal, or sumilar amphetaminesl? Yeah they aren't the same but feel similar, and are much much safer. However all i wanted to do is give the info in case it may help, Like you said though everyone picks their poison and i respect you ability to choose. All the best sincerely.
Fluxit,

I think balance is the key. I understand there are other enjoyable things and I cling to those and cherish them equally. I love to cook, I'm passionate about guns and cars. I'm working hard and sacrificing my soul for a career that'll benefit me later on. However I don't think a few 1 day binges a month are going to kill me any faster than life is already.

There used to be a time when I had no purpose other than for the thrill of it. I used to drink just to get fucked up and pass out, smoke weed till I had no motivation to do anything and felt tired all the time, not to mention becoming unhealthy from eating all the processed food. I banged coke for 4 days at a time for months, did ectasy until I permanently enhanced my ability to feel other peoples energy around me like plastic surgery for drugs- albeit worth it unlike the former. I smoked ice for 3 years on and off, going on multiple day binges, finally getting tired of the cycle...

Now I've gotten that out of my system, I don't drink anymore, I can't smoke weed anymore because of fear for random drug tests (profession). The only go to pleassure I have are shrooms and ice because they leave the body quickly. Stims for sex and bonding with my wife. Shrooms for the perspective expansion and general enjoyment/escape from reality. These tools enable me to enhance my life and keep me on the path I am on.

These reagents are actually for screening prior to more comprehensive tests like HPLC or Mass spec, ie. they help chemists narrow down what is in a sample so they can proceed with the best tests. You really need to use eight or ten of these screening reagents to get a really good vague idea of what is in a sample and is very hard for a non-chemist to interpret. Keeping that in mind, combining several of these tests can rule out certain substances - that makes these reagents better than nothing...
Kaninchen,

I'm trying to be as safe as possible. I plan on sending a sample to a lab but in the meantime I wanna be as sure as I can be of what I'm consuming. Here is a list I gathered of the different reagents and what they test for, keep in mind it's tailored to methamphetamine.

Reagent test kits:
*Marquis- ecstasy, opiates, mescaline (meth will turn orange)

Mecke-opiates (heroin, codeine, morphine) good secondary test for ecstasy also DXM. (No reaction to meth)

*Simon's A+B secondary after marquis & mecke for diff between 2 and amphetamine/MDA (amp clear, meth blue)

Ehrlich's- LSD, DMT, also opiates

*Mandelin- Ketamine, PMA (also d-meth) (meth turns green)

*Liebermann- Cocaine, morphine, meth (meth turns orange)

Froehde- opiates, LSD (meth no reaction but possibly red)

Robadope- primary amines (simons)

*Folin- (meth turns peach, amp light orange)

Marquis, and simons seem to be the main ones for testing for meth. Of course that'll only tell me if meth is present and not if anything else is. However I do have fentanyal testing strips so maybe if I get a test for opiates I'll be alright. I was looking for the most effective and cost effective ones as I won't be using the test often enough to justify buying all of the different tests.