Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

methamphetamine "base" & freebase & IV'ing question

chugs

Bluelighter
I've read My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine! (what a great thread), Wet/ Greasy Speed and a few other threads on methamphetamine / amphetamines yet haven't been able to discern an answer to my concerns from these great threads...

It maybe a bit of a long post so I'll break it down - first bit re questions on base / freebase and the 2nd bit about IV'ing this substance).

I basically have some questions to clarify street methamphetamine terms and how one can distinguish HCI form of methamphetamine from the Freebase form.

"my friends friends uncle's postman's brother, sisters baby's, mothers uncle" has told me (through all those people) of methamphetamine, that he calls "base", that is almost liquid. He claims he has to cut this down with glucose since apparently its really really strong.

I have been lead to believe that true freebase is a transparent liquid that maintains some viscosity.

Yet I am lead to believe that true freebase is almost never sold on the street level and that the common term "base" refers to simply methamphetamine which has been converted to a HCI form and adulterated to the point where it becomes liquid/gluggy (still being quite strong I guess), of course that would mean that its probably not the best "base" but hey its a drug.

How can one tell the difference. Can you place the substances on a pan and see if it boils at a certain temperature thus indicating whether its salt or freebase?

I've read in posts that true freebase should be transparent. If this is the case would containments either cloud or discolour the drug thus making it an unreliable indicator as to whether you have freebase?

and i'm sure you can't smell the difference....

ok 2nd bit.

I've been lead to believe IV'ing true freebase speed will kill you, no matter what (anyone tried?). If one did have a freebase form of methamphetamine is there any practical way of converting it to a salt form. When I say practical I mean as easy as CWE for codeine is?

If not what would be the best harm minimisation route? I hate snorting so would drinking it be safe? If this stuff is as casutic (to the membrames in your nose) then would it do to your throat and stomach?

Lastly what is the terminology one needs to say when buying a micron filter (when picking up some injecting gear) from a pharmacy?

If the gear you're using is freebase, it won't readily dissolve in water. Sometimes a little bit of heat will help it along, or you can add a small amount of an acid (like white vinegar) to conver it to a salt.

Regarding injecting the freebase, I've never heard of any specific dangers, other than it's probably more damaging to veins than the salt forms of meth.

As for requesting micron filters, I doubt you'll find them in your average pharmacy. They are generally only available from larger needle and syringe programs (NSPs). You can get them from NUAA's NSP which is at 345 Crown St Surry Hills, or Sharpe's Traditional and Herbal Pharmacy at 12-14 Flinders St Darlinghurst.

There are other NSPs that stock them in Sydney, but those are the only ones I can come up with at the moment. If these locations are nowhere near you, try giving NUAA a call (02) 8354 7300 and they should be able to tell you where to find them.