• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Stimulants Methamphetamine in North America [Mega Merged]

As a committed IV user, I’ve actually only smoked meth 3 times and never had anyone show me the correct technique. I simply put a point in the bowl and rolled an oil burner flame around the bowl (not touching) until the meth started smoking. Then I just kept huffing until there was nothing left. I never let the pipe cool down or the meth to re-crystalise between huffs. I was to desperate to get it all in me. Was I doing it wrong? Nothing seemed to burn.

Intense. I should try that. Silly me, watching the crackback all the damn time.

I've done bowls straight without letting them cool down much between hits, but I prefer letting it crackback and cool off between rips. I found it easier to avoid burning some of it if you let it crack back first. Plus the crackback between hits is a part of my smoking ritual. I love watching it crack back.

Why is it in Jersey it’s so hard to find connections? I’m not asking for any tips or where to go but seems like the east coast has been lacking and it’s either you know somebody or you basically fucked.

Why is it in Jersey it’s so hard to find connections? I’m not asking for any tips or where to go but seems like the east coast has been lacking and it’s either you know somebody or you basically fucked.
DC is full of methamphetamine but idk what goes on up north. I'm sure NY has connections.

Do you live outside of a major metropolitan area or something? It's all over the streets in most major cities from what I hear. (It's definitely everywhere in my city).

I didn't know where to buy it either back when I was married. I didn't even know where to buy marijuana. I just took my prescriptions and occasionally ordered some etizolam or something.

DC is full of methamphetamine but idk what goes on up north. I'm sure NY has connections.
I remember PSA bus-stop posters in New York City about crystal meth back in the early 2000s, but they were pretty clearly restricted to the gay neighborhoods on the west side.

My sense in the Northeast, at least 10 years ago, was of a couple small meth subcultures -- mostly biker-gang members, gay-male clubbers, and rural-white youth who made small batches of "shake'n'bake" for their immediate circle.

When did crystal meth hit the big Eastern cities? You definitely, definitely could not cop meth on the street in Philly back 10-15 years ago (or I sure as hell couldn't). But I've heard it's gotten big just in the last few years.

My main dealer, who is from Mexico, told me a couple of years ago that the cartels were trying to expand the meth market, here in North America as well as overseas (Russia, Australia); I didn't know how seriously to take it, but it seems to be true.

I remember PSA bus-stop posters in New York City about crystal meth back in the early 2000s, but they were pretty clearly restricted to the gay neighborhoods on the west side.

My sense in the Northeast, at least 10 years ago, was of a couple small meth subcultures -- mostly biker-gang members, gay-male clubbers, and rural-white youth who made small batches of "shake'n'bake" for their immediate circle.

When did crystal meth hit the big Eastern cities? You definitely, definitely could not cop meth on the street in Philly back 10-15 years ago (or I sure as hell couldn't). But I've heard it's gotten big just in the last few years.

My main dealer, who is from Mexico, told me a couple of years ago that the cartels were trying to expand the meth market, here in North America as well as overseas (Russia, Australia); I didn't know how seriously to take it, but it seems to be true.
It's like that here, too. 15 years ago I used to smoke meth and I never met an African American person who used meth. If they got high on a stimulant it was cocaine or crack. Me and my buddy used to tell our African American friend he was crazy blowing money on crack to be high for a few minutes when meth lasts for hours and is so much more potent, but his attitude was that meth was some crazy shit at the time.

I quit meth for years and years. I didn't start to be around it again until after I got divorced a few years ago and then I was homeless for awhile and now I live in a primarily African American neighborhood and guess what, African Americans use meth now! Lots of them do. They sell it too (that's who I buy from when I do) and man is the cartel meth so much cheaper than Sudafed shit we used to smoke!! It's not NEARLY as stepped on either. Not even close.

It's literally 1/9th of the cost per gram compared to what I used to have to pay, and it's also way less stepped on!

I'm glad that more people have access to something that's both cheaper and lasts WAY longer than crack. Crack is total fucking slavery. It's still ridiculously expensive to smoke crack. Women are still prostitutes for crack like you wouldn't believe.

If you had told me 15 years ago that in the future African Americans would commonly use methamphetamine, and it would cost 1/9th of what we used to pay, and the potency would kick our shit out of the water I would never have believed it. Never. Lol. That's how much different things are now.

15 years ago you had to know somebody to get meth. Now you can go to the dude on the street corner and get more for twenty bucks than I used to pay fifty for, and now that I know somebody I get dimes that are WAY fatter and WAY more pure than what I used to get for fifty. These dimes might really contain as much actual meth as what I used to pay a hundred for that was stepped on.

Welcome to the future. 15 years ago they heavily restricted ephedrine and pseudo to try and stop us from getting high. Now here we are 15 years later and it's a FRACTION of the cost, higher purity, and available to everyone.

Isn't the future great?

That's how it is...people don't really do it there for whatever reason :shrug:

If’s definitely true about the Mexicans and AUstralia and it seems to changing the meth game in some unclear ways. AUstralia seems to have reasonably retail level operators (who maybe only sell an ounce minimum) who are effectively part of the “official” supply chain from the biggest and best producers in China and Burma. These organisations handle everything including importing as a vertically-integrated end-to-end business and deliver pretty much A grade pseudo-based most of the time. At that level of the minimum pounced sieze deal there is a lot of concern about quality and reputation. But they also funnel lesser quality into the market at different price points - like P2P from the Philippines.

But then smaller operators get hold of those ounces and do the bulk of street level dealing. They often do all kinds of shit to it before selling per gram or per point. At the same time non-Asian crime organisations (mostly Arab and Lebanese plus the bikies) do lots of large one-shot imports of variable quality meth and don’t seem to care what the quality is like.

Long story short, there is a lot of speculation as to whether the Mexicans are joining forces with those quality Asian organisations or working with the Arab, Lebanese, and bike shitbags on the other side of the market. But the offical reporting from different sources indicates that their product might already constitute at least double digit percentage points of the total Aussie market.

If’s definitely true about the Mexicans and AUstralia and it seems to changing the meth game in some unclear ways. AUstralia seems to have reasonably retail level operators (who maybe only sell an ounce minimum) who are effectively part of the “official” supply chain from the biggest and best producers in China and Burma. These organisations handle everything including importing as a vertically-integrated end-to-end business and deliver pretty much A grade pseudo-based most of the time. At that level of the minimum pounced sieze deal there is a lot of concern about quality and reputation. But they also funnel lesser quality into the market at different price points - like P2P from the Philippines.

But then smaller operators get hold of those ounces and do the bulk of street level dealing. They often do all kinds of shit to it before selling per gram or per point. At the same time non-Asian crime organisations (mostly Arab and Lebanese plus the bikies) do lots of large one-shot imports of variable quality meth and don’t seem to care what the quality is like.

Long story short, there is a lot of speculation as to whether the Mexicans are joining forces with those quality Asian organisations or working with the Arab, Lebanese, and bike shitbags on the other side of the market. But the offical reporting from different sources indicates that their product might already constitute at least double digit percentage points of the total Aussie market.
I don't know the precursor source of the stuff I had access to 15 years ago, but it seems like it would've been more likely to be pseudoephedrine based back then then than now. It was often clear shards, but I wouldn't trade it for the white crystals that's sold on street corners today. Also, it cost like 9x more back then.

So if that's what it's like for the Mexicans to take over then perhaps you Aussies are about to cheaper higher quality product than ever before.

It seems like between China, Burma, Laos (who someone posted recently just had a world record bust), and the Philippines you all would be swimming in it so your customs and coast guard/border guards (or whatever they are called there) must be far more effective than ours are.

It makes me wonder if the Chinese or someone else big doesn't keep the supply artificially low in order to keep prices so ridiculously high.

Prices around here are commonly 1/20th of what I've heard over in the Aussie thread.

I don't know the precursor source of the stuff I had access to 15 years ago, but it seems like it would've been more likely to be pseudoephedrine based back then then than now. It was often clear shards, but I wouldn't trade it for the white crystals that's sold on street corners today. Also, it cost like 9x more back then.

So if that's what it's like for the Mexicans to take over then perhaps you Aussies are about to cheaper higher quality product than ever before.

It seems like between China, Burma, Laos (who someone posted recently just had a world record bust), and the Philippines you all would be swimming in it so your customs and coast guard/border guards (or whatever they are called there) must be far more effective than ours are.

It makes me wonder if the Chinese or someone else big doesn't keep the supply artificially low in order to keep prices so ridiculously high.

Prices around here are commonly 1/20th of what I've heard over in the Aussie thread.
I kind of hope not because price is one of the factors keeping me away from meth. I’d be doomed if it only cost 1/20 what’s it does now.

I tend to unconsciously think of Mexican P2P meth being considerably less desireable than our Chinese pseudo-meth mainly because of the relentless posting people keep doing about meth quality in the US and how much the cartels ruined meth “like my uncle used to the hells angels”.

The one time someone gave me a some meth and told me it actually did come from Mexico I remember thinking it was pretty good and not really being able to tell the difference between it and what I normally take. But I was super tolerant and alrwady high that night so I didn’t trust my own judgement very much.

I kind of hope not because price is one of the factors keeping me away from meth. I’d be doomed if it only cost 1/20 what’s it does now.

I tend to unconsciously think of Mexican P2P meth being considerably less desireable than our Chinese pseudo-meth mainly because of the relentless posting people keep doing about meth quality in the US and how much the cartels ruined meth “like my uncle used to the hells angels”.

The one time someone gave me a some meth and told me it actually did come from Mexico I remember thinking it was pretty good and not really being able to tell the difference between it and what I normally take. But I was super tolerant and alrwady high that night so I didn’t trust my own judgement very much.
I don't put much stock in the n-iso paranoid threads or the "meh-dma" threads because that's not what my current experiences have revealed at all.

Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones then and happen to live on a major trade corridor or something. N-iso and meh-dma are not what I think I hear from most of the people on BL that live in the states though, or from my buddy in another state (he doesn't get high but sees it on the street all the time).

There's more high quality marijuana, meth, and h/fentadope where I live than at any point in time in history. Cheaper than ever, too.

The only drug that doesn't seem any cheaper at all is crack. I've never understood how anyone could ever afford to smoke crack.

Traditionally, P2P produced racemic methamphetamine while pseudoephedrine produced only the active d- isomer. AFAIK, l-methamphetamine doesn't work on the CNS, only the PNS, which is why it is still used in OTC decongestant inhalers in the US (as was mentioned in another thread earlier today).

You could say that, traditionally, P2P meth would be around half the strength of pseudo- meth, or that P2P meth's "purity" effectively capped out at 50%. The l- isomer might also caused some negative side effects on account of its peripheral activity, like vasoconstriction and hypertension, which could've contributed to a more "jittery" vibe.

Although it's not an exact parallel, the d- isomer of amphetamine (Dexedrine) is widely considered the smoothest form, while racemic amphetamine (street speed) is the jitteriest, even when caffeine is not a factor. Some people definitely prefer the extra jolt of bodily stimulation that l-amphetamine adds, but I don't know if that is or was the case with l-methamphetamine, since they do have different properties.

However, at some point in the recent past (maybe 10 years ago?), scientists from a cristal working-group at the [Redacted] Cartel's "brain trust" had a major breakthrough. Don't ask me how, but they managed to figure out turn P2P into a pure d- isomer product. (I assume they either put the finished racemic product through a new conversion process or they added some step(s)/ingredient(s) to the original synthesis process.)

So for all intents and purposes, today's Mexican P2P meth should be very similar to S.E. Asian pseudoephedrine meth in pharmacological terms. The DEA's most recent "year in drugs"' bulletin reported that the Mexican product is, on average, 97%+ pure d-methamphetamine (in wholesale and retail seizures alike).

On a different note, I've heard about a magazine article (possibly in The Atlantic?) in which the author queries whether the new P2P-to-dextro process might leave more toxic elements behind in the crystal, which in turn could cause brain damage to heavy users, which in turn would explain the increase in agitated, psychotic meth users on the street.

Even though I haven't bothered to find the article and read it entirely, I read an excerpt and got a summary from a trusted party, who said it was mostly speculation and hype without real evidence to support all the links on the chain that have to be true -- that the new P2P process leaves behind toxins that other processes don't, that those toxins are present in substantial quantities, and that they are actually causing unique damage to the brain.

The most obvious explanation for situation on the streets is simply: amphetamine psychosis. In this case, the "toxic byproduct" of the synthesis is the methamphetamine itself. The purer and cheaper it gets, the more toxic it becomes... and it's frighteningly cheap and pure on the West Coast right now.

I detect the scent of some unsavory Drug War hysterics in the article's idea that this "new meth" is totally different just because it's synthesized differently and that the "new meth-heads" are also totally different due to brain damage -- that they'll b unfixable, uncontrollable, and unresponsive to offers of help; that if they're permanently damaged, then they must be permanently deranged as well, and a permanent threat to public safety....

This is the third thread today talking about levomethamphetamine. I'm fairly certain that levometh is still fairly active as a norepinephrine releasing agent. Not so much dopamine at all.

If you're ever curious about the effects of levometh you need a Vick's inhaler. They contain 50mg each.

Crack it open, take out the plastic cotton on the inside and either extract it or chew it and you get the l-meth experience.

It's definitely stimulating. It's pretty jittery. It's not dysphoric. It's not euphoric.

It feels kind of like ephedrine, or maybe more like DMAA. I tried it a couple of times as a teenager. It's not reinforcing so I only tried it a couple of times.

It would definitely add something to the high of racemic meth.

I wouldn't poo poo racemic meth because it was present. Like I said it doesn't feel bad it's just not great on it's own. With the d isomer in the mix it might be kinda nice.

This is the third thread today talking about levomethamphetamine. I'm fairly certain that levometh is still fairly active as a norepinephrine releasing agent. Not so much dopamine at all.

If you're ever curious about the effects of levometh you need a Vick's inhaler. They contain 50mg each.

Crack it open, take out the plastic cotton on the inside and either extract it or chew it and you get the l-meth experience.

It's definitely stimulating. It's pretty jittery. It's not dysphoric. It's not euphoric.

It feels kind of like ephedrine, or maybe more like DMAA. I tried it a couple of times as a teenager. It's not reinforcing so I only tried it a couple of times.

It would definitely add something to the high of racemic meth.

I wouldn't poo poo racemic meth because it was present. Like I said it doesn't feel bad it's just not great on it's own. With the d isomer in the mix it might be kinda nice.
Interesting... Glad to have your impressions of it, since I'm not sure a decade has been long enough to recover the appetite for inhaler cottons that Benzedrex burned down, lol.

Overall, it does sound like it might have effects similar to l-amphetamine's when interacting with d-amphetamine in racemic speed or Adderall.
---------------
EDIT
I just got the first photography book by Larry Clark, called Tulsa, from the library. It begins in 1963 with pictures of fresh-faced teenagers, his buddies from high school, teaching each other how to shoot up with the speed they've extracted from drugstore inhalers.

The brand was called Valo and I think it was OTC. I found a picture of a Valo inhaler online and the contents are listed as "d- l- desoxyephedrine 50mg" which is racemic methamphetamine. The photos gets pretty grim as the clock advances to 1971, of course.

Last edited:
The main issue these days with P2P synthed methamphetamine is that inexperienced cooks either dont know the chemistry or how to remove the l-methamphetamine or simply leave it in to bulk up the final yield weight. The process of separating the dextromethamphetamine from the levomethamphetamine combination after a P2P cook is actually harder than the initial P2P>Racmic Combo Meth step.

bullshit any self respecting addict uses meth. hahahahaha jk..

ive always found it amazing how non-existent meth is in NJ....it's still looked at like it's garbage and/or a cheap replacement for coke, which is one of the easiest things to find in NJ....most ppl tend to think that's why it's hardly around - because there's so much coke

:shrug:

ive always found it amazing how non-existent meth is in NJ....it's still looked at like it's garbage and/or a cheap replacement for coke, which is one of the easiest things to find in NJ....most ppl tend to think that's why it's hardly around - because there's so much coke

Why would you ever want to waste your money on Coke? 1 line of Coke will keep you beaming for an hour. 1 line of Meth will keep you beaming for the entire day and then some.

Downside is Meth has a tendency to drive you crazy, which sucks. But eliminate that aspect and it’s a far superior drug to Cocaine in every regard.