• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine not getting me high...

CAPTAIN CAPLOCKS

Greenlighter
First off let me say, I have ADHD and I was prescribed Adderal, and other stimulants since I was a child. I understand that I probably have a huge tolerance to amphetamines right off the bat assuming maybe through childhood my brain has adjusted to it. I also have bi-polar and have had insomnia since I can remember, I've taken .3 clonidine a night to sleep for a very long time. Why I would ever need to do meth, I have absolutely no clue and sometimes I feel like I'm on meth constantly.

That being said, my brain has NEVER had an effect by methamphetamine, I am well aware of it's quality, I've had red and black, ice, anhy, etc. I've snorted fat lines, smoked huge bowls, ate big shards... Nothing, absolutely have never felt high from it. I don't imagine anyone could really explain it perfectly, but I am just wondering if anyone else has this experience. If anyone feels the same please tell me I'm not the only one.

I feel like I'm missing out kinda, I also thought maybe because I've taken stimulants my whole life it was such a subtle effect that blew people away while I was not surprised by anything and total fine.

Anyway, thanks!

The key here isn't that you built tolerance taking stims to treat ADHD but rather that stimulants are used to treat ADHD for a reason. The chemical imbalances that contribute to ADHD make people with it respond differently to stimulants than people without those imbalances do. Many people with ADHD report that amphetamines either do nothing to them or actually bring them down to a more "normal" state, it's just how their brain chemistry happens to work. It's not impossible, but it is uncommon, for someone with moderate-severe ADHD to get high on amphetamines so it wouldn't surprise me if the problem here is just that you have ADHD not that there's a problem with the quality of your drugs.

I have also been taking adhd meds for a few years, and recently tried CM for the first time, I had a similar reaction as you. I felt little to no stimulation, did huge lines with friends and they were up and I was dissapointed. Can say that street meth isn't as pure as pharmaceutical grade amphetamines so perhaps we need an ungodly amount of street meth to get up. Maybe it's what Emtpy is saying about it normalizing people like us. It's probably a bit of both..

Your not alone, id rather have my pills than street meth for recreation. Plus they are certainly more pure and not cut.

FWIW, I don't have ADHD and I don't seem to get the same rush (smoking/snorting) as others. I feel "good" for a while then just pleasantly wired, while others roll their heads back and suddenly forget how to form coherent sentences. (Somehow I keep buying it anyway)
What you say about ADHD folks just requiring higher doses due to brain wiring makes sense, but as a kid I was pretty much the nerdy good student opposite of ADHD folks. So I think there's more to it than that. (For comparison, MDMA/MDA give me toe-curling eyes-rolled back tongue-wagging rushes).