• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine bad reaction help

TracyTracy

Greenlighter
I have been using meth most of my adult life. I am 42 and I am always trying to stay clean but relapse every 3 months or so. The shame and guilt over ride everything when I relapse. So I sometimes barely have a good high because emotionally I am so upset at the fact I am using again. I try to stop and three days of sleep I start again. Twice I did this in the past two weeks and this lady time I did some strong meth because I got a completely different reaction that scared me. I felt immensely depressed unloved alone scared. Negative all over me and my neck started hurting and headaches that wouldn’t go away. My blood sugars stayed high ( I am a diabetic ) and I was so stuck and uncomfierable. I finally fell asleep for a couple hours but woke up not feeling that much better. Used some in morning so I could work that day but again put me in a complete depressed funk and the pain in my neck is unbearable. I know I need to stop using but I have to get through next two days somehow before I can crash. Any advice about what I can do to help my pains I am stuck with ? Supplements? Anything ? Any observations about what was happening to me would be good too. Should I take a benzo maybe ? Thanks everyone !
T

Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time Tracy. Why do you have to get through the next two days before you can take a break from the meth?

Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time Tracy. Why do you have to get through the next two days before you can take a break from the meth?
I have to work, we are so broke and I will most likely loose my job if I call out at this point, so trying to get through it before I stop, I don't know honestly. I probably should just let shit fall where it falls and stop, but I am conflicted, and this is just odd behaviors for me. I don't do a lot ever, but I think I am really depressed too.

Could the pain in your neck just be a muscle strain? Have you tried taking a painkiller to see if it eases?

Sometimes benzos (at low doses) do help alleviate some of the less pleasant symptoms of meth (when the trips is going badly, as in your case). But beware, because they are doing basically the opposite to the meth (a downer vs an upper), and it can thus cause you to take too much of either, depending.

Maybe just to get through the next couple of days you should consider taking as small of doses as possible.... basically just enough to get you through the day and no more. Forget chasing any sort of a high. Might help with the intensity of side effects and will also help lessen the crash when you do stop. And maybe try just taking it orally, unless that is how you're already doing it.

Try to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. A multivitamin might help. The benzos will help you get to sleep at night.

For what it's worth, I had a very heavy stimulant problem years ago that I eventually beat. I was in a similar situation where I was trying to stop but kept relapsing over and over and over. And when I did relapse it was usually a very shitty high followed by shitty feelings. I'd get so depressed, feel so guilty and so damn hopeless. It was awful.

Eventually I was able to fully accept that I had to stop. It took a long time to get to that point - the point where I finally fully committed to stopping - but once I did then I was able to avoid relapse. Still wasn't easy but basically I had to get to the point where I wanted to quit badly enough that I finally made it happen. I just had to drag myself through years of hell and many many failed attempts at quitting before finally getting there.

Is there a possibility the meth is a different drug altogether? Does it physically look and feel like meth or is it more easily crushable into a powder, there's this faux meth around and is discussed in Australian drug discussion, Isopropylbenzamine or similar name, also a scourge in the States...

Anyway regardless, there are some things you can do to make yourself feel better.

Take a magnesium supplement for the aches and pains, drink an isotopic sports water as well.

Hsve a nice refreshing warm bath with addition of re doc or Epsom salts. That will help you feel less sketchy.

Don't be hard on yourself mate. I'm 44 and been using for my adult life, started before meth took over and do prefer speed which is basically extinct.

You're doing well you know. It's very hard to be an occasional user of the most psychologically addictive substance on earth (imo).

If you feel you are in danger of job loss, you don't have to disclose using and see not a good idea to do that.

You can ask for time off or take leave if you have any or ask for leave without pay if they do that. May be you're having personal issues and need to take time to sort it.

Getting sleep is very important and phenergan does help, try to get some valium or at a stretch seroquel for sleep.

See your doctor and have a chat about sleep aids, that's the one thing besides maintaining your diet and fluids that will get you on the right track.

If you want a mate to talk to I'm here, many of us have and are in the same boat. I'm clean as of 6 weeks due to lack of funds and a douchebag standing me up last weekend only, it's easier after a time but I don't intend on going straight at all.

Reactions: CFC
Is there a possibility the meth is a different drug altogether? Does it physically look and feel like meth or is it more easily crushable into a powder, there's this faux meth around and is discussed in Australian drug discussion, Isopropylbenzamine or similar name, also a scourge in the States...

Anyway regardless, there are some things you can do to make yourself feel better.

Take a magnesium supplement for the aches and pains, drink an isotopic sports water as well.

Hsve a nice refreshing warm bath with addition of re doc or Epsom salts. That will help you feel less sketchy.

Don't be hard on yourself mate. I'm 44 and been using for my adult life, started before meth took over and do prefer speed which is basically extinct.

You're doing well you know. It's very hard to be an occasional user of the most psychologically addictive substance on earth (imo).I to

If you feel you are in danger of job loss, you don't have to disclose using and see not a good idea to do that.

