• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine and SSRI and SNRI’s

I really don't know about the medication that gives you dopamine. I don't think any meds gives you dopamine. I do know anti-psychotic meds take away dopamine.
If you're not getting high of meth it's because you used up all you're dopamine. You should take a 11 day to 2 week break and I guarantee you will get high again.

Wellbutrin is a dopamine-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Abilify is a partial dopamine agonist(and also a partial dopamine antagonist). Caffeine increases and enhances dopamine. Synthroid interferes with dopamine functions. Beta-blockers like propranolol, act in an opposing fashion to dopamine in regulating aspects of cardiovascular activity, and can act to block the dopaminergic receptors in the brain. Paradoxically, propranolol acts as a dopaminergic agonist in other areas of regulation such as temperature and central nervous system functions. Itis more complex than I am able to understand. Both Parkinson's and Parkinson's medications can radically effect dopamine causing dysregulation. ascorbic acid and vitamin D can increase the neurotoxicity of dopamine. The dopamine system is very complex and serves functions in the nervous system, renal system and hepatic system as well as the gut, it contributes to temperature regulation.

I know very little about any of it though I think of it as a vital puzzle. I feel I may be very dopamine impaired and that it may be partially native to me and partially the result of medications. My brain and body never used to crave stimulant drugs that so radically increase dopamine before I got bogged down on medications that changed my dopamine system and potentially depleted or damaged it.

Wellbutrin is a dopamine-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Abilify is a partial dopamine agonist(and also a partial dopamine antagonist). Caffeine increases and enhances dopamine. Synthroid interferes with dopamine functions. Beta-blockers like propranolol, act in an opposing fashion to dopamine in regulating aspects of cardiovascular activity, and can act to block the dopaminergic receptors in the brain. Paradoxically, propranolol acts as a dopaminergic agonist in other areas of regulation such as temperature and central nervous system functions. Itis more complex than I am able to understand. Both Parkinson's and Parkinson's medications can radically effect dopamine causing dysregulation. ascorbic acid and vitamin D can increase the neurotoxicity of dopamine. The dopamine system is very complex and serves functions in the nervous system, renal system and hepatic system as well as the gut, it contributes to temperature regulation.

I know very little about any of it though I think of it as a vital puzzle. I feel I may be very dopamine impaired and that it may be partially native to me and partially the result of medications. My brain and body never used to crave stimulant drugs that so radically increase dopamine before I got bogged down on medications that changed my dopamine system and potentially depleted or damaged it.

To complicate matters there are different kINds of dopamine receptors at different sites in tHe brain that respond differentially to different chemicals/meds/drugs - so just knowing that something is an agonist or antagonist of dopamine generally only tells part of the picture of hows it will effect the subjective effects of amphetamines.

Also dopamine is not the whole story with amphetamines. A large part of their subjective effect is from what they do in the norepInephrine system (of which dopamine also a precursor). Dopamine accounts for pleasure in may ways but it is noripinephrine that accounts for energy, focus, concentration, stereotypy behaviour and a bunch of other fun parts of the total amp experIence,