• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine abuse leading to addiction - 18 year old - PLEASE HELP.

outcesticide90s

Greenlighter
Hey guys, swim has been reading over Bluelight forums for a while now and has only just recent been tempted to post. Before swim even so much as touched gear, he was a heavy pot smoker (1-3 grams a day at LEAST), had dabbled in lots of other drugs such as psychedelics, other amphetamines, etc. Swim was always against meth, claiming that he'd never touch the shit because of the amount of friends he'd seen in his home town (almost completely run my meth) lose their soul and everything they ever had going for them, just for a drug. Swim never thought that just trying it once would open his mind to a whole new world of staying up for days on end, feeling powerful and more intelligent than anybody else he encountered. As soon as his new group of friends he had met at a rave pulled out that pipe and bag full of rocks, he had a gut feeling. Now swim always trusts his gut feeling, it's a natural instinct for him. Anyway, he was 16 at the time and was living independently away from home with a couple in their 20's (who were a part of his new group of 'friends), and completely indulged in the drug. He started selling marijuana to fund it, forgetting to eat and drink water until almost passing out at school in front of all his teachers. Until swim then got the scare of his life when a dealer he thought he trusted, gave him a 'free' sample of some new rock he was meant to be getting. He weighed all up .25 of a gram, and sent me on my way assuring me to remember to eat and to let him know when I needed more. To cut a long story short, the dealer broke it to swim that he had to pay up, and being completely broke, swim broke down to his parents. The debt got paid, and swim scared himself away from meth for a long time, and managed to build himself back up to the person he was again. He put on all the weight he had lost, and he was fine.

To cut the story even shorter there swim is in the present day, very afraid. He's relapsed through out this year on and off when he could afford it (never bought more than about .25 of a gram because gear is ridiculously expensive where swims from). Swim moved back to his home town with his mother without any intention of going near his old friends, or even so much as thinking that only one night on the pipe won't hurt. He is now worried he is going to keep going, and relapse over and over again. He has run out of income, he is now 60kg and losing weight fast. Swim thinks that he may have damaged his head.

Do any experienced people who have recovered from this nasty shit have any insight for him? He's young and scared, and know's he's got the amount of potential to turn his life around and the intelligence to make the right decisions. But for some reason he keeps spiraling. His father was known to have addictive personalities, but this is something else. Is he going to be okay? Or should he just commit himself into the ward already? Swim just wants to know that there are people out there that have dabbled like he has but that are FINE TO THIS DAY AND DON'T THINK ABOUT METH 24/7.

PLEASE HELP
:(

Welcome to Bluelight! Just for future reference we don't use swim here.

Have you thought about attending NA or AA meetings? They help a lot of people, myself included. You may also consider going to rehab and getting a fresh start on things.

I'm in recovery and would be glad to talk. My doc was heroin but I can relate to addiction. Best of luck to you!

I relapse time after time but with alcohol.I can relate to addiction and as of now I dont have any answers its always gonna be tempting me, it permanently fucked up my GI system.So I made a trade off.Im rx'd Benzos 4x/day just to be able to deal with life.Addiction is a bitch that I havent been able to fuck yet.It takes a Hell of mental strength, that we gotta eventually obtain, or eventually fall victim to.Good Luck and dont ever give up.

Well the good thing about stimulant addiction is that, as long as you haven't been abusing them for a long period of time, it's pretty easy to get over the addiction as long as you manage to abstain for a certain period of time. It's not really like opiates which people seem to endlessly obsess over for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, meth is quite addictive and there are people who instantly take to it, but it makes your life spiral out of control really fast, a hell of a lot faster than opiates, with an accompanying physical and mental decline, and this usually makes people snap out of it. You're lucky that it's expensive where you live, where I live 0.25 grams of meth costs about as much as a dinner for two at a chain restaurant. The quality is awesome too, if you know the right people. I had a problematic relationship with it at one point, I pretty much burned a hole in my nose from snorting it frequently. Doing the whole up for 36+ hours on 3 hours of sleep, etc. It just got old for me, though. It's extremely fun when you first get high (maybe even the best high from drugs I've ever experienced in my life, and I've done quite a few) but after the initial high I'd always get rapidly diminishing returns until it felt like my whole body ached and I wanted to go to sleep but couldn't. Not enjoyable.

You know that you've got intelligence, so realize that you're not a slave to a chemical & stop using it if it's making your life suck.