• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Stimulants Methamphetamine in North America [Mega Merged]

San Diego held the title for "meth capital of the world" for many years. Many cities layed claim to that title including per the media in WA, Oregon, the midwest, ect... but SD has a scene that stretches back to GI's returning from the pacific theater during WWII (60 years) for any drug history buffs out there, the thread is called like SD: meth capital or somethig like this. Esentially, after WWII the Japanes pharm companies dumped IV meth formulations after WWII to a very demoralized population and an epidemic started. The taste for this drug was cultivated by GI's stationed in Japan and jumped from the Marshall Islands, Hawaii to SD were it made lanfall. Meth isn't as prevalent as far as I can tell these days (everyone was tweaking 80s-early 2000s) more in the North and East counties and in the gay community, but there still is a core scene as there is, albeit small in Japan (Shabu) and Hawaii (Ice) were its big last time I was in the Islands.

History lesson aside. Acording to KNPR, national public radio's fronteras desk cartels are restablishing labs in the US. Factors sited are decreased ability to access precursors (pseudo, ect...) from China so the labs have been moved north, in CA central valley in particular. I think smurfing has been honed into an art.

In the 90s CA was listed by the DEA as a source nation for meth, so much was being produced in the area. I remember the transition from P2P dope (crank) to glass or shardes, way better in the early to mid 90s, due to the ehphedrine based method yeilding d-meth. Shit got you sparked.

But my tweaking days are over. There is gonna be variability, especially with a drug as potent as meth. In Aus, I hear they have cutting it down to a science- there meth is considered a luxury drug paradoxically.

Careful, the drug can eat you up, especially when smoked- though I've met tweakers with 20- 30 + habits semi-functional which amazes me-especially in the gay community where its huge. The life of a tweaker tends to be a living hell from my experience.

Another drug called preludin was big up until maybe the 70's. Suprisingly an entreprenurial chemist never brought it back- its supposed to be the most pro sexual amphetamine type drugs- Sweden, another historic speed center had a big scene for it in the 50s. The Beattles used it, especially when they were touring through Hamburg back in the day.

This drug can rot your teath and lead to heart failure, MIs (heart attacks), and other cardiovascular conditions as well as pulmonary like COPD (emphysema). So not to preach, but in the interest of harm reduction, watch your speed- this drug can grab you by the balls- its very seductive and with long term use, usally destructive.

Last edited:
When I did meth the first time in 1995, it was better than I expected, but there was not alot of hype about it like nowdays. And it was really strong "crank" too, I was disapointed the first time I did Crystal aka Ice, it was not all that I expected it to be and I have had the really good Ice over the years and for some reason it's got long legs, lasts longer than powder meth ,but really good powder/rocks of crank seems to be more hardcore of a tweek than Ice does, IMO having done Ice and crank from all over the US,

We used to get some "peanut butter meth" from Cali in 98 and it was the best meth I have done in my life, counting Ice, and the shit looked like it was trash to the eye, like 4 diffrent shades of brown, some red flake looking also, a little orange tint to part, etc.. dude put a 1/4 gram or so in the spoon for me, put about 15 units of water on it, and it was clean as could be, turned the water bluish tinted, you could smell it across the room from that spoon, and after drawing it back into the rig, the 15 units of water combined with the meth had about 30 units of thick meth in solution, and I never got higher shooting any other speed, before or since, especially Ice, it is a nice high ,but does not have the "superman on steroids feeling" that really good 90's crank gave me and most others I know from then who have done both.

Coke in Memphis is cheap as hell and very pure if you know a few cool dealers, not crackheads or coke users, but the gang type guys I know that smoke weed only and never use coke, they have better coke, purer consitantly fire, and always cheap, especially for an 8-Ball, lol..you can buy one gram for x amount of money or spend the money that equals 2 grams and get a weighed out 8 ball for the price of 2 grams of street price,or a little less.

peanut butter meth sounds great never heard of it before, the only stuff in no of meth is from the forums or on tv, we dont get it in uk... wish we did as would really love to try it.. i tried to buy it off the *snip NO SOURCES* but was ripped off. twice...i no it was silly thing to do but i was desperate to just try even the once.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Southern United States tends to love their meth. I personally have never touched the stuff or wanted to on the opposite side of the drug spectrum as in Heroin downers and the such. But it is everywhere from people blowing up the trailor parks to huge superlabs in mexico making tons of the stuff and sending it across the border.