You can ask for time off or take leave if you have any or ask for leave without pay if they do that. May be you're having personal issues and need to take time to sort it.

Getting sleep is very important and phenergan does help, try to get some valium or at a stretch seroquel for sleep.

See your doctor and have a chat about sleep aids, that's the one thing besides maintaining your diet and fluids that will get you on the right track.

If you want a mate to talk to I'm here, many of us have and are in the same boat. I'm clean as of 6 weeks due to lack of funds and a douchebag standing me up last weekend only, it's easier after a time but I don't intend on going straight at all.
I totally thought of that myself.. like, what is this drug, who knows.. I hate that risk. We never know what we are getting so we don't even know whats to blame for things like this. I have taken personal time a few times before for this very reason, I have a past for sure. I shouldn't be using obviously, but when I get like this, stuck, depressed, scared, all of the above feelings taking me over, I can't figure out how to make decisions about work and life, and I just isolate and ya, just living miserably here. I just want to get out of this funk so I can think clear but maybe that just won't happen. I really thought maybe I was deficient in something that I am not aware of, that I could fix, but thats silly thinking too. Thanks for the advice and friend call! Ya talking here helps a lot.

Maybe just to get through the next couple of days you should consider taking as small of doses as possible.... basically just enough to get you through the day and no more. Forget chasing any sort of a high. Might help with the intensity of side effects and will also help lessen the crash when you do stop. And maybe try just taking it orally, unless that is how you're already doing it.

Try to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. A multivitamin might help. The benzos will help you get to sleep at night.

For what it's worth, I had a very heavy stimulant problem years ago that I eventually beat. I was in a similar situation where I was trying to stop but kept relapsing over and over and over. And when I did relapse it was usually a very shitty high followed by shitty feelings. I'd get so depressed, feel so guilty and so damn hopeless. It was awful.

Eventually I was able to fully accept that I had to stop. It took a long time to get to that point - the point where I finally fully committed to stopping - but once I did then I was able to avoid relapse. Still wasn't easy but basically I had to get to the point where I wanted to quit badly enough that I finally made it happen. I just had to drag myself through years of hell and many many failed attempts at quitting before finally getting there.
You sound so much like me. That gives me hope at least, I worry this will never end, but I keep trying and I do learn each time too, but I just still make insanely stupid decisions. Thanks again

If you have a decent swimming pool that's heated , public pool or not, spend some time regularly in it.

I have gotten into swimming a couple times a week as my daughter insisted on going. I found the water and just mucking around in it to be very good for mind and body in times of getting off the shit, also when actively using as well.

I found this to be highly informative when I found myself with a "bad batch" Symptoms hit me all over. This chemical is pretty horrid and has cravings for more even with the fucking side effects. It's crazy. Be careful out there. Hope you feel better soon, if it is this shit, throw it the fuck away!

I found this to be highly informative when I found myself with a "bad batch" Symptoms hit me all over. This chemical is pretty horrid and has cravings for more even with the fucking side effects. It's crazy. Be careful out there. Hope you feel better soon, if it is this shit, throw it the fuck away!
Thanks so much man!

If you have a decent swimming pool that's heated , public pool or not, spend some time regularly in it.

I have gotten into swimming a couple times a week as my daughter insisted on going. I found the water and just mucking around in it to be very good for mind and body in times of getting off the shit, also when actively using as well.
Really appreciate this !

I have been using meth most of my adult life. I am 42 and I am always trying to stay clean but relapse every 3 months or so. The shame and guilt over ride everything when I relapse. So I sometimes barely have a good high because emotionally I am so upset at the fact I am using again. I try to stop and three days of sleep I start again. Twice I did this in the past two weeks and this lady time I did some strong meth because I got a completely different reaction that scared me. I felt immensely depressed unloved alone scared. Negative all over me and my neck started hurting and headaches that wouldn’t go away. My blood sugars stayed high ( I am a diabetic ) and I was so stuck and uncomfierable. I finally fell asleep for a couple hours but woke up not feeling that much better. Used some in morning so I could work that day but again put me in a complete depressed funk and the pain in my neck is unbearable. I know I need to stop using but I have to get through next two days somehow before I can crash. Any advice about what I can do to help my pains I am stuck with ? Supplements? Anything ? Any observations about what was happening to me would be good too. Should I take a benzo maybe ? Thanks everyone !
T
I have been using meth most of my adult life. I am 42 and I am always trying to stay clean but relapse every 3 months or so. The shame and guilt ov ride everything when I relapse. So I sometimes barely have a good high because emotionally I am so upset at the fact I am using again. I try to stop and three days of sleep I start again. Twice I did this in the past two weeks and this lady time I did some strong meth because I got a completely different reaction that scared me. I felt immensely depressed unloved alone scared. Negative all over me and my neck started hurting and headaches that wouldn’t go away. My blood sugars stayed high ( I am a diabetic ) and I was so stuck and uncomfierable. I finally fell asleep for a couple hours but woke up not feeling that much better. Used some in morning so I could work that day but again put me in a complete depressed funk and the pain in my neck is unbearable. I know I need to stop using but I have to get through next two days somehow before I can crash. Any advice about what I can do to help my pains I am stuck with ? Supplements? Anything ? Any observations about what was happening to me would be good too. Should I take a benzo maybe ? Thanks everyone !
T
Hi Tracey Tracey, I actually got on here today because I had that same reaction last night anda week earlier but off a drive fferent dealer. I shot it and felt great good rush then an hour or so later start doing head in and stomach ache , and the worst migraine and horrible cumdowm. I took point in the morning and couldn’t sleep that night but felt pretty sick.

....after you can get some clean time from the meth, see if you are still depressed. If the low mood persists (without any drugs involved), it could possibly be a sign of clinical depression. I had severe depression for 8 years and it would still be just as severe if I hadn't found some meds that helped. I don't want to come off as "preachy" but figured I"d mention the depression thing as I just came out of an depressive episode that lasted many years.

Im not saying there isn't bad meth out there or even that that iso crap isnt a real thing, but im pretty certain that the rumors and first hand accounts are badly overblown. And that article is also full of contradictions and inconsistancies on top of being purely theoretical. Every symptom the author lists are classic effects of a very long run. It comes to an end and you can't figure out why the drug isnt working and why every hit leaves you feeling worse and worse.
Thats what happens when your brain is simply tapped out.
At that point you could have Walter White hand you a bag of dope and you'd be convinced it was fake.
Maybe the author meant well or maybe it was put up just to mess with paranoid tweakers, idk. But do not take any of it as scientific.

Im not saying there isn't bad meth out there or even that that iso crap isnt a real thing, but im pretty certain that the rumors and first hand accounts are badly overblown. And that article is also full of contradictions and inconsistancies on top of being purely theoretical. Every symptom the author lists are classic effects of a very long run. It comes to an end and you can't figure out why the drug isnt working and why every hit leaves you feeling worse and worse.
Thats what happens when your brain is simply tapped out.
At that point you could have Walter White hand you a bag of dope and you'd be convinced it was fake.
Maybe the author meant well or maybe it was put up just to mess with paranoid tweakers, idk. But do not take any of it as scientific.

I agree with you but i can also say that there is a big quality difference in the experience between type A "meth" (hard to crush larger irregular and basically clear crystals) and type B "meth" (crumbly, smaller but longer regular cloudy crystals). Both get you high, but type A seems more "clean" & "authentic" to the ideal of euphoric meth. In most cases here one seems to get a lucky dip containing both types. I don't know if type B is predominately ISO - it meets many criteria in the article but never made me or anyone I know sick but it's low quality junk.

Yeah i said it in another thread that we're never going to know what's what with 100% certainty until there's an affordable and reliable way to test purity levels. If/when that ever happens you'll see consistency and quality levels skyrocket.
Only thing that would have me scratching my head and even consider suspecting Isopropawhatever would be seeing a new user ingest the drug and 5 minutes later them telling me they don't feel jack. My tolerance presently I feel is too unreliable to accurately know if something isn't right.

Yeah i said it in another thread that we're never going to know what's what with 100% certainty until there's an affordable and reliable way to test purity levels. If/when that ever happens you'll see consistency and quality levels skyrocket.
Only thing that would have me scratching my head and even consider suspecting Isopropawhatever would be seeing a new user ingest the drug and 5 minutes later them telling me they don't feel jack. My tolerance presently I feel is too unreliable to accurately know if something isn't right.

Yep. A clear-cut purity test would earn someone a small fortune if they invented one.

My experience if isopropowhatever is that people spin out for a bit more than 5 minutes. It’s more like 2 hours before they are madly redosing (IV users) but eventually falling asleep within about 6 hours of first dose. Was always hard for me to judge because of tolerance same as you. I was Also having .2 or .3 shots so was never sure whether I was falling asleep because I was over amped after the second or third shot.

people spin out for a bit more than 5 minutes. It’s more like 2 hours before they are madly redosing (IV users) but eventually falling asleep within about 6 hours of first dose. Was always hard for me to judge because of tolerance same as you. I was Also having .2 or .3 shots so was never sure whether I was falling asleep because I was over amped after the second or third shot.
To me, that just seems like way too much of a convenient coincidence that there's another substance out there that looks almost identical to real dope, produces temporary meth-like effects, is "smokable", all while being impervious to an acetone wash just like real meth :rolleyes:
That would be every wholesaler's dream come true lol. Not saying i don't believe you, just that tolerance is no joke, and if you get an idea planted in your head that there's this substance out there, suddenly you're paying attention to every little aspect of the high and psyching yourself out. You read some list of "documented symptoms" and not surprising - almost everything matches up! And with a high tolerance you've just ruined any shot at enjoying the high you had, even if it wasn't spectacular.