• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone trough blood test...???

Jfree77

Greenlighter
Does anyone know if during a methadone trough blood test they will test for other drugs and alcohol besides methadone??? Have take homes but will feel for alcohol if they test for it

I wish I had a clear answer I mean I should because I was on it for a dozen plus years, but I was never administered anything called a trough test. I take that to mean a measurement of your serum metabolites levels. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, knowing how shoestring some of these clinics are I'm guessing that no other tests will be co-administered because it will not be budgeted for. Of course the reason I might not know about this is because I'm in the USA and you could be somewhere else.

Is this a random? Maybe it's already happened for all I know but I would spend very little time and energy worrying about it over ethanol unless you consume very large quantities nightly and the test day is at Clinic's discretion

My understanding is these tests are done for both checking for abuse as well as calibrating your dosing. Unless you go in there with alcohol in your system, it will not be in your blood. They'll use a spectrometer, which will get a read on everything in your blood.

There must be a reason why they are paying for this test.

alcohol or methadone ?

alcohol will most certainly be in your blood but only for a brief time...

Methadone metabolite levels are not used to measure the drug's effectiveness but compliance. Everything from age, sex, diet, urinary pH and other prescription drugs affect the rate of metabolism. So bite the bullet. Take your dose or at least 75% of it every day until the test and cut back on the booze

Last edited: