• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Methamphetamine - My speedy review of Dextromethamphetamine (D-Isomer Meth;D-Meth)

PsychaGogic

Bluelighter
Here it is folks... my review for Dextromethamphetamine which I will be referring to as "D-meth".

Firstly, what is D-meth? D-meth is the right handed isomer of Methamphetamine, which produces the classical euphoric stimulant effects, while Levomethamphetamine mainly acts as a non-euphoric stimulant and increases bodily discomfort.

What does it look like:

Larger, fatter shards than my racemic batch before. Maybe someone can comment on the cut, however I don't know if there's any way to work that out,

It has a distinctive "meth" smell; sweet, plasticy. Last batch smelt of nothing.

Maybe I successfully vaped AND burnt it, but it alternated between no to a definite meth taste.

Dosage: ~20-30mg
ROA - smoked/inhaled

Effects: After the first inhale, a strong, silk-like, euphoric rush, leading to opened eyes, mental (feeling happy, alert but calm) and physical euphoria (pleasant silky/golden feeling in muscles and limbs), increased heart rate. This feels a lot cleaner than the racemic, somehow lol, and more cognitively stimulating, although I want to get physically active. Strong desire to get social. A strong desire to listen to music, which sounds very good. Has pro-sexual effects.

The big difference is the functionality, much more functional than the racemic.

I feel like I should update this once the day goes on. Cheers all!

Weird how much influence compounds can have which based on data and are barely active if at all when used alone (as levometh here, just googled that a vicks inhaler contains 50mg l-meth while when doing 20mg racemate, you should get roughly 10mg of both.) Read reports here of people using more than one inhaler for a single dose, but without proper extraction so oral route and maybe not all gets absorbed.

220px-Levomethamphetamine.gif

Wikipedia tells us:
Levomethamphetamine crosses the blood-brain-barrier and acts as a TAAR1 agonist,[3] functioning as a selective norepinephrine releasing agent (with few or no effects on the release of dopamine), so it affects the central nervous system, although its effects are qualitatively distinct relative to those of dextromethamphetamine.[4] It does not possess the potential for euphoria or addiction that dextromethamphetamine possesses.[4][5][6]

As DA & NE are metabolically connected and part of DA ends up as NE, maybe high NE levels from l-meth mean less DA release from d-meth? Your report definitely sounds like what I got from low dose meth and why I prefer it over other stims like some cathinons which are like chemical kicks in a lethargic ass. Theoretically once 20-30mg shouldn't relevantly increase 5-HT yet chances exist. Purely dopaminergic substances have the tendency of being reinforcing with little recreational potential.

Yeah, feel free to update later :)

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to write up your experiences! I'm curious though as I've never seen any online vendors advertising their dope with claims of being racemic or D variants. There aren't a lot of people outside of the chemistry community (illicit or otherwise) that would be able to confirm something like that. Not saying your samples aren't legit, they very well could be. I'd just be skeptical.
As far as cutting agents, who knows anymore lol. What makes you suspect it's been cut? I mean it usually is, but anything in particular tip you off?

Enjoy the drug, just don't become endebted to it. The devil always comes to collect his due sooner or later.

Oh, speaking of uncut.......

I think technically 100% meth would be liquid, but I'm not a chemist. It's anecdotal but it doesn't seem like crystal meth is cut unless someone is trying to scam you for whatever reason, which is weird. Based on reading I'd guess most street meth is between 80~95% drug. The rest would be impurities or basically what holds the crystals together

I didn't pull these numbers out of the air but have seen them in lab results

Levomethamphetamine is stimulating but on its own, it works as a decongestant. It's like trying to get high off Vics. Maybe you can get lucky and get a placebo effect, but without dextromethamphetamine it's almost inactive

Thanks for taking the time to write up your experiences! I'm curious though as I've never seen any online vendors advertising their dope with claims of being racemic or D variants. There aren't a lot of people outside of the chemistry community (illicit or otherwise) that would be able to confirm something like that. Not saying your samples aren't legit, they very well could be. I'd just be skeptical.
As far as cutting agents, who knows anymore lol. What makes you suspect it's been cut? I mean it usually is, but anything in particular tip you off?

Enjoy the drug, just don't become endebted to it. The devil always comes to collect his due sooner or later.

Oh, speaking of uncut.......
Based on the listing descriptions, and what people here have been saying; I've had the legit stuff because there are clear differences. Regarding the cut, just an educated guess, tbh there's nothing to indicate anything nasty is in here.

If anything, the way it melts and how it recrystallizes is a tell-tell sign, however the stuff I have seems to pass those tests so I'm going to assume it's very high quality.

Gonna smoke another small shard now, been a good day :)

I think technically 100% meth would be liquid, but I'm not a chemist. It's anecdotal but it doesn't seem like crystal meth is cut unless someone is trying to scam you for whatever reason, which is weird. Based on reading I'd guess most street meth is between 80~95% drug. The rest would be impurities or basically what holds the crystals together

Levomethamphetamine is stimulating but on its own, it works as a decongestant. It's like trying to get high off Vics. Maybe you can get lucky and get a placebo effect, but without dextromethamphetamine it's almost inactive
Yeah 100% meth would be a liquid, but this wasn't advertised as "100% pure meth", so it's calm.

Now that I've had dextromethamphetamine I can identify that the strains put on my body with the racemic stuff was the L-meth.

Until recently, that was the widely accepted truth.
Fat chunky shards were an almost idiot proof indicator of purity. Other than standalone msm crystals or rock salt thrown in your bag by some douchebag, there werent any effective cutting agents available at the time, nor was there much need to with precursers still relatively plentiful.
Now you can buy any number of mostly identical looking intermediate compounds in bulk from china off the internet and recrystalize it all together knowing reasonable doubt will always be on your side.

Sometimes the same Onion(tm) dealer sells like 97.5% "lab tested" pure meth/keta/etc for like 50 bucks. Then they sell "premium meth/coke" for 60 bucks. And next time you look into the shop, the 97,5% is gone but they have 96% lab tested one which is "the purest we ever sold" for 55 bucks.

But admittedly thought that pure meth HCl was, well, crystalline and thus the name Crystal Meth. Heard about MSM and other inert stuff before, think somebody I know got a batch of something like that, looked exactly like these before, similar taste, similar to snort but the smokers got angry and refused to buy.

Wasp spray meth's one of the ugliest scams in the Crystal Dept currently..

100% pure meth as a salt (HCL typically) will be solid, not liquid. Most drug salts are not liquid at any purity. 100% pure d-meth is either a crystal or a powder, depending on whether it has been crushed or not. Now, meth freebase (as well as most phenethylamine/amphetamine freebases) is a cuastic, volatile liquid in its pure form. But you never see any amps as freebases for this very reason. Not to mention you'd have to introduce a strong base and separate the oily liquid out from the final product to get freebase, and there's no reason to do that.

100% pure meth as a salt (HCL typically) will be solid, not liquid. Most drug salts are not liquid at any purity. 100% pure d-meth is either a crystal or a powder, depending on whether it has been crushed or not. Now, meth freebase (as well as most phenethylamine/amphetamine freebases) is a cuastic, volatile liquid in its pure form. But you never see any amps as freebases for this very reason. Not to mention you'd have to introduce a strong base and separate the oily liquid out from the final product to get freebase, and there's no reason to do that.
Thanks for clarifying. For some reason I was thinking that crystallization occurred before it could reach 100% purity, although I clearly read that wrong

Now I'm excited that pure methamphetamine could exist; even if it never has

Yea that idea likely came from the incorrect raver myth that MDMA can only reach 84% purity and it’s a liquid after that.

-GC

I expect it was some reasonably pure d-meth based on the experience reported for what was a fairly small dose of 30 mg or so taken via smoking. Not even half a point. It’s years since I’ve seem meth that strong - even taking into account tolerance.

weird though to see it advertised as such

OP how about the duration of the high? If it’s very pure you might be looking at 12 hours especially if you top up the same amount.

Until recently, that was the widely accepted truth.
Fat chunky shards were an almost idiot proof indicator of purity. Other than standalone msm crystals or rock salt thrown in your bag by some douchebag, there werent any effective cutting agents available at the time, nor was there much need to with precursers still relatively plentiful.
Now you can buy any number of mostly identical looking intermediate compounds in bulk from china off the internet and recrystalize it all together knowing reasonable doubt will always be on your side.

So you take a crystal of basically pure meth and dissolve it together with crystals of mystery cut x and then produce crystals out of the resulting mix that will produce meth-like effects but at a weaker level than original pure meth?

The one time I encountered it it was separated between the two; so MSM crystals, which are plastic-like and meth crystals that break with pressure from a sharp tool. I'm curious to know if they're able to be mixed together, too

The one time I encountered it it was separated between the two; so MSM crystals, which are plastic-like and meth crystals that break with pressure from a sharp tool. I'm curious to know if they're able to be mixed together, too
Yeah. I’ve had deals of nice chunky crystals with no powder and no glassy MSM that dissolve quickly and have meth like effects yet seem quite weak - it always bugs me not knowing if the crystals are just weak meth or its my tolerance. But if cuts can be constituted in the actual crystal it might explain a lot of the variations in effects.

Withouth my meth experience,

the diference between DL-Aphethamine and the dextro isomer is. Like between a Supercone and waterice. The levo is doing something to it.

Yea that idea likely came from the incorrect raver myth that MDMA can only reach 84% purity and it’s a liquid after that.

-GC

This idea must have come from the fact that MDMA HCl is 84% MDMA freebase and 16% Hydrochloric acid in terms of molecular mass ratios. Meaning that statement is technically correct, I guess.

This idea must have come from the fact that MDMA HCl is 84% MDMA freebase and 16% Hydrochloric acid in terms of molecular mass ratios. Meaning that statement is technically correct, I guess.

It’s not though... Yes those are the molecular mass ratios but have absolutely nothing to do with purity. It doesn’t mean it tops out at 84% like many believe, it really has no meaning to us at all unless one is consuming a salt other than hydrochloride and needs to figure out the molar mass differences to properly calculate dosage.

I’ve spent years trying to fix this with seemingly little progress. It came about because some Dutch labs give percent based freebase which makes things really confusing when chemistry illiterate try to decipher what they are looking at..

One more time..

MDMA HCl can achieve 99.9999999% purity, the hydrochloride isn’t considered an impurity but actually part of the molecule itself as it has bonded creating a salt. Contrary to popular belief MDMA can go above 84% and not spontaneously transform into the oily freebase.

-GC

It’s not though... Yes those are the molecular mass ratios but have absolutely nothing to do with purity. It doesn’t mean it tops out at 84% like many believe, it really has no meaning to us at all unless one is consuming a salt other than hydrochloride and needs to figure out the molar mass differences to properly calculate dosage.

I’ve spent years trying to fix this with seemingly little progress. It came about because some Dutch labs give percent based freebase which makes things really confusing when chemistry illiterate try to decipher what they are looking at..

One more time..

MDMA HCl can achieve 99.9999999% purity, the hydrochloride isn’t considered an impurity but actually part of the molecule itself as it has bonded creating a salt. Contrary to popular belief MDMA can go above 84% and not spontaneously transform into the oily freebase.

-GC
So you are both right 100% MDMA contain's 84% freebase that is attactched to the 16% Hcl. As pure as it gets.