• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone: Pain when shooting your takehomes...?

DrGonzo899

Bluelighter
I'm on Methadone Maintenance and like many people I double dose or shoot my Sunday take home. I take the pink/red liquid and use a 3ml spike to get a couple 30mg shots in quick. I get a fair amount of burning/stinging pain at the injection site as well as running up my arm a short distance. Of course I'm wondering if this is normal and if other people have this problem; if so how often and can you rate the pains quality quantity and it's duration.

As it stands(just did ~45mg of shots) the pain is fairly intense around 6 or 7/10 at site and much weaker radiating up the forearm. This starts near the shots end at around the halfway mark and lasts for 15 to 20 seconds after.

I don't believe this is causing any major damage, ie necrotising the flesh or whatnot but I'd like to know more regardless. Maybe I'm overfilling the vein or violently constricting the vessel. I really don't know but it's uncomfortable.

Thank you for your time.
KGK

I know you're probably aware of most of this already OP, but for the sake of onlookers we will cover some of the basics concerning this practice. In the catacombs of my drug knowledge, this practice is one that's going to be filed under "Extremely Dangerous with No Reward". You absolutely should not be attempting to inject Methadone Tincture/Solution obtained from the clinic. At best, it is not meant for injection and at worst it is a severe insult to your body.

Methadone itself is relatively caustic. Even Methadone meant for injection is known (similar to Diazepam) to be a comparatively uncomfortable experience. What you have is Methadone solution with all kinds of other nasty, unwanted stuff in it ranging from dyes to preservatives. While solution is typically 10mg/ml, federal law requires it to be significantly diluted before dispensed. It is a lot of solution to inject. I am absolutely not being a dick, so please don't take it this way, but this is the sort of practice in which one's common sense/shoulder angel almost certainly screams "no" in your ear regardless of your level of knowledge. Complications should be expected.

If you are to continue with this, please get it in your head that it is not sustainable and that a complication is more or less inevitable. Have a plan in place for what action you will take when something like an abscess or thrombosis occurs. The symptoms that you are experiencing, being the discomfort and pain, is an indication that the injections are not being tolerated without consequence.

I know you're a smart guy and you seem to be simply driven by compulsion, for which I have absolutely no judgment. I've injected Methadone take homes before. You have an entirely too optimistic mentality regarding what you're doing though bro. You seem to think it's not likely that you will have a problem and I believe you are more likely to experience one than not. You cannot look me in the eye and tell me that you truly believe, from an intellectual standpoint that this is good or giving you what you actually are looking for, am I right?

If you or anyone else are looking for a more rapid onset with your Methadone take homes (or any form for that matter) with little to no risk associated with it, the rectal route is your friend. The absorption is documented to be much more rapid than with oral administration with almost no sacrifice to bioavailability. These things are made for rectal administration. You get an oral syringe, draw up, inject, lay on your side and experience your hit up to 2/3 more quickly. Here is some literature concerning the topic that will interest you. We are here to help.

You should never shoot up methadone syrup considering it contains sugars which are horrible for the veins. This is most likely the reason you feel pain and I would cease the use of the syrup through the veins.

Thanks for the honest assessment Keif, I really figured as much regarding additives/dyes. All instincts said as much(ie pain, color) but you nailed it, total needle fixation; wanting to keep some part of the ritual.
I had a thread on the rectal route and the general consensus was it was either identical or somehow less than effective as oral. No real evidence or explanation to back it up that I recall but like I said it's a case of 'baby wants his bottle' so I just accepted an excuse to shoot my way to freedom.
I'm gonna try plugging half next Saturday. I'll give y'all an update but to clarify this is the dye or preservatives(just thought of that). I don't think they can add sugars to any meds.

In the UK, methadone comes in either sugar based, or sugar free 1mg/ml solution, with the sugar free one being way more common. This contains artificial sweeteners though. I've tasted pure methadone powder and physeptone pills before, and they ain't sweet naturally I can attest!

Please please stop injecting this, as keif said, it's a matter of WHEN you get some serious health issues from putting syrup in your bloodstream.

If you want an extra buzz from your take home dose, try potentiating with dxm, Tums, and white grapefruit juice! These all work quite noticeably in my experience.

I live in the states I use 100% grapefruit juice what kind do you guys use some people say that the white grapefruit is best I think 100% Not from concentrate is best

I know you're probably aware of most of this already OP, but for the sake of onlookers we will cover some of the basics concerning this practice. In the catacombs of my drug knowledge, this practice is one that's going to be filed under "Extremely Dangerous with No Reward". You absolutely should not be attempting to inject Methadone Tincture/Solution obtained from the clinic. At best, it is not meant for injection and at worst it is a severe insult to your body.

Methadone itself is relatively caustic. Even Methadone meant for injection is known (similar to Diazepam) to be a comparatively uncomfortable experience. What you have is Methadone solution with all kinds of other nasty, unwanted stuff in it ranging from dyes to preservatives. While solution is typically 10mg/ml, federal law requires it to be significantly diluted before dispensed. It is a lot of solution to inject. I am absolutely not being a dick, so please don't take it this way, but this is the sort of practice in which one's common sense/shoulder angel almost certainly screams "no" in your ear regardless of your level of knowledge. Complications should be expected.

If you are to continue with this, please get it in your head that it is not sustainable and that a complication is more or less inevitable. Have a plan in place for what action you will take when something like an abscess or thrombosis occurs. The symptoms that you are experiencing, being the discomfort and pain, is an indication that the injections are not being tolerated without consequence.

I know you're a smart guy and you seem to be simply driven by compulsion, for which I have absolutely no judgment. I've injected Methadone take homes before. You have an entirely too optimistic mentality regarding what you're doing though bro. You seem to think it's not likely that you will have a problem and I believe you are more likely to experience one than not. You cannot look me in the eye and tell me that you truly believe, from an intellectual standpoint that this is good or giving you what you actually are looking for, am I right?

If you or anyone else are looking for a more rapid onset with your Methadone take homes (or any form for that matter) with little to no risk associated with it, the rectal route is your friend. The absorption is documented to be much more rapid than with oral administration with almost no sacrifice to bioavailability. These things are made for rectal administration. You get an oral syringe, draw up, inject, lay on your side and experience your hit up to 2/3 more quickly. Here is some literature concerning the topic that will interest you. We are here to help.

Hey just wondering fellow BLer, have you experience with plugging, is it considered a 'nasty' route? My follow up question is not a joke ok lol, do you get even more constipated plugging opiates than normal? Ohhh the bane of opis we love to hate or perhaps less constipation??? Fuck thatd be an epic thing to know does it cause less? Thatd be a motivator to give it a go dont gotta go into detail im sure a google search'll tell me how to go about it but they dont generally talk about the aftermath other than a high