• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone+kratom=?

PerpetualAnhedonic

Bluelighter
I know this has been covered a few times in previous years, I've searched our site and read the threads, did internet searches and devoured what information could be found, but to my findings so far, there have been no definitive answers, nor even research articles/abstracts....

Being that they do both compete for the mu receptor, methadone SHOULD (at least theoretically) probably block kratom, but I have taken blocking doses of 'done and followed it with kratom the following day with no noticeable decrease in effects....in fact, there's been times I swear I saw an increase (perhaps the NMDA antagonism produced by 'done?).
However, I have never taken them both on the same day.

This is something I've been curious about for awhile and it really bothers me that I cannot turn up anything factual or definitive. I've had multiple people ask me about this exact same matter several times in real life as well, and I don't like not being able to give them something that can actually be worked with.

I also wonder if, for example, a user is short on their stash of each, whether these two might be able to be used simultaneously, in conjunction with one another in order to achieve a higher level of effects closer to their normal dosage of one or the other....in such an experiment, I would suspect it best to keep dosages as low as possible (for safety, obviously), especially on the 'done so as not to risk blocking.

Anyone have any knowledge, insight or even personal experience in respect to any of this that may be helpful they be willing to share? Or any decent internet finds I may have missed?
Anything is appreciated, thanks Bluelighters.

-PA

Last edited: