• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Methadone + Xanax = Lethal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you'll be fine man. the key thing here is you spaced those doses of xanax apart. thats a real good thing you did that. i mean, i was on 60mg

maintenance too and i would pop 2-3 bars and still wake up alive:D it can be potentially lethal but usually in a higher does of methadone thatn usual combined with a big dose of benzos at once.

you'll be fine man. the key thing here is you spaced those doses of xanax apart. thats a real good thing you did that. i mean, i was on 60mg

maintenance too and i would pop 2-3 bars and still wake up alive:D it can be potentially lethal but usually in a higher does of methadone thatn usual combined with a big dose of benzos at once.

hey there I'm on 105mgs n take 3mg xanax per day, sometimes i have taken valium as well, i presume its all depending on tolerance;)best of luck

Hiy'a all,

As i write this post, i'm kinda shitting myself in fear,
it's 10:30 at night, and i dunno whether or not to go
to the emergency room or what, i'm too scared to
sleep that's for sure. You see, i took 2.5mg of xanax
today, in separate doses, 3 hours apart, the last one
i took was about 4 hours ago, and i also am on methadone
maintenance treatment, 50mg, which i dosed at this morning
about 13 hours ago. I Just read that mixing xanax and methadone
is a lethal combination, and that if i go to sleep i won't wake up.

Has anyone else had experience with this? What is your opinions?

a good friend of mine died a few years back from mixing methadone and clonazepam, he had a massive tolerance to benzos and opiates at the time as well, the danger is in mixing two or more cns depressants that both retard your ability to breathe. one potentiates the other and tolerance or not, you will eventually end up blue if you make a habit of mixing cns depressants.

my suboxone doctor is also the coordinator for the 1 out of 2 methadone clinics in Buffalo, NY; he to,d me they lose 3 patients a week on average from mixing benzos with they're methadone dose. very lethal

Very helpful thread. i have a question . if i took 40 mg of methadone and 30 mg of restirol is that lethal?

Honestly if you dont know how close you are to OD'ing after years of doing opiates and being on methadone, idk what to tell you.

You should know if you are close to dying, not be worried because you read it online.

Its dangerous when you slow and stop breathing. Its not an instant Mortal Kombat FATALITY when you take the 2 together, you will know youre not doing well. And if you DONT, well then by then its too late anyway so, yeah.

Basically: if youre still awake and breathing normally and on the computer late at night doing all this shit, you are no where near death. If your face was in your keyboard for 2 hours and you kept shooting back awake gasping for air with your lips starting to turn blue, then you get some help

Honestly if you dont know how close you are to OD'ing after years of doing opiates and being on methadone, idk what to tell you.

You should know if you are close to dying, not be worried because you read it online.

Its dangerous when you slow and stop breathing. Its not an instant Mortal Kombat FATALITY when you take the 2 together, you will know youre not doing well. And if you DONT, well then by then its too late anyway so, yeah.

Basically: if youre still awake and breathing normally and on the computer late at night doing all this shit, you are no where near death. If your face was in your keyboard for 2 hours and you kept shooting back awake gasping for air with your lips starting to turn blue, then you get some help

10/10

Very helpful thread. i have a question . if i took 40 mg of methadone and 30 mg of restirol is that lethal?

without HEAVY tolerance to both medications? Yes. People have OD'd at doses around 20-30mg methadone alone let alone adding in temazepam...

without HEAVY tolerance to both medications? Yes. People have OD'd at doses around 20-30mg methadone alone let alone adding in temazepam...

i don't even have a tolerance built up on them either. but it worked for me. so how is it i can handle these heavy doses?
i weigh about 180 lbs and i am 5'9. i have been taking methadone every few days for the pass month at 20 mg but then i upped to 40 ml last night . The restirol i've only stared taking 15 mg and then i upped to 30 mg last night. i just wanted that nod and it pulled off.

i strongly recommend not taking these two together, they are lethal alone without being combined.

EDIT:

i'm sorry if i seem reckless. but i must do have a tolerance built up on them on there own. but its only recently when i didn't get the same effects i upped the dosage.

Last edited:
I took a 10 op this morning and then in the afternoon I took a 10 methadone.. foolish I know but it made me very anxious so I took 2 miligrams of xanax... now I cannot lay my head down without freaking out.. am I ok to sleep?

thats true chia i tok meth one day and the next day 20 blue xanax and methhas a day in a half life system. even tho i didnt take them on the same day i od that night and almost died in my sleep..be carfule hun

This is what your post would look like if your line had been in danger ^

: D

Short and basic answer: Yes it can and IS very lethal. A lot of people die of Methadone + benzo combinations.

Myself I am in the methadone maintenance program 130mg of methadone per day + a bensodiazepin. (This is pretty rare where I live but I am on both and)
And I have been on 130mg Methadone and this benzo for about 2 years a guess a little longer. And I got a massive tolerance to both opioids and benzos to begin with.

Once or twice I have had my dose of 130mg methadone and 10-15mg Xanax + 10 triazolam and drink a couple of beers and just got a good night sleep while a normal human would most surely die.
So what it boils down to is personal tolerance. If you have tolerance to either the opioid or the benzo = go low and don't go all guns blazing.

Last edited:
I had a friend that died from mixing oxycodone + xanax + alcohol. Not sure what the levels where, but he was a former meth and heroin addict so you'd expect him to have quite the constitution. You never can tell, which is why you should be careful.

I have been on a very low dosage of methadone for 2 years. Today I am cutting down from 7.5 to 5mg a day. I took 2.5mg of methadone and .5mg of xanax this morning at the same time. I can feel the effects of the xanax so far. Took both about 45 min ago. I obviously have a tolerance to methadone. But I am new to taking benzos. I was taking 1 or 1.5mg of ativan for a few days before I ran out so I switched to xanax. Is this an Ok combination considering I have a tolerance to methadone but not so much with benzos. I'm kinda paranoid and want to make sure 2.5mg of methadone and .5mg of xanax is ok.
Thanks for your Help.

Not so, one should initiate emergency care immediately? Energy drinks will not work! I am an ER trauma nurse who recently,lost a nephew to this deadly combination of drugs. There is certainly a sense of immortality but this is no joke. These two combinations suppress the respiratory drive (the body does not continue to breathe) the person seems as if they're resting but in fact the body has lost its ability to recognize the need for breathing. This is the lading cause of death while utilizing methodone...benzos!

I take 120mg daily and have taken up to 2-3 mg of xanax during the day and have even taken a 1mg tab before bed and I was fine. I had no problems, but I may have just been very lucky, so I don't recommend anyone else do it. I just don't think you need to panic over it. MY doctor prescribed the Xanax to me knowing I was on the methadone. However I have an extremely high tolerance.

^Many people died due to this combo, just visit 'The Shrine'
Combuning CNS depressants like opioids and benzos, especially powerful drugs like methadone and alprazolam is extremely dangerous, even with a high tolerance and can lead to increased respiratory depression and can kill you
Don't do it

Closed, as this is an old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.