• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone/Suboxone Wait Time.

I think I'm just going to base this on my previous suboxone induction - I'm going to wait until I'm in that full blown scratching the ceiling WDs before I take my first dose - I have an 8/2 strip and I've been advised by numerous friends to cut it into tiny pieces because the less you take the less nalaxone you get. they use bupes as his DOC and a film last them a week.

The naloxone supposedly is inactive or close to it when taken sublingually, so this shouldn't be an issue anyway, let's pretend naloxone had a 100% sublingual BA, rumor has it that buprenorphine has a higher Affinity level than naloxone therefore naloxone won't cause any precipitated wd.

follow this motto instead, the less Bupe you use the more it will act as a full Agonist and have pleasant effects similar to traditional opiates. People really just don't comprehend how powerful bupe is. A non tolerant person can take as little as 1/16th of a Suboxone film, and be so high for hours. Even someone with an opiate tolerance can get messed up just by taking 1mg
These doctors shove 24 to 32 mg down patients throats only for the reason of causing a blockade of fact from other opiates, also this drug has unique quality where it has a ceiling effect where certain amount of milligrams will be absorbed and the rest is just wasted anyway so you can't really overdose on and die

The naloxone supposedly is inactive or close to it when taken sublingually, so this shouldn't be an issue anyway, let's pretend naloxone had a 100% sublingual BA, rumor has it that buprenorphine has a higher Affinity level than naloxone therefore naloxone won't cause any precipitated wd.

follow this motto instead, the less Bupe you use the more it will act as a full Agonist and have pleasant effects similar to traditional opiates. People really just don't comprehend how powerful bupe is. A non tolerant person can take as little as 1/16th of a Suboxone film, and be so high for hours. Even someone with an opiate tolerance can get messed up just by taking 1mg
These doctors shove 24 to 32 mg down patients throats only for the reason of causing a blockade of fact from other opiates, also this drug has unique quality where it has a ceiling effect where certain amount of milligrams will be absorbed and the rest is just wasted anyway so you can't really overdose on and die

Yeah I did some reading and the Nalaxone has no affinity effect - It's just a binder. It's the bupe itself that has the higher affinity and taking smaller doses (below the ceiling effect whch i said to be (4-6mg) You get that full agonist feeling - I'm so glad I didn't decide "Oh hey I'll just take a little piece I'll be fine HA.

Update

UPDATE: Days 55 - 57

Day 55: Took my day 3 taper dose of 10mg. Went home didn't have any Gaba just lope - The day was extremely long. Ever since I dropped below 20 I've been waking up earlier and earlier every night with mild RLS. It's fine when I'm up and moving but the longer I stay in bed the worse it is. COWS was at an 18.

Day 56: Took single dose of 5mg and after than it was just going to be 2mg for two days then 1mg then out. So I decided to hop off the train at 5 because I'm not paying 15 USD for 5mg of MD. Anyway, I got some GABA and took 2 - Mood was lifted felt great but had unbearable cravings and also some unpleasant side effects from the GABA such as vertigo and this weird pulses sensation whenever I would blink. Wound up getting a hold of some trams and by the time I got home - Took 150MG - I was pretty much fine. No symptoms aside from the depression. No Acute symptoms so no COWS ratings.

Day 57: Hopping off the train - Woke up around 3:30am today with mild RLS and got up took a shower ate some toast and took 150mg of tram. No lope as I'm not having any GI issues. Cows is at a 14.

Also: My tool-kit has been somewhat modified to get through these 96 hours. I have on hand - Tramadol, Gabapentin, Celebrex for the Aches, Clonazepam (which I take daily for GAD so they have little effect), Alprazolam at night for sleep, And some dextroamph sparingly to get through the day. People cringe at the thought of taking a stim durin'g W/Ds but it's a full on dopamine agonist which obliterates RLS and the Depression.

However it boosts the already high levels of epinephrine so you need something on hand to bounce back - or me it's food, a good strain of sativa and benz.

Last edited:
IMy buddys been on 110ml of methadone for 11 years , took last dose of 55ml methdone around 8 a.m monday .. Started on sub tuesday at 1:30pm with 8ml (rescibed 16 a day) thrown into the worst w'ds ive ever experienced , suffered for 5 hours taking additional 4ml sub tuesday at 6:30pm by 7:30 was in fear of dying , super increased heart rate violent shakes and sickness ... took 20ml of methadone .. passed out til 930 at 11:30 took 4ml sub .. and passed out til 1:30am at , and so on since then
Today is thusday afternoon 3:20pm and im still sick shaking and not well enough to function ..
Have remaining 8ml strip of sub til friday at around 2pm ..
Can someone please tell me if he should just take all of it to ease the pain or take a small amount of methadone after the sub to curb the shakes and sickness ... or just keep suffering
Im sorry to ask but im trying so hard to make the switch cause theres no way i can come of methadone from past experience with my current life and work schedule .. but i cant be sick much longer either ..
Please help any info is good info

^ yeah, if you wind up un PWD, the worst possible thing to do it to take more of whatever it was that put you in it, in you're friend's case: subs.
either ride it out or take a proper opiate like heroin, but do not take more subs aha.
༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽aha

I to have made the switch from methadone to suboxone. I was on 100 mg plus 40 mg oxycodone PRN a day. I tried the first time switching to a strong short acting opiate for one day and then waited 16 hours. Started to have horrible WD's. Took 4 mg buprenorphine and went into the worst PWD I have ever experienced. Waited 9 hours for it to stop but it just kept going. Said fuck it and put a 100 mcg/hr fent patch on my inner cheek. The WD's finally subsided.

Then I tapered down from 100 mg methadone to 30 mg over 10 days. Waited 72 hours and took 2 mg bupe in the doctors office. 10 minutes later I started yawning, shivering and sneezing. The PWD it brought on were manageable. The doctor advised me to wait another 24 hours and then take another 2 mg bupe. That is what I did and by the third day on sub I was at a dose of 8 mg. I experienced mild WD symptoms for the first 4-7 days. The opiate related WD's from the transition to a partial agonist went away after a week. After that I had some PAWS related to the switch. I tried gabapentin at 300 mg 2x each day and that helped.

I have been on maintenance ever since pretty much with an 18 month period off all drugs and one period in which I tapered the bupe down to 0.5 mg and then tried to stop. The WD's were really tough and I was unable to get off. Now I take 3 mg per day and that holds me.

Well guys I made it - Worst 5 days of my fucking life but I made it lol - Did the whole 60 day rapid taper from 100mg. 5mg drop every 5 days. I stopped at 15 and started my detox using: Tramadol, Imodium, Gabapentin & Trazadone. And Adderall + Kpins which are Rx'd. I slept probably 6 hours the 4 days I waited most of which was during the first couple days when the MD was still losing it's half life. But the adderall kept me going during the day and the Trazadone and Gaba let me get some sleep at night at first. When I woke up on day 5 I couldn't do it anymore it was 6 in the morning and I was kicking. I had already scored the 8/2 strip until there was nothing left. I started by taking a tiny triangular strip. I waited for the PW thinking how it's going to feel to go from bad to death in an instant. But, It didn't happen. Waited 30 minutes took another piece, felt fine. So I took 4mg - And an hour later I had this euphoria I remembered from Rehab when I was on subs before. It wasn't a high. It was just this clean blissful feeling like you were back to your original self. I could't wipe the smile off my fucking face because I managed to beat it without PW's. And trust me I was fucking terrified from all of the horror stories.

The gist is - everyone metabolizes differently - Some people may have to wait 5 days while others only need 3. I'm not going to jump the gun here because it's only day 2 but I feel great aside from the adderall comedown. I actually feel like I might have beat it. Stay tuned.

I to have made the switch from methadone to suboxone. I was on 100 mg plus 40 mg oxycodone PRN a day. I tried the first time switching to a strong short acting opiate for one day and then waited 16 hours. Started to have horrible WD's. Took 4 mg buprenorphine and went into the worst PWD I have ever experienced. Waited 9 hours for it to stop but it just kept going. Said fuck it and put a 100 mcg/hr fent patch on my inner cheek. The WD's finally subsided.

Then I tapered down from 100 mg methadone to 30 mg over 10 days. Waited 72 hours and took 2 mg bupe in the doctors office. 10 minutes later I started yawning, shivering and sneezing. The PWD it brought on were manageable. The doctor advised me to wait another 24 hours and then take another 2 mg bupe. That is what I did and by the third day on sub I was at a dose of 8 mg. I experienced mild WD symptoms for the first 4-7 days. The opiate related WD's from the transition to a partial agonist went away after a week. After that I had some PAWS related to the switch. I tried gabapentin at 300 mg 2x each day and that helped.

I have been on maintenance ever since pretty much with an 18 month period off all drugs and one period in which I tapered the bupe down to 0.5 mg and then tried to stop. The WD's were really tough and I was unable to get off. Now I take 3 mg per day and that holds me.

Yeah without the Gaba and Lope I wouldn't have made it - If you don't have a benzo on hand it really helps the RLS - which to me is the worst part of opiate withdrawal period.

Waiting three days is generally enough time for folks who have stabilized at a lower dose (such as 30mg) before coming off methadone. You tapered from 100mg over just a few days, so it makes sense it would take a bit more time to come off the methadone.

Hope you're starting to feel better!