• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone "Medical" Detox

-Guido-

Bluelight Crew
While a lot of the old timers here know me as the infamous CG, to the newbies I have used heroin for 7 years and then switched to Methadone Maintenance. At the end of this month it will be 7 years on Methadone.

We recently got a new doctor who was a former employee at a drug court and thinks of us as scum. She despises anyone being on benzos or any other medications because she thinks we will eat them or sell them. She also refuses people requests to lower doses as well as other faggotry.

Anyways I was given the choice to either do to a benzo detox for my 2mg a day Klonopin script from my Psychiatrist and stay on the program or get kicked off by a "Medical Detox". My clinic's Medical Detox entails of reducing your dose by 10mg immediately and then 10mg every three days. Once you hit 30mg they reduce you by 5mg every 3 days and then send you off.

I more or less told the doctor to fuck herself because she had no right to overide my psychiatric care. I also never got a fair hearing, an appeal, nor the paper one is to sign when being detoxed. I could give a shit because I did want off at this point, much slower of course, but I reported her along with nearly every other patient to the State of NY and some advocate groups such as OASAS.

I'm currently on 20mg of Methadone now. Originally I started at 100mg. Tomorrow I start 15mg. The only other medication I am on besides 1mg of Clonazapam twice a day is Hydroxyzine, which I have available in 25mg capsules and 50mg capsules. I'm a steroid user as well but currently I am only on a low dose of Testosterone and some Dianabol to maintain my body and help get myself out of bed. Occasionally I cop a 1mg Xanax or 10mg Valium to help with things.

I feel like shit. Cold. Hot flashes once ina while. Aches. No energy. No desire to eat. Hard to sleep. Depressed. Angry. No other symptoms to report aside from the fact that if I didn't have a family and loved ones I would probably top myself.

I can deal with feeling depressed but as far as everything else goes, fuck that. I would like to get a job ASAP in order have the funds to alleviate any PAWS with Etizolam as well as prevent my body from remaining in a catabolic state. I don't want to go the Suboxone route. My question is how long is it going to take before I don't feel shitty like this once my detox is over?

That is a great question, I am currently tapering off of Methadone right now. But I can say I bet your hormones are making matters much worse. When you say you have to take test and diana just to get out of bed it sounds like your body is no longer producing it's own? If that is the case I really feel for you because it is going to make the detox that much longer.

I can not stand doctors that act this way. You would think that a Doc would not work at a clinic if they have a thing against drug addicts. Those people piss me off. I know it sure sounds like a lot is going on and you likely need to vent. I would be hitting the gym as much as humanly possible and trying to distract myself.

I am in your shoes right now just not as into my taper. But I already got off of the valium so now it is just the methadone. Take it one step at a time brother, I know it is rough, and please keep posting in here m8, we will talk eachother through the rough patches if need be. And you can PM me if need be.

That is a great question, I am currently tapering off of Methadone right now. But I can say I bet your hormones are making matters much worse. When you say you have to take test and diana just to get out of bed it sounds like your body is no longer producing it's own? If that is the case I really feel for you because it is going to make the detox that much longer.

I can not stand doctors that act this way. You would think that a Doc would not work at a clinic if they have a thing against drug addicts. Those people piss me off. I know it sure sounds like a lot is going on and you likely need to vent. I would be hitting the gym as much as humanly possible and trying to distract myself.

I am in your shoes right now just not as into my taper. But I already got off of the valium so now it is just the methadone. Take it one step at a time brother, I know it is rough, and please keep posting in here m8, we will talk each other through the rough patches if need be. And you can PM me if need be.

My body hasn't been producing it's own Test for 5 years now. I'm always on steroids, since I started. Meaning I blast and cruise. Blasting consists of multiples steroids at high dosages for 10-15 weeks and cruising is just using a dose of Testosterone for any length of time as to not lose any progress until your next blast. My body has the amount of Testosterone it requires, it's just exogenous.

I have just been so fatigued from this detox as of late I'm still cruising (using 100mg Test E weekly) but injecting 25mg of Testosterone Base every morning along with 25mg of Dianabol and 1mg of Klonopin when I wake up while still in bed. Then after 20 minutes I have the energy and drive to get the fuck up. It's like I need a fucking jolt.

This shit is killing me. I don't know what's worse, the sickness or absolute anger I feel at the doctor and that shit hole clinic. But I'm at a catch 22 see; Bodybuilding keeps me sober. I'm to sick to bodybuild and don't know how long I will feel like shit. I

I don't want to be feeling like shit for months because if that's going to be the case I'll get some bullshit cash together or a job and go cop dope. That's another catch 22 in itself, bodybuilding and narcotics don't mix so my world is pretty much fucked to the core at the moment.

It's been a little over 3 weeks and I still feel like death. Can't sleep, eat, or anything.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I know you said no suboxone but since you're already down to the point where people drop off and switch over it might be worth considering as it should give you enough energy to get back to the gym. Mabey do subs for a month to get the bulk of the done out of your system. I would think being so physically active the done should be out of your system some what faster. If not, mabey a small amount of MJ would probably help you eat at least.

Id expdet you to feel like shit for 2 to 3 months, if not more. Shit will get easier, but chills, sweating, insomnia, etc will all be very real.

I have no experience with steroids so I cant say if this will exacerbate your symptoms.

What do you have against using bupe for a month or two? Its obviously a much better idea than copping dope and etiz.

Holly crap Guido, whatever happened to your postcount? I swear i once read more than 200 replies by you in the same thread, 9000 can't be right! Who shafted you?