How does one start using meth? Like for heroin users, mostly all of them started out using pain killers, and then when they were low on cash and sick, they made the switch. Most people don't just go straight to hard drugs. Is there a typical pattern in methamphetamine use, with a particular gateway drug? I know there are pharm amps, but I'm not sure that many people use them before meth.

How does one start using meth? Like for heroin users, mostly all of them started out using pain killers, and then when they were low on cash and sick, they made the switch. Most people don't just go straight to hard drugs. Is there a typical pattern in methamphetamine use, with a particular gateway drug? I know there are pharm amps, but I'm not sure that many people use them before meth.

actually i know a few ppl that used meth as their first drug.

but how do peoplle start meth? the shits no. 1 street drug here, its everywhere. so usually its a friend or acquiantance that will offer someone meth. maybe the meth user used cocaine before using meth, and was interested in meth cause meth is cheaper and lasts much longer than cocaine. gang members here love their g (glass aka crystal meth), i would get my g from gangsters during high school, i first did meth in my senior year, i was 17. and gangsters now are my connection for g and black, often a dope dealer is on g and selling it

Same here RockMonster in my area meth was the drug of choice among teens,colllege aged people, rich,poor middle class, lawyers,bankers,blue collar people ,every type of person you can imagine did it to varying levels, I smoked weed first, and coke,etc..then meth, and then on to better things and left the speed behind, but I know of people that never have smoked weed in 20 years that did meth first!! and still do it, never smoking weed, usually it is in the bars locally, or used to be big time, like coke in bars in other places, meth was here, and weed, etc.. but meth use is white,black,mexican,asian,etc,,young to very old, rich as hell to poor as fuck!! A lot of drunk people did it to "keep drinking and partying all night, snort this line,etc.. and see!!" And many did and never looked back, till the cops got them, they died, or like me, got the fuck away from it!!

The best place to get purity data would be the DEA Micrograms ( interlab publication available @ dea.gov). You'd have to do a little collation, but you'd be working w/ data not anecdote.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think that the microgram reports are even still available. There was someone who used to post them regularly here and I remember them saying that they aren't up anymore. Something like that anyways. I know I read it on here at least.

How does one start using meth? For me, I was bored of heroin and DEFINITELY SICK of coke. And everything else, for that matter. So when someone asked me to go with 'em to score some ice I said "I'm in!" I have major depressive disorder (MDD) which means low energy so I like the energy it gives me. I can eat, sleep, and have the best sex of my life on ice. I don't get paranoid, pick my face and stay up for days at a time, either. And I get my apartment super clean. Everything in moderation. Plus, I do like my teeth! :)

Question for cooks/smokers: WTF is that brown stuff that remains in the pipe that smells like gun cleaner? I use a torch and I *think* that I have heated the ice too hot for too long and it reverts back to one of the precursers? Or what...? When it gets like that I take a Q-Tip and remove the rest of the residue (a little tiny
puddle) and toss it. It tastes "TERRIBLE."

For me meth isnt a party drug, its a manual labor drug. Good for working long hours

Also great for sex, if a chicks into it.. wouldnt buy any mahself

For party/sex coke>>>meth period.

But all drugs are bad not used in moderation

Meth kicks alota ppls ass, thats for sure

Ya, GREAT FOR SEX-CAN MAKE YOU SUPER FREAKY, TOO! I used to be able to have clitoral orgasms but rarely could have a vaginal orgasm. After I did ice for the first time in the Fall of 2010 the doors blew wide open. Now not only do I know what I want, I know how to get it. Everyone used to tell me that sex on meth was great, and truly, SEXXX ON METH ROCKED MY WORLD. If you have not tapped azz on ice you are missing out. And I have never been one to encourage "drug use" as it sometimes turns into drug "abuse" and I have personally witnessed the heartbreak and devastation drug "abuse" visits upon its victims.

Hey everyone,

Just moved to South Florida from a long ways away and was wondering what the meth situAtion is down here?

We can't tell you where to look for drugs. I moved this into the correct thread. The dope thread you posted in is a heroin thread, since most people call heroin dope. -Tommyboy

ty

Last edited:
Meth is greatness, I've been using it for years off and on, and never got close to getting addicted. Good stuff.

Awhile back, one of my friends (who I met at a rave) was big into the gay/circuit scene in west hollywood. I came across it through them as it's pretty prevalent in that scene. Since they were constantly doing it, curiosity got the best of me. I was against it for a while before that. Amphetamines are done in the rave scene but it's not as common. If we were to go by gateway "drug", I was constantly doing MDMA before that.

Where I live the only people you hear about doin meth are the trailer park boys and shit. ofcourse there are others that you dont here about. Everybodys cousin, neice, or bestfriends brother is doin tha shit. Big fan of it!

So many people do this drug in california, it sure is an epidemic as they say. Lots of meth labs too, if you know where to look/cook haha.

The quality and potency is astonishingly high for what you'd expect even once it gets to the street level. It's rarely cut much and is as close to IV-grade as I've ever seen on the streets.

It's literally an awesome drug when treated with the respect it deserves, but will put you in your place should you recklessly abuse it.

I would think that alot of meth around the states is decently pure compared to coke because of cook to user, instead of cartel, dealer, dealer, dealer user. Is this not correct?

That's definitely been a major factor of my theory, it's domestically made not imported, most people get it directly (or almost) from the source.

I don't know if that's the case now.(Pseudo)ephedrine and P2P/P2P precursors are harder to get in the US. They're putting cook inhibiting gak in the cold pills. Most domestic cooks make small batches.

It seems shake and bake is all the rage, since it's simple, OTC, and will give you usable but inferior meth with even shitty pills.I'm split between thinking the guy who invented shake and bake was either a genius or insane. I think Red, White, and Blue might still be common in some areas. I think most meth in the US is made in Mexican drug factories. Calling the factories in Mexico or Burma labs or even super labs(defined by the DEA as capable of making 10 pounds or more a day) doesn't do them justice. They do it by the ton.

I read that most of the Mexican dope is now made with P2P from ethyl phenylacetate or from various (pseudo)ephedrine pills from all over the world. They switched after pure ephedrine became much harder to get.Interestingly they actually take the time to resolve it to D-meth, since they've seized tartaric acid. I wonder if they racemize the leftover L-meth, or just throw it out? I've heard from some that well made DL-meth is better than D-meth alone, but you've said it just has a terrible edge.

I wonder what method do the Mexican cartels use with P2P, the "Hatch-Feinstein reduction", the biker method, the Fester/Euro method, or nickel? I know they use HI/P with ephedrine, don't seem to fuck with ammonia.

In Burma they just started making ephedrine from scratch when the legit (pseudo)ephedrine and ephedra makers couldn't supply them enough.In Burma and Asia they use the Emde or Rosemond method, the real "Nazi" method. Although I don't think they were Nazis.

A lot of people thought yaba was going to hit the US, never happened. Hmm, vanilla flavored meth.It'd be nice if it were cheap.

Strangely, what's called the Nazi method was a spin off from AUSTRALIAN, not Austrian, chemist who's research was the basis for an US scientific article in the 1970's.In the late 1980's some ingenious chemist extrapolated from the article, and invented a totally new way to cook dope,slightly different from the original. Sadly, he order ephedrine in bulk with his real name from a legit chem supplier, the DEA caught him:(. But his method was famous for working with even impure precursors like straight pills. It then morphed into shake and bake.

The media makes it seem like every tweaker cooks their own shit. Is there really places where all the dope is home made?With fucking ammonia. I've only heard of red, white and blue.

I think, if the market doesn't get flooded with Mexican or Asian dope, P2P will make a come back in the US.

I remember back in the early 2000's there was this shit that was Straight Fire. It was long, window glass clear, well formed, almost perfect prisms, like a crystal in a cartoon, a few millimeters thick. It absorbed water rapidly, you couldn't hold it for long without melting.It had little taste or scent when smoked. It was a fucking great high, lasted forever, very clean, and potent.In fact, I'm not sure it was even meth and not some designer drug!

I keep looking for dope like it, some is good but still never as good. I can't find a picture on the internet that looks like this shit. If this person who made it wasn't a chemist, they would be a master chef:D. But there's hope. One DEA Microgram found bricks of meth that was 99.7% pure! You could make Desoxyn with that shit. I swear they must have been made by a real-life Walter White.

Last edited:

I had only tried weed at the time..maybe ecstasy once. My gf dumped my ass so I started lookking for some coke. Only found a meth dealer ha. So at 16 I hopped right on. Anything to make the pain go away. First time I binged and was up nearly 11 days. I was out of my damn mind.

Next drug was heroin and immediately switched. Did that dance for 6-7yrs and now I'm trying to quit dope and just go back to meth. If anything, what fucked my shit up was being dependent on opiates. Not the addictive part, but being dependent on opiates and needing a fix every 8-10hrs a bitch and a half. Sure its not heroin, can't even begin to compare the two..but at least I'm no longer physically dependent on a drug. Well, aside from suboxone that is.