• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Methamphetamine - My speedy review of Dextromethamphetamine (D-Isomer Meth;D-Meth)

So you are both right 100% MDMA contain's 84% freebase that is attactched to the 16% Hcl. As pure as it gets.

No lol. Molar ratios have fuck all to do with purity. So by this logic any other salt with a heavier molecular weight isn’t as “pure” as the hydrochloride.

For the millionth time, purity is relation to the IMPURITIES present in a sample of a substance. The hydrochloride (or tartrate, or citrate, or acetate, or hydrobromide) is attached to the molecule creating a new substance. MDMA HCl isn’t MDMA Freebase with some 16% hydrochloride floating around with it. When you create a salt you are creating a whole new compound in essence with different properties and such.

An impurity is any substance not attached to the molecule. When chemists read shit like this they laugh at us and then they don’t take us seriously when we try to find answers to questions like batch variation.

Sorry if I sound pissy but I’ve repeated this countless times. It’s amazing that this incorrect idea only seems to flourish in the MDMA community.

-GC

Sorry if I sound pissy but I’ve repeated this countless times. It’s amazing that this incorrect idea only seems to flourish in the MDMA community.

-GC

The amphetamine sulphate vendors on the DNMs also spout this shit. Banging on about how it can never be more than 74% or something because of the sulphate.

In reality, you're lucky if you get 5%....

No lol. Molar ratios have fuck all to do with purity. So by this logic any other salt with a heavier molecular weight isn’t as “pure” as the hydrochloride.

As deep as other moleculair bond's was not as deep as wanted to go but you are correct. MDMA-aspartaat would be different as MDMA-citraat. No idea if this are real possiblity's. But are both pure, but will not apply to the 84% info.

That is what you mean if I am correct.

The amphetamine sulphate vendors on the DNMs also spout this shit. Banging on about how it can never be more than 74% or something because of the sulphate.

Shal I ask my chemist about that one. How much Sulphate is used. He is the last pharmacist synthesing drugs for ADHD patients.

Joking about bothering him, but that info is somewhere online.

As deep as other moleculair bond's was not as deep as wanted to go but you are correct. MDMA-aspartaat would be different as MDMA-citraat. No idea if this are real possiblity's. But are both pure, but will not apply to the 84% info.

That is what you mean if I am correct.

Correct, additionally, part of the confusion may stem from the fact that attaching an acid to a freebase compound to make a salt adds molecular weight. So 100mg of MDMA freebase is going to be stronger than 100mg of MDMA HCL, because the MDMA HCL molecule weighs more per molecule, but both could be 100% pure.

Well, you want still it to be sulphate so you can inject it.
Over the 73.9% point it starts getting so oily it doesn't mix up with water anymore.

Well, you want still it to be sulphate so you can inject it.
Over the 73.9% point it starts getting so oily it doesn't mix up with water anymore.

It doesn’t, this is back to the misconception I was referring to, unfortunately it’s persisted as fact for too long. Amphetamine sulphate can reach 99% it won’t automatically revert back to its oily freebase state unless treated with an alkaline solution.

This particular myth might still be alive due to the fact very pure amphetamine is very hygroscopic and will suck water out of the air fairly quick turning it into a paste, obviously more pure it is the faster/easier this happens.

The sulphate salt is actually used cuz others salts like hydrochloride are too water attracting to be useful salts.

99% amp sulfate is a dry solid substance.

-GC

G_Chem is right.

Both amphetamine sulphate and methamphetamine hydrochloride can be >99% pure. Virtually nobody is selling meth or amphetamine base, that makes no sense when you can make a salt.

Also pure meth is either 100% dextro, 100% levo or racemic (50/50). It only depends on the synthesis route.
As far as I know most black market meth is made from ephedrine or pseudoephedrine so it's 100% dextro meth (doesn't mean the substance is 100% pure because it's likely cut with other compounds).
You could find racemic meth made from phenyl-2-propanone (or similar reagents) but it's relatively rare nowadays and mostly from small scale operations.

Last edited:
One more time..

For the record, I don't need you to "explain" anything to me.

I was pointing out where "84%" was coming from. Misconceptions and lies are inherently more believable when there is an aspect of truth involved.

I do get the point being made, that 99.99% MDMA HCl is not going to come back as 84% pure MDMA in laboratory testing because of the HCl salt form.

For the record, I don't need you to "explain" anything to me.

I was pointing out where "84%" was coming from. Misconceptions and lies are inherently more believable when there is an aspect of truth involved.

I do get the point being made, that 99.99% MDMA HCl is not going to come back as 84% pure MDMA in laboratory testing because of the HCl salt form.

Your response made it very obvious it needed to be said yet again.. And I completely understand where it comes from as do most people that have had to regurgitate this same information time and again.

You said something was technically right when it wasn’t.

You NOW get the point made, why? Because I “explained” it to you.

-GC