• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone pills. Oral vs snorting

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
I read a sckentific study recently comparing intranasal BA vs that of oral methadone.

The bioavailabilies were about the same (60 to 80 percemt if I recall correctly) for both ROAs.

For snorting peak serum levels were achieved faster. But oral eventually catches up to the same peak level.

But in my personal experience....I almost felt like the done was stronger orally (which I assume would equate to higher BA). This was taken on empty stomach a few trials. Also my dosing irregular and as needed for pain so I have different residual levels from previous days use or lack of use which can help boost a dose if i used ot the prior day (since done has that long lingering half life)...so my experiments are basically fully of holes and I wamt your opinioms.

However the formulations used in the study I'm not aware of the intranasal done they use may not have been a crushed pill but a liquid formulation designed to be put in the nose and absorbed. My pills are very small 10 mg pills without a lot of bulk or filler.

Mostly in snort them because I'm always snacking so my stomach isn't usually empty. I guess incould try oral on a full stomach to compare.. there's that and I have a bit of a snorting fetish too.

Just looking for feedback from my fellow friends.

Did they use methadone hydrochloride only (pure form) in the study? I guess they didn't use pill form. When snorting pills binders get stuck on the nasal surface and then active compound has a much harder time getting absorbed (and eventually much of the pill is actually taken orally as it drips later). There is no need for snorting methadone pills cause it generally has great oral bioavailability and there is no real "rush" when snorted.

I just don't see the point honestly
Yea I have been experimenting and I don't see a difference. I have a fetish though for snorting and placebo is a real thing that can actually result in a dopamine kick as can the pain of snorting.

But purely from a pharmacokinetic sense it's probably stupid.

Oral Methadone has great bioavailability. The amount of excipients / bulking agents in the tablet is a lot

I have Palladan Metadol 25mg tablets & 10’s (80mg daily)

which are inferior to the liquid Methadose in tang some how….I miss my drink lol, would hit fast & hard, mildly pleasurable even after years. The compressed tablets aren’t the same. Slower onset and lacking the Umphf