• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

methadone in australia

dont quote me on this because im not sure this gets done in australia, but i reacll reading about doctors giving patients an injection of narcan (naloxone hydrochloride) which is reverses the effects of opiods when somebody OD's. if somebody isnt overdosing, or doesnt have any opiods freshly in their system but is an addict, narcan will quickly induce withdrawl symptoms, the severity of which depends on the severity of the addiction.

theres another way i vaguely remember, something to do with your pupils. cant remember.

The post above about the narcan injection is not true at all. I've heard rumours of that sort of thing happening in the US, but it's not the case here. To get on methadone, you need to go to a methadone clinic and go through an assessment process. This involves talking with either a social worker / psych / nurse about your drug use history / life circumstances. Then you'll see a doctor who'll usually ask for a urine drug test, as well as a general physical check-up.

I notice you're in Brisbane. You can call ADIS (Alcohol and Drug Information Service) on 3236 2414 and ask for the contact details of government methadone providers in your area. Some community health centres have methadone clinics attached.

A lot of people try Biala out first, because they're centrally located on Roma St. You could give them a call on 3238 4080. There's also the Peel St Methadone Clinic at South Brisbane. Their phone number is 3844 9222.

Also, some private GPs prescribe methadone. You can find one by calling the opiate treatments hotline on 3896 3805, but be aware that it can be really difficult to find a place with a private GP.

Both private GPs and the government clinics have a limit on the number of patients they can take on at any one time, so it might take a while. Drop me a PM if you'd like any more specific info.

Last edited:
If you are serious consider looking into a Naltrexone implant, as they seem to work well, and you don't need to keep taking opiates....