• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone WD sweats?!

Minerva_

Greenlighter
Hi all!
I’m new to the forum here, you can call me Minerva :)

I would go down a rabbit hole if I explained the background of my situation so let me cut to the end question

I was a client at our local methadone clinic for over a year and for the last 6 months I’ve been on 25mg or less. I’m holding back from a huge rant here about that situation. So anywho, before I left I was at 12mg.

it’s been three weeks now, I’m using dope so I’m not “sick” but man I’m sweating like no other????? I look like I just got out of the shower! And I shower twice a day because of it and still feel gross! Has anyone else cold turkey stopped methadone before, but still using heroin? Is this why I’m sweating or what the hell is up

thanks 😊

Minerva

You're still in withdrawal I think. You should have dropped down to 2-3mg. When you're using h does the sweating stop? It will in time. Thing is with heroins short half-life then you're rattling off that too.
If you plan to keep using then your body will adjust to the dose. If you wanna stop I would go on subutex for a couple weeks atnlow doses. Start at 2,mg which should make the WD's manageable. If not have another mg until you're WD's aren't bad then taper away.

Good luck

The methadone did make a big improvement in my daily use and I had hope I was going to get to the point where I didn’t need the h. I do want to go back in methadone for that reason. I left on my own out of frustration (and stubbornness) as I spent the last 6 months crying for help and increase in dose and having to see how little I (and others) mattered to them anymore. No communication amongst staff. I even had the wrong client photo on my chart for months. The heck.
Thanks for your input. I never tried subutext, but I did try suboxone and that never worked for me only put me in precipitated withdrawal each time. The fact methadone clinic is regulated by a doctor and nurse administers keep the addict in me from misusing it. :) I plan to go away for treatment in a month. Wish me luck

Good luck! If your tolerance is low enough you can get away with 4mg suboxone as long as you wait AT LEAST 24hr after you used h. Sometimes longer. Wait until you have massive pupils, are sweating and shitting water then no PWd guaranteed