• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Withdrawal Percocets & Tramadol Not Helping

TayVicJoh

Greenlighter
Hello, this is my first thread. I hope someone can help. I just moved from California to Nevada. So, my doctor gave me a couple months prescriptions for my Methadone. My last script is in the glove compartment of my truck which my husband took to CA. I've been out for 4 days. I had some left over percocets from a surgery last year that I've been taking. I also have been taking Tramadol. Both of those combined I'm still having withdrawal symptoms. Horrendous anxiety, RLS, tingly numb limbs and I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest.

Has anyone any advice how to stop this? I still have a week to go.

What I'm currently taking.

20mg Percs every 4 hours not exceeding 8.

100mg Tramadol every 4 hours not exceeding 8.

I usually take 10-30mg Methadone a day. And 300mg of Tramadol a day.

I would have thought what I'm currently taking would be more than enough to stop withdrawals. Yet it's not. Does anyone else find it odd or is there a reason for this and how can I make this better? I can't imagine going through another week like this! Any advice would be so appreciated.

TIA
Tayvicjoh

Check an equivalency chart for methadone to oxycodone, from memory you would need more oxy to offset that 'done. You already take tramadol with methadone so I expect it won't perform miracles when you are off the methadone. Some pretty decent WD symptoms from methadone compared with other shorter acting opiates but the perc's should start working eventually, someone with similar experience will have to chime in, I hope you get some relief soon.

Just call your doc and explain the situation. You don't want your tolerance levels to screw up. I am sure your doctor will understand especially if your man calls him to verify the situation. Plus he can mail the script to you and CA to NV should only take 2-3 days even priority mail USPS or you can have him shell out for overnight delivery for it to get there in a day or less

Hi, I really appreciate both of your responses. I finally got a hold of my husband last night and he is over nighting the prescription. So it should get here tomorrow. My doctor can't do anything for me as he is in another state. I just moved from CA where he is at, to NV.

I know my symptoms were mild compared to people who go cold turkey with no opiates. I can't imagine the hell they go through and for so long. I have a lot of empathy and respect for anyone who can cold turkey methadone. Or even wean off of them. I imagine weaning is about what I'm going through. Brutal. Anyway, again thank you for your replies.

Happy to hear you got it sorted. Even mild opiate withdrawal is unhealthy and hell. No one should have to suffer with them when a hospital can stabilize someone to be sent to detox.

I hate it. WD is catching up with me....its how I wake each morning now after my awesome 5hour sleep. Regrets. Hope you got sorted TVJ.

No man, Tramadol and Percocets probably won't do anything to you if you take over 20mg/mL 'done for a prolonged time. For Methadone withdrawals you want to have Clonidine and Lyrica (huge relief and K.O sleep) in hand. And then the Percs + Trams might take the last edge off cause Lyrica and Clonidine won't do anything on opioid receptors.

The problem with methadone is that the withdrawals symptoms, while kind of mild, they last forever.