• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Methamphetamine Potentiation

EuphorantEnthusiast

Greenlighter
Imagine you have just one dose of methamphetamine already in your bloodstream, and have no immediate plans to re-up or use again for weeks, months, or potentially years to come.

Would dosing a drug to keep amine neurotransmitters going the way it is be worth it or feasible? I was thinking something like phenelzine; it won't immediately inhibit all MAO but likely would be enough to keep it going. Thoughts? Are there other drugs/medications? Venlafaxine likely won't work in time; will it intensify or blunt methamphetamine's desirable effects?

To define "desirable effects"; I am primarily looking for energy, mental and physical stimulation. Do not need/desire euphoria from methamphetamine (dilaudid, heroin tend to be way more euphoric to me).

Thoughts? Is caffeine at T+ 8 to 12 hours my only option?

Caffeine will work to some extent.
Also any sugary beverage will help.
In fact, get a few cans of monster and you're set.

The simple answer is no, taking a MAOI after meth is a dumb plan.

Imagine you have just one dose of methamphetamine already in your bloodstream, and have no immediate plans to re-up or use again for weeks, months, or potentially years to come.

Would dosing a drug to keep amine neurotransmitters going the way it is be worth it or feasible? I was thinking something like phenelzine; it won't immediately inhibit all MAO but likely would be enough to keep it going. Thoughts? Are there other drugs/medications? Venlafaxine likely won't work in time; will it intensify or blunt methamphetamine's desirable effects?

To define "desirable effects"; I am primarily looking for energy, mental and physical stimulation. Do not need/desire euphoria from methamphetamine (dilaudid, heroin tend to be way more euphoric to me).

Thoughts? Is caffeine at T+ 8 to 12 hours my only option?

Why wuld you want to potentiate a drug as potent as meth? Isn't a 1,200%+ increase in extracellular dopamine enough for you? If taking 20-40 mg of amphetamine or 10-20 mg of meth orally don't make you feel good enough, then you have serious addiction problems. You will probably end up living in the streets slamming meth into your ankles.

As for combining meth with a MAO inhibitor that is both non-selective and irreversible, that is suicidal. It is 100% certain that, at best, you will become extremely sick, and at worst you will either die of have a very severe stroke. In fact, even taking amphetamines with selective MAO inhibitors like moclobemide, selegiline or rasagiline is already very dangerous, although the availability of at least one of the MAO enzymes to metabolize the drug means that you will probabhly live. But with phenelzine, isocarboxazid or tranylcypromine? It is 100% certain that it will end very badly for you. Very, very badly. Garanteed.

Just take L-tryosine and 5HTP and you will roll forever. (I'm lying about this)

I think extending drugs really works by extending their metabolism, but unfortunately the neurotransmitters effected by meth are similar enough to meth that inhibitors would cause exponential increases in effects leading to some nasty fate.

Also even if you could get a good meth rush for a fortnight or so, you would become habituated to it, causing worse addictive effects, but more troublingly less euphoria.