• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone question

DirtyMexican

Bluelighter
I have a friend on 50mg oxycodone every day. He, his spouse, and others been looking into what to expect.
The ignorance factor being that thre are not clear answer

he has never used methadone and is going to be.

I have read, googled, asked and get many answers.

1) 10mg tablets of methadone, 30mg I believer per day, would feel and act how to a user of 50mg oxy?
2) Is it true it is euphoric for the first few weeks or not. Some say no such thing some say yes.

why is there so much lack of information... I dont get that part since this is very heavly used.

methadone + amphetamines by his brothers account is what oxy feels like. How would you relate what to expect chemically feeling to some who does not know.

I he should try 10-15mg of methadone his first time, and if he feels 3-4 Hours hes not were he wants, I'd up it up 5mg and no more for this go around. From there he can decide if 10-20mg is the range he needs to be, or if 20-30mg is where he needs to be. I wouldn't put more than 30mg in his body for the first time. It could be to much. IMO wont kill him unless with other depressant, but could put him in a rough spot.

The way to keep methadones make if you do enjoy it, is to never dose more than 2-3 days in a row, take 6-7+ days mininum break between use, and try to keep the doses before 60mgs. Methadone can be a fantastic high, but only if uses sparingly. It can easily just turn into a tool to keep WDs away, or a light opioid buzz through out the day if you use it to much.

I personally didn't enjoy methadone and amphetamine, Granted I tried this combo a bunch while I've been using 30mg of methadone a day for over a month. The methadone didn't have much sedative properties and the amp would wake me up to much. I've had much better time with amp and other opioids. I bet meth would feel better than amp.

you're friends tolerance is rather low, so like splatchrome said, he should start off with 15 mg tops. When I had a bundle/day habit, 20 mg of methadone could pull me out of withdrawal-its powerful stuff. However, as far as getting high goes, its a risky drug to fuck around with for recreational purposes, due to its long half life, and its delayed onset. Don't decide to up the dose after two hours if your not feeling high yet, because I've made that mistake before and almost killed myself.

Also, the buzz, IMO is not nearly as euphoric as oxycodone is. Methadone is much more sedating for starters, and its really best for detox and maintenance. Tolerance builds rapidly too, so you dont want to take this stuff day after day if you want to then go back and catch a high off of 50 mg of oxycodone. At dosages of about 80 mg/day (after two weeks) the methadone will build up to the point where it completely saturates your opiate receptors and getting high is litterally just impossible. All you can achieve at that point is sedation, and resperatory depression.

I would say no more than 10-15mg of methadone at the absolute most. I had a similar tolerance when I started taking methadone and 10mg made me puke for 24 hours.

Methadone is not really as euphoric or intense as oxycodone, but nonetheless, it is a very powerful high. Everyone reacts differently, as most seem to find methadone to provide with little in terms of euphoria, while I find methadone to be just as powerful in terms of creating a feeling of wellbeing as any other opioid.

The trick about methadone is that it takes a LOOOONG time to feel your dose once it has been injested. The last time I took 20mg of methadone it took 3 or 4 hours before it had fully kicked in. Furthermore, thanks to the drugs incredibly long half life, each consecutive day you take your methadone it builds up in the body. So after a while, even though you might have only taken 20mg, there will actually be considerably more than 20mg in your system (due to previous dosages being build up). This last point is very important when it comes to mixing methadone with other drugs, especially benzos and other CNS depressants.

IMO I a little amphetamine and a good amount of methadone does kind of feel like oxycodone, but they're still obviously different. I don't like to take a lot of amphetamine with methadone because I find it overpowers the opioid effects of the methadone, although by the time the amphetamines wear off you'll start to notice the methadone more and more as it's half life is much longer.

BTW, OP there are MANY threads about methadone here in BL. Try searching this site as opposed to the general internet. And of course there is always erowid.org for more info and experience reports of other users.

I dont any sort buzz at all and i was on 115mg about a month ago....I thought about trying to scam and get high high doses of methadone so i could get high, but you fuck your self over big time doing that...My tolerance is now soo huge i am convinced i will die before i get high, so i dont try anymore...If you get on MMP and you get yourself on a high doseage it will be sooo fucked when your friend finds its time to get off...It will be soo much more harder...I regret deeply going to 115mg when i was probly ok on about 60mg....

As others have said, tell your friend to be very very careful when dosing on methadone. 50 mg a day oxycodone is not a bad habit and he should be ok starting at 10-15 mg on the first day. On the second day maybe try 20 mg if the dose was to small the day before.

I currently take 120 mg of methadone a day for MMT and I can tell you this stuff sneaks up on you and keeps your tolerance high. I dont really get any high or to much of a buzz from my dose, it just helps with the cravings and the withdrawals when I decide to go on a binge.

Well, now I'm wondering if this switch to methadone or bupe of whatever maintenance drug is really a good idea in the first place.

OP - How long has this person been using? How long at 50mg/day? If it's been less than a month, well, I wouldn't use the methadone or whatever unless you're using it just to detox. I mean, you'd have to have some pretty good reasons to be going from using oxy for a month to a methadone program :\

It's sad how many people get hooked on maintenance drugs that have no real place to be on such programs... I mean, this sort of program is really one of those true last ditch efforts at getting your life in order.

Then again, it's also, sad, maybe even more so, how so many people who need to be on such a program do not have access...

Sad sad world ;)

Yeah, part of me feels like there should be some kind of quota that has to be met (or is at least strongly suggested)in order to enroll in a maintenance program, buprenorphine or methadone. If someone's just been using something like oxycodone or hydrocodone for a year, isn't an IV drug user, and has a pretty small habit, I think that they should have the benefit of doing perhaps a one month taper on either subs or methadone, and see how that goes before committing to long term maintenance.

Maintenance is best for people with a history of relapse, or as a means of harm reduction. If someone has been shooting his/her DOC, even for just a little while, then I think maintenance might be a good option. I believe the progression of drug addiction really speeds up once people start messing around with needles.

exactly: do the potential costs associated with opioid replacement therapy/maintenance outweigh its potential benefits? If they do, there might just be way better options for such an individual than methadone or suboxone programs.

I think maintenance is only appropriate for those who would either die/have serious health complications or end up incarcerated/institutionalized against their will in the near future.

ideally they would also be committed to becoming better people and increasing the quality of their lives, and using maintenance as a powerful tool by which they will better be able to accomplish such lofty goals.

I would say no more than 10-15mg of methadone at the absolute most. I had a similar tolerance when I started taking methadone and 10mg made me puke for 24 hours.

I second this advice. Hit the nail on the head. Especially the second sentance. Use methadone with caution.

If you build up a tolerance to methadone,it's hell to get off of.I use to take 10mg.'s 3x's a day for about two yrs.I forget what I did after that.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/617157-Methadone-question?p=10459408&viewfull=1#post10459408

Great insight. I did look at other places as well. As many point methadone is methadone and it does what it does and that is sedation. Perhaps some euphoria most agree here. But only initial few weeks.

That aside, Meth and methadone for a high I am sure would be more intense than oxy.... lol, i must ask for impute from others says my inner addict voice....
but amph and methadone.... basically adderall and methadone was his idea because sedation and working 50 hours per week is not going to work.
I can see how adderall and methadone basically is a mild oxy. Most people I know that use oxy do so cause of the rush and lack of sedation. For Joe worker it is better than a sedative chemical.

Unfortunately I have to say my boy has a terminal illness. His is married and does what he is told. I feel sadness inside for losing him to ahhhh a state possessive slavery but hey to each thier own. =D

I he should try 10-15mg of methadone his first time, and if he feels 3-4 Hours hes not were he wants, I'd up it up 5mg and no more for this go around. From there he can decide if 10-20mg is the range he needs to be, or if 20-30mg is where he needs to be. I wouldn't put more than 30mg in his body for the first time. It could be to much. IMO wont kill him unless with other depressant, but could put him in a rough spot.

The way to keep methadones make if you do enjoy it, is to never dose more than 2-3 days in a row, take 6-7+ days mininum break between use, and try to keep the doses before 60mgs. Methadone can be a fantastic high, but only if uses sparingly. It can easily just turn into a tool to keep WDs away, or a light opioid buzz through out the day if you use it to much.

I personally didn't enjoy methadone and amphetamine, Granted I tried this combo a bunch while I've been using 30mg of methadone a day for over a month. The methadone didn't have much sedative properties and the amp would wake me up to much. I've had much better time with amp and other opioids. I bet meth would feel better than amp.
Nah. Meth and Damp kinda feel similar when on mmt of course the shards stronger though. You wont get a speedball effect if thats what is being asked if you have been on mmt for a few months.Methadone is really just sedating and its different than most opiates in this way. I dunno what euphoria means to some people but Methadone is Not euphoric to me in any way shape or form it helps me get through my day. Thats it. I guess some people may like the overly sedating nod like effects one may get when they start mmt but I was not very fond of the sedation and a Forced nod. I say forced because its not something you can fight off really which is why its so deadly. I have been on amp and done for a long time and no way in hell does it feel like an oxy to the topic starter. Oxy doesnt make your eyes bug out. 30mg of methadone to someone whoa used to 50mgs of oxy is pretty unsafe. The methadone will end up knocking you around in a bad way at that tolerance.

I'm in Tulum with some friends. Got any ideas on places to go to have or get some REAL fun? Besides the sketchy pharmacias?