• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone sweats?

Lifee

Greenlighter
Currently on 130mg of methadone for MMT and am stable. Literally I sweat for doing nothing and am constantly warm. I have some beads of sweat on my forehead even if I?m not physically exerting myself. I also have gone through approximately 60mg of etizolam and probably about 14-25g?s of phenibut within the last 7-14 days. I?ve ran out of the etiz and have only taken around a gram today of pheni a long with my dose.

Do do you guys think I?m sweating because of the juice? Or am I withdrawing from the gabagerics? I?ve withdrawn pretty hardly from benzodiazepines in the past such as alprazolam and temazepam. 8 / 30 my daily for aprox 2 years. That was quite sometime ago that I did detox from those and has been over a year.

I?m also an avid user of cannabis

It probably a combination. The methadone is likely a probably culprit though, more so than the gabaergic stuff. If you've kicked benzos in the past, please be careful with that stuff.

Only two weeks of using gabaergics isn't too bad. Do you feel it's realistic to just stop taking gabaergic stuff, or is something like that going to be a possible thing you continue using? Just trying to suggest you think about creatives ways of moderating your use even if you don't stop all out.

Last thing you need is to detox again from something like that. Ugh. Double ugh.

I doubt you have anything to worry about with the cannabis. You might try larger doses of CBD for gabaergic cravings if you want to experiment with ways of staying away from that stuff. Moderate to high doses of CBD (not industrial, medicinal grade) plus a safe, conventional therapeutic dose of THC is pretty good for sedative cravings.

About the methadone sweats, see: http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/heroin/methadone/dont/doctips.htm#Sweating

Also see the SL Directory for more related info: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/811238-SL-Directory-(lots-of-amazing-info-inside)

I'm on methadone as well, and the excessive sweats is definitely one of the major issues I have with it (constipation and lowered T-levels being the others).

When I first got on it, in my na?vet?, I increased my dose as quickly as I could, thinking maybe I would get some level of high, which never happened. But the sweats and constipation definitely came on, quickly too.
I never thought sweating could be such a persistent and embarrassing issue. If I run on a treadmill for 10 minutes, every square inch of my shirt is drenched in sweat... Its also pretty humiliating during sex. If I'm on top, I basically just drip sweat on her, if shes on top, I leave a nice big sweat spot on the bed. 8)

I decided to lower my dose to see if it would relieve the sweats and constipation. I'm now on 48mg, and the constipation has improved quite a bit, but the sweats haven't improved in the slightest.

I chose methadone over buprenorphine because sometimes I still like to get high, but I'm thinking about quitting methadone anyways just because of this shitty side effect :!

Anyways... Just thought id share. Your sweats are probably from methadone as well. If you find a solution - please share!

What are these "wafers" mentioned in that post?

Thanks

It's the methadone,trust me . I was on it for 18years. I hated hot weather. Shopping was a sweat fest. I carried a sweat rag in my pocket all the time. Even in the coldest winter months I would sweat if I was mildly exerting myself outside. After about 2 weeks into withdrawal I was cold all the time. A complete 180 happened. Methadone effects the hypothalamus (body thermostat) in some way . My temperature has now regulated to near normal. Methadone is a mysterious opiate . The 24hr satisfaction has no equal.

It's the methadone,trust me . I was on it for 18years. I hated hot weather. Shopping was a sweat fest. I carried a sweat rag in my pocket all the time. Even in the coldest winter months I would sweat if I was mildly exerting myself outside. After about 2 weeks into withdrawal I was cold all the time. A complete 180 happened. Methadone effects the hypothalamus (body thermostat) in some way . My temperature has now regulated to near normal. Methadone is a mysterious opiate . The 24hr satisfaction has no equal.

QFT! I was on methadone for a similar amount of time and I couldn't even handle our mediocre British summers. I spent 10 years of that time working in an office and the women would put the heating on full blast if the temperature dropped below 20 degrees - it was hell. Opiates really fuck up your thermoregulation.

Excessive sweating, known in certain circles as Hyperhidrosis is extremely common for patients undergoing Methadone Maintenance. It was one of my least favorite side-effects especially considering I was in college and on MMT at one point and would sometimes just start sweating for no reason. I would get a cute smile from a girl sitting diagonally across from me and then would proceed to drench myself in perspiration in response. It was great. I would frequently find myself in the washroom wiping my entire upper body down with paper towels in a vain attempt to keep the moisture at bay... alas.

Now, when we start talking about withdrawal from sedative-hypnotic drugs like Benzodiazepines, you sir, are fucked. I am only speaking like a dick for emphasis and to get a solid point across. You are likely to deal with a great deal of excessive sweating when quitting these substances and it's often not enjoyable. When you combine the two, Methadone and W/D, you're looking at a lot of sweat and you shouldn't be surprised to see it present.I'm sorry, but you're going to have to consider it a feature of your life for at least the next few days.

I'm being nice here, but it's hard for me to justify keeping this guy open in an environment that is supposedly solely dedicated to Harm Reduction when I could just as easily say "Stay Hydrated" and close the thread. I'll leave it for a tick, but be a aware that it's probably gonna go the way of the unicorn... extinct.