• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Rx for Opiate WD/Dependency

Methacodone

Bluelighter
Ok, I have a friend who gets a Rx of 10mg Methadone tablets for Opiate addiction, is this even legal?
I thought Methadone can only be despenced by a licensed clinic for Opiate addicts? Meaning that they have to go to the clinic daily to dose, and earn your take home as you succeed throughout your treatment there..

I for one was a MMT patient for almost 4 years.. and I got up to 2 weeks worth of take homes (13).
3 months of sobriety at MMT (clean piss tests) gets you 2 take homes, 6 months gets you 4 take homes, 9 months gets you 6 take homes, 12 months gets you 13 take homes, and 18 months gets you a months worth of take homes (27) at the clinic I attended.

Now the friend I'm talking about has a doctor who gives him a script of Methadone, where he takes it to CVS himself and gets his Rx.. I have his Rx bottle at my disposal.. he's on 80mg a day.. the bottle states to take 4 tablets every 12 hours... he gets 240 10mg pills a month.

Is this legal? I'm jealous.

I mean I'm happy with my 60 8mg Subutex Rx I get monthly.. I really am. But I'm just curious about this.

Do you guys know anyone who gets a script of Methadone from their Primary Dr. for opiate addiction?

hmm..

As long as your friends not clearly breaking laws like letting you or others who may take it have access to it then it's likely legal. No one here can answer for sure though and it's only speculation. Even if it's legal 1. It's not common and 2. It's not your business

I think it somewhat depends on the state, but for the most part, yeah it's legal to get a methadone prescription from a primary care dr, though I think it has to be noted somewhere that it's to be used for pain. It's super uncommon, but it does happen. Also, it might suck to go to a clinic all the time, but you don't have to worry about your methadone supply getting shut off, whereas your friend does